Where can I find a dual-SIM holder for the SPV?

Guest bejiboys

Guest mlkanapi

Nice one, Dino!

I too have a leather case for my sap. Wala lang brand.

I don't use it because the plastic front part dulls the display. What is the front part of your case made of?

Guest mlkanapi

d-coy,

I have a spare triple SIM holder that I used with my previous 6310i but has now developed missing plastic clips to hold the SIM card and loose connections to the board from the flat ribbon.

I decided not to use it because of the above. I guess it will work as the network switching is accomplished in the electronics of the multiple SIM holder and not in the SAP.

If you have one, try it and see if it will shift networks. It should be interesting :idea:

Guest dinoalbert
Nice one, Dino!

I too have a leather case for my sap. Wala lang brand.  

I don't use it because the plastic front part dulls the display. What is the front part of your case made of?

Got the idea from you Doc! :lol:

My Kruselle leather case is also using a plastic for the front part...importante kase sa akin hindi mabasa or madumihan yung screen, although talagang may slight difference and display kung naka-case at yung bare lang

Guest mlkanapi

Hi Dino,

Do you experience this... Sometimes after shifting networks, the line 1 or 2 indicator does not show? Is the phone able to accept calls or is it in some kind of limbo?

Guest dinoalbert

no havent noticed that yet. Pero tama ka nga dun sa dati mong observation....when you turn off the phone and then it turn on again, unang nadedetect ang Globe (kahit pinagpalit ko na ang simcards ng slot)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mlkanapi

@ all,

It finally arrived! What I have been awaiting for so long. It's the Dual SIM holder that's the size of a SIM card. See HERE

I cut my SIM cards without any difficulty and it works...

Yipee!

Guest mlkanapi

@ casperr,

So far no local source yet. I am looking into how I might ask my source there in Singapore to help me get some more.

It might help to get a head count to know how many of you are interested.

It also works on other phones. The only limiting factor is the holder of the SIM card or the clip in your phone. The assembled Dual SIM holder is slightly thicker than the original SIM and it might be a tight fit. The suppliers do not recommend frequent removal & changing of the cut SIM cards because of possible damage due to it's fragility. No problem with our SAP though.

It's also not that difficult to cut the SIM cards to size. I've cut 4 cards ( 2 old ones for practice ).

Good thing for the SAP, you only need to use the radio/airplane mode to shift networks. You do not need to power down and restart to change networks. You all know how long this takes. Nokia phones use #3370* to shift.

For any one interested , please pm me for more details.

mlkanapi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mlkanapi

@ all,

I PM'd some of you regarding the availability of the DUAL SIM HOLDER.

I have a few Dual SIM holders arriving soon. It works perfectly with the SAP but can work with other phones too.

PM me if you are interested.

mlkanapi

Guest mlkanapi

@ all,

The items arrived already. There are 10 Dual SIM holders and there are 4 reservations so far.

I have shown that it works for our SAP but it is supposed to work for MOST phones.

Just PM me or text me at 0920-905-3134 if you're interested.

Cheers,

mlkanapi

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@ ALL

OK na OK yung dual SIM holder na ini-endorse ni Doc...endorse ko na rin. :)

perfect fitting sa SIM slot ng SPV...no problem kahit i-cut yung SIM sa size nung template. and napaka dali mag shift b/w networks, airplane/radio on-off lang.

THE BEST :D