The story behind your /nick

Guest beersoft

Guest morpheus2702

It all started one day when I was trying to get GPRS to connect.

After the 100th attempt I swear I could hear a bottle of Taboo calling to me from the fridge, saying 'drink me Jim, drink me, then it will connect'

The next thing I knew I was laying face down in a puddle of my own sick...

We understand Jim, i feel that u are not the only one in this group that suffering from the same symptoms.

anyone else wanna share their feelings with the group?

thank you jim, please take a seat and join in with the group decussions

"Z"

Guest siu99spj

Getting vaguely back ON-TOPIC :wink: my nick is disturbingly simple, its the username I was given at university. SI was the Science department, U was undergraduate, 99 was the year, and SPJ are my initials

At the time I had umpteen different E-Mails and God knows how many nicknames floating about the place. So I consolidated them all into siu99spj, along with a Yahoo! E-Mail as I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my University E-Mail (I had to leave eventually).

So, I know live on the internet as siu99spj or, occaisonally, Cymon (More often in IM) as it relates to what I actually did in University (BEng Cybernetic & Electronic Engineering if you really wanted to know).

Boring, but it seems to have stuck now...

Nice stories behind your nicks.

Mine was simple. When I got my Nissan 300ZX Turbo, I searched the net for forums bout this car and I stumbled at z31.com (z31 is the 84-89 model of 300ZX's) Everyones nick there was there name and the model of their Z's. So I created zaldy84zxt (zaldy is my name, 84 is the car model, ZX for the car and T stands for Turbo) but back at the local car forums (Philippines) I find my handle very long so I cut it out to ZXT. Been using it for 4 years now.

Now I used it to every forum I joined.

Guest Gorskar

Long(ish) story.

Back in 1999 I started a site for Warhammer games. It's still online at http://www.blackdwarf.co.uk but I dont really have the inclination to add new content anymore.

Anyway for one of the stories I created a planet (called dreonbinn prime)

I started playing this online game called planetarion where you had a nickname and lived at a planet (and went and attacked other planets). So I picked that planet name and thought of a random orky sounding name to go with it.

I've long since stopped playing planetarion, but the nickname stuck.

The pic comes from my current favourite game: Warcraft 3

Guest spacecowboy6982
spelled Schiøtt, but I bet none of you non-danes have a clue how to pronuce that
:) Dont tempt me, please lol :(

Everyone give Paul a round of applause for sharing that with us...  

My name is Jim and I'm an alcoholic.  

That Zim - Morpheus counselling session easily the funniest thing I've read on MoDaCo - I can actually type "lol" and mean it hehe !

As for my name - who hasn't seen "spacecowboys" ? Legendary film ! As for the number - my AOL account branded me with it so its my email too ! :D

Guest AngelOfRage

i go under a few different nick's but My current one is the one i use for the PC game Starcraft, lots of people had really Dark / Gothic sounding names so i just followed suit! + i think it sounds kinda cool and most people just shorten it to Angel. :)

Guest spacecowboy6982

Same here :roll:

Lol - basically its a bunch of "old stars" that get shot up into space - nothing special, i just thought the whole concept was funny :)

Guest casper508

I was given the nick casper by my school mates who thot I was a really friendly person. The numbers 508 have been with me ever since. School , college, uni, even work; 508 has been a part of my ID.

Cas

Mine is a French colloquial word for Hello. It's generally said with some enthusiasm and is more or less the same as COOEEE!

Ahem.

Anyway I started using it back in about 97-98 when I had a French pen-friend, Dominique (from Martinique). She started kind of getting obsessed with me (as so many women are bound to do :lol: ) and her e-mails to me all started with Coucou! as if it were my name. I liked the sound of it, and she was cute (don't tell my wife I said that) so I started using it as my nickname. All say Ahh...

Or not.

My real name is Peter Brown, but that sounds kind of ordinary :|

It was around this time that I started drinking White Lightning.

Guest Slowazz

Well...

I came up with my nick in my modem days, when i got disconnected so often, and my speed would compare to typing in the binary code from a printout paper on to the screen... (Hmm don't think that made sense :lol: )

Anyways as my nick at first reffered to my connection, I have now begin to live by it ;)

• 7 months later...
Guest [flicker]

Mine is just the name of my band(but with...get this....brackets!). Not terribly exciting. Have had many over the years but am sticking with [flicker] now. Easy to remember for my poor addled brain...