'Kumite' revealed... feast your eyes on this!

Guest Richie M

Guest Simon Desser
(we are trying to make a living out of these games :))

I've got the upmost respect for your games and tweaks etc. BUT, you'll NEVER make a living out of games that take you months and months and months to produce, and aren't aimed at other platforms such as, dare I say it, Symbian :?:

Guest midnight

that may well be, but we dont wanna make games that take 2 weeks and also below par (and then charge you for 1 hrs play then you delete it), the idea is to create games that finally show what the ms smartphone can do, we also plan on releasing the games for pocketpc, good games take time, but we are not going to make games for symbian. To get the best out of a platform you need to make the game for that specific platform, cross platform in theory is a great idea, but in practice the games just end up mediocre due to the compromises that are made so it works on all platforms. Kumite was put on hold around 3 months ago due to circumstances out of our control, so we started work on another game (until the kumite issue was resolved), this game is almost complete. Kumite has only actually had about 1 months work put into it so far (beleive it or not), and work will continue on it as soon as the other game is complete.

Guest mcwarre
BUT, you'll NEVER make a living out of games that take you months and months and months to produce, and aren't aimed at other platforms such as, dare I say it, Symbian  :?:

Well, that's your opinion Simon.

I for one would pay upto Ten Whole English (not British, mind) Pounds for Kumite the day it comes out.

If it takes, say, another two months to develop (3 in total) and only 1000 people buy it @ £10 (for example) that's £10,000 for 3 months work; which is nice.

Guest Simon Desser

I would pay even more than that when it comes out, but my point is that Midnight talks about "making a living" from these games :?

I can't see it, subsidising your current income, or making a bit of extra money on the side, maybe, but making a living :?:

Selling the the game for say £10.00, then presumeably having to give a nice cut to Handango and Smartphone.net etc. for selling it, I'm sure he won't see anything like £10.00 :?:

Then assuming if he's "making a living" from these games (he says "we are a software company") then he'll have to give a nice cut to the tax man, so there's say 25% gone straight away :roll:

And, presumeably there's more than midnight involved, so say there's 2 or 3 people (or more) in this "company" then the profits will have to get split between them :?:

Finally, if it's run as a legitimate "company" there's all sorts of other things to consider, National Insurance, health cover, even pensions :shock:

I've probably taken it a bit far, but you see my point, earning a bit on the side from it, Yeah, but "making a living", I can't see it :?:

Guest midnight

besides that fact this is totally off topic, dont forget, we'll be releasing several games throughout the year, not just one :)

like i said, we have one game due soon, then kumite, and designs for several more (some are smaller games taking less development time, and some are big games while will take a few months to develop). The hardest part of making games is getting a game engine going, that game engine can then service several games, and so development time is cut considerably. Just because the first one or two games take 5-6 months, doesnt mean the others will :lol:

simon, i'm not arguing with you, but let me worry about me making money, and you just be happy that finally (what we consider to be) high quality games will be available and not just some more bejewled clones, hopefully this will give other developers a kick up the backside so they try and compete (hell, we need the competition, it drives us on to make even better games) :lol:

Announcing Kumite was a mistake, we know that now, we announced it too early and announced without knowing problems with e200 etc. This is why we'll say we are working on games, but not actually give any more details or show screenshots, we'll not fall into the same trap again :lol:

Guest Toyota-F1.com
it most certainly wont be free (we are trying to make a living out of these games :))

I might put this the wrong way, hopefully not, butI won't get exam marks for getting it right so I'll come out with it asap... :lol:

I'm 16 & I've barely just got a credit card (I don't know if it's credit - it's a current account card anyway - no chequebook), and my parents never buy anything off the internet and I don't either, which is why I don't see me buying games off the net.

I don't buy anything off the net, anything at all...

I don't know if anyone sees my point (including me), but that's what I was tring to say.

I'll shut up now :oops:

:lol:

Guest blewer

All I can say is good luck Midnight, Kumite looks fantastic. It's got to be the best game for the smartphone platform ever :)

Why not sell it from your website so as not to incur chanrges from handango. Over 20,000 people on this forum know that you are making this game, i'm sure you would still make thousands of sales.

Guest midnight

it was something Paul was talking about for the future, so that could be possible, but the game we are working on now would be finished before paul gets chance to implement anything, who knows, for Kumite that may be possible. But the difference is, Handango get into Catalogs such as the Orange catalog etc., they have an audience many times the size of MoDaCo, but then, who's to say Paul can't do a deal with the likes of Orange to get MoDaCo software in the catalog (would also promote MoDaCo at the same time)

Guest clv101
...and my parents never buy anything off the internet and I don't either, which is why I don't see me buying games off the net.

I don't buy anything off the net, anything at all...

I think you and your parents should start to buy things off the net. It's the worlds's best market place! Best choice, best value etc...

Guest Pondrew

I think you and your parents should start to buy things off the net. It's the worlds's best market place! Best choice, best value etc...

I'm with you clv101. The internet not only provide convenience and security (if you use the right sites) but it often costs a dam sight less then from the highstreet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest squall
when can i by this game it looks grate

not released yet - still being programmed. Hopefully within a month or two, but the developers rightly don't want to get tied down to a release date.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest x2c4u

not released yet - still being programmed. Hopefully within a month or two, but the developers rightly don't want to get tied down to a release date.

alloo all!!! jus joined this forum... cant wait for it to cum out :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.