The story behind your /nick

Guest beersoft

Guest DAK ATTACK

Used to be called Dakkard many years ago when I used to make skins for an application called dashboard and submit them on sites (around the times of Neil Faulkner and Mcdeb etc).

It was given to me by my old pocket pc net friends, its a poor spelt name of the character played by ford in Blade Runner.....my friends thought I was a robot because I hardly sleep.

Now updated it to DAKATTACK, because if P diddy can update his name then why can't I?

Guest confused and hungover

the day i registered for this site was the day i got my C500. i had a nasty hangover and no clue how to work the bloody phone.

i didn't expect to use the site this much

Guest shadamehr

When I was 12 or so years old (wow) I bought as a one off, a copy of Dragon mag (the Dungeons and Dragons type magazine).

Half way through it, there was this excellent picture of a warrior woman, and a dwarf, at the top of a winding valley. It was entitled "Waiting for Shadamehr" I fell in love with it instantly.

Back then these were the days before the word wide web, and ordering the full size print meant an overseas land order - so suffice to say, I never bothered. I did however cut out and keep the mini picture from the magazine, and kept it for years.

Many years later, after using the internet for several years after it 'came about', I suddenly had a thought "why don't I search for it". I did, and a helpful user on a website forum somewhere told me it was a Larry Elmore picture, and referred me to his website. I found the print available for order, and ordered it at once. In the personal messages box I explained to Larry Elmore the story behind it, and how long I had been after it. And when it arrived, he had signed it "To Patrick, finally the wait is over..."

(It's entitled "Waiting for Shadamehr" remember).

I fell in love with the name, and even asked Larry if it was ok to buy the shadamehr.com domain name - and he said this was fine.

So ever since, I have been SHADAMEHR, as in as much as it is a mouthful, it is a GREAT web username, as it is unique, and therefore always available, and has a story behind it!

You can see more of Larry Elmore's work (the Dragonlance artist himself) at:

Larry Elmore Website

The print I spotted all those years ago is attached.

post-21885-1119953265_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cold_fire
As im bored on a saturday night and people do keep asking me why are you called beersoft? and i stumbled over this thread ...

Here it goes ,my nick is dated in my early days of newbie as a PC user ,used 4 the first time on Mirc ,after that i created an e-mail address with it and it survived .Why this name ? First i like nature ,and i chose 2 elements wich were different and came out with cold_fire . :)

Guest Confused Stu

I'd just bought an original SPV as I wanted something with a colour screen and able to access the internet (I was spending so much time at girlfriends house that I never saw my Desktop). The guy in the Orange shop recommended CoolSmartPhone.com.

I knew NOTHING about the phone and had never heard of "Windows Smartphone" before going into the shop, but did visit the site. It was talking about so much the phone could do (play full length films!!!!) that I realised I'd stumbled onto something big that I'd never imagined. I had to know more, so registered with an accurate description (my name's Stuart).

Over the past couple of years, I've just managed to find out more things about the phones to get confused by.... :)

Guest Veranum

i came up with this name when i was combing words to make a cool nick for a m8 of mine. i have been using it for many years now.