Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

My brother came to stay last weekend from Taverny and so I had a go on his new E200 for a bit.

Must say.....having had enough of the joke of a control stick on my E100, I personally am sold on the new control alone. Wandering around the OS and playing FIRE game on it was a joy. I dont know where it came from but several of his mates have the phones over there too...??

I didnt have a chance to take any snaps so cant comment on camera function.

(It did look very tidy and usable though.)

Having the camera built in is a big plus for me as I enjoy using my phone when out and about as I'm forver taking snaps for my blogs.

Not having to remember to pocket the camera everytime I go out sounds wonderful and having a just got me a bluetooth pcmcia card for my portable makes for a worthwhile reason for me to upgrade.

Anyway.....am at the moment looking forward to the forthcoming Orange spv updated Rom on the 15th? So I am going to see what that does and take it from there.

Fortunettly My company decide to update my mobile today in to 1,6!!!!! :)

2 weeks befor officiall release ..... intresting :?:

Unfortunettly they refuse to send update they say "....... come to IT help desk they will do it for u..." :shock:

Bastards!!! :twisted:

2 weeks befor officiall release ..... intresting  :?: 

Unfortunettly they refuse to send update they say "....... come to IT help desk they will do it for u..."    :shock: 

Is Orange your employer? Where r u from?

Guest LAMBERTJ08

2 weeks befor officiall release ..... intresting  :?: 

Unfortunettly they refuse to send update they say "....... come to IT help desk they will do it for u..."    :shock: 

Serious ? :shock:

"My compagny", Orange ? The ROM 1.6 is a BETA, no ?

I am very interesting :wink:

Guest hecatae

been reliably informed this build will be available 15th november.

Oh, and hi everyone, I'm new here but you've probably heard the name on w@mob, hofo, esato and others.

Guest LAMBERTJ08

Yes and not, it is not a final version and it is not me who said... it is a Swiss who had the 1.6 between hands :!:

He even said as it was not possible to cut the signature on a SPV with this ROM 1.6 with the method Orange and as the bootloader was the even worse than the last ROM SMART :!:

And then he also said as it was impossible to install this ROM 1.6 since the ROM QTEK 1.5 :cry:

Guest Richie M
Mr Orange,  

News of the update  :?:   :roll:

We recieved the new 1.61 build to test yesterday, this build includes the MSN Messenger fix :) so far so good.

All being well Orange are aiming for a Mid November release, depending on authorisation and certification of the build :(

Guest shimmip

Er it all depends how you get into the inbox :?

If you go in via the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen pressing back takes you back to the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen (as it should).

If you go in via the Programs menu pressing back takes you back to the Programs menue (as it should).

Nope, you're not understanding what he's saying. The problem is when you press "back" to get back from an individual message into the inbox, the OS frequently does a "double back" and takes you through the inbox back into the home screen or the programs menu. It does not matter which way you get into the inbox. It is VERY annoying, especially if you use the SPV extensively for texts and e-mails, which I do.

Guest Richie M
Nope, you're not understanding what he's saying. The problem is when you press "back" to get back from an individual message into the inbox, the OS frequently does a "double back" and takes you through the inbox back into the home screen or the programs menu. It does not matter which way you get into the inbox. It is VERY annoying, especially if you use the SPV extensively for texts and e-mails, which I do.

Nope it dont do that either :(

If you are in a message and press back it will return you to the inbox :)

Guest shimmip

Nope it dont do that either :(

If you are in a message and press back it will return you to the inbox :)

Err, yes it does. It works correctly about 20% of the time and does as you describe but about 80% of the time it does a "double back" on my phone and is a fairly common issue amongst friends of mine that have SPVs. I suspect it may be a build issue (though I've had 3 SPVs and its happened with all 3) and hence crops up on only some phones. This may be why you haven't experienced it, but please don't tell me what does and does not happen on my phone :D

Guest Richie M
Err, yes it does. It works correctly about 20% of the time and does as you describe but about 80% of the time it does a "double back" on my phone and is a fairly common issue amongst friends of mine that have SPVs. I suspect it may be a build issue (though I've had 3 SPVs and its happened with all 3) and hence crops up on only some phones. This may be why you haven't experienced it, but please don't tell me what does and does not happen on my phone  :(

er calm down there dude :) i was trying to tell you what happens on MY phone with 1.6 & 1.61 build as that was the question you asked :?

Guest shimmip

er calm down there dude :) i was trying to tell you what happens on MY phone with 1.6 & 1.61 build as that was the question you asked :?

Sorry, misunderstood what you were saying bud. :oops: That'll teach me to read and respond to posts with gummed together eyes from 2 hours of Red Bull fuelled "sleep". :shock: Ho hum, and thanks for the answer :wink: