'Kumite' revealed... feast your eyes on this!

Guest Richie M

Just a quick question, is it going to play as well on the Canary? Obviously you've got WM2k3 support in it, does it play better on recent devices or is the Bluetooth support the only difference?

Guest midnight

We are considering adding extra features to the e200 version, but, so far thats undecided, so, it will play identical on all phones, from original SPV up to the new devices, but with the addition of bluetooth multiplayer for devices that have it.

So the features mentioned in the demo (except bluetooth) will work on all phones.

The non-playable demo is a great teaser! But is it possible to make the view of the final game includes also a portrait mode option. Rather than stretching the screen, make it scrolling to compensate for the width. Please...

And did you guys plan how much the game would cost?

the game is not 'streched' for that aspect ratio, that's the way it's designed, and it scrolls in there already

the levels are 50% wider than the screen is tall, so in portrait mode you'd never see your oppponent ! :)

Guest midnight

yeh, indeed, the combat would be a little too close for comfort in portrait mode, and we would like to always keep both characters on screen at all times, we have however added to our list of 'nice to have' a portrait mode, we're just not sure about it yet :)

Guest Maverick

The people who have the moto flip phone may not appreciate the landscape mode because it would be a bit difficult to play on a flip phone. But finish the landscape version first ! ;-)

Guest stevewright

How will the players be controlled? Anything like Fight hard 3D? Holding the SPV sideways can make it kinda difficult to get a good key combination that's easy to use. I found Motocross Stunt Racer hard to play, but the Tennis Addict keys were ingenious.

Guest midnight

its normal joystick/joypad+punch and kick, the punch and kick keys can be defined however you like. We have obviously tried this combination and it works fine.

also, you will be able to rotate the screen 180 degrees if you like so that you can control the joystick using your left or right thumb

Guest agent.m
agent.m, have you tried a soft reset (restart) of your phone and then trying the .cab again?

never done one of those before dont think :? no sorted it. i tried using smart explorer to but this time put the cab in accesorries and it worked no problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickcornaglia

Wow! First time I've seen this. Downloaded tonight on my i600 and it looks great. Graphics are great. Tons of detail. Cool shadows. I don't like to brag...but I do hold a YELLOW belt in TangSooDo. Had to be beaten by many 10 year olds to get that honor....and that's when I was 30!

But I digress....can't wait for the full version. Great Job! :lol:

Guest hecatae

any chance kumite could be mapped to the keypad, volume and record buttons being action buttons, phone held same way as xrick?

would an option be available to do this?

Guest midnight

yep, thats one of the methods under cosideration for e200 owners (well, any device in fact), the keypad controls will be fully configurable. but until we say a positive 'yes it fully works on the e200' we will need to do testing of several control methods.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.