SPV Vs E200 Usability and Features (not 56k friendly)

Guest stu_lowe2003

Guest stu_lowe2003

That can't be right, i got about 8 hours battery life running pocket music constantly for the entire time on my e100. everyone knows how resource-hungry that app is! (ie. near 100% CPU usage the entire time i'd guess)

I can't see how bluetooth can use up quite that much power... :?

Decided to put this to the test this afternoon. I took the e200 off charge and turned on bluetooth at lunchtime, about 12:30pm. It is now 5:20pm and the battery is between a third and half full. So yes, it takes quite a bit off it.

Stu

Sorry, slighltly opp topic here, but what is the "automatic" BT mode? and does anyone know if the SE T610 has it as my other half is getting one for xmas. I'm goping to go for the E200 in Jan when my upgrades due..!

Got my BT dongle at the ready but its got high sensitivity -90dBm so it should be able to pick up the e200 from further away (in theory) and its class 1 so it should have no prob transmitting!

Chris

See you all at 8pm!

Guest Pagemakers

And regarding BT, if I want to poll my email etc using broadband when I am in the vicinity of my BT PC, will it use that on pass through automatically, like it does when it is placed in the cradle, or do I have to fiddle around with the setting every time?

What I mean is can I keep settings/connection on automatic, and when I am in the house it will use BT and when I go out it will use GPRS automatically?

Guest Gangsta Moto

Yo,

It's all good about the E200 and all that but judging from the review....even though it has WM2003,Bluetooth and an integrated camera....the Motorola MPX200 seems give more satisfaction to those that have tested it.

I think i'll go for the Moto instead people... why on earth does anyone wanna carry a brick around anyways...it looks like a landline cordless phone.

Anyways nice review mate and well done.

Respec!

Guest spacecowboy6982
why on earth does anyone wanna carry a brick around anyways...

Welcome to the site mate.

Your above comment may be true yes - but if you seriously knew what it could do in compaison to the MPx200, you'de have an E-200 in your backpocket A.S.A.P :)

spacecowboy

Guest spacecowboy6982
Because everytime you want to see what's on your today screen, you have to flip open moto's cover + flip phones are for girls :(

Hehehe - the sleek finish on the Moto could be used as a mirror I suppose - god dammit my lips need done again :)

Guest fwillerup
Decided to put this to the test this afternoon. I took the e200 off charge and turned on bluetooth at lunchtime, about 12:30pm. It is now 5:20pm and the battery is between a third and half full. So yes, it takes quite a bit off it.

yikes, that sucks. :( I have some experience with SonyEricsson phones and Bluetooth and although it drains the battery it is not too bad. IMHO, the E200 battery life pretty much means BT Headset usage is not a practical option.

Thanks a bunch stu for doing this test!! :)

/fred

Guest stu_lowe2003
And regarding BT, if I want to poll my email etc using broadband  when I am in the vicinity of my BT PC, will it use that on pass through automatically, like it does when it is placed in the cradle, or do I have to fiddle around with the setting every time?

What I mean is can I keep settings/connection on automatic, and when I am in the house it will use BT and when I go out it will use GPRS automatically?

It won't detect your home bluetooth and automatically connect. You have to tell the phone to activesync via bluetooth.

However, once connected you can set the connection to automatic and it will use the passthrough until you disconnect.

Stu

Guest Gangsta Moto

Guy's

I aint even gonna argue... the truth is the SPV/E200 does not do much more than the MPX200 even though it does have WM2003,BT and a camera...for one they only are relevant to those who need em.

Ideally we should only be comparing the first SPV and the MPX cos they are of similar specs. However...Stu...or should i sayDisco Stu summed it all up in his review as i've attached below:

I am left with the impression that this phone is a far more complete piece of kit than the SPV. Things launch quickly and the menus navigate well, very little egg timer time.

That does not say very much for it compared to the rave reviews the MPX has received. Also...some joker claimed it was smaller than the MPX....maybe only on SPV fantasy Island.

Anyhow, all to his/her own so what ever suits the user best is best for him...me on the otherhand will pick whats best for me.

Peace!

Guest stu_lowe2003
"]Moto is MUCH smaller than the e200?!?

P

Agreed, people seem to be comparing the depth of the phone. The mpx200 is a flip phone. Of course it will be a little thicker when closed.

I played with a dummy phone, it is much smaller than the e200 and also than the mitac 8380 I played with.

Stu

Guest Gangsta Moto

Disco Stu wrote:

Send me one and the review is yours

I aint got the MPX200 so no can do mate...but...if i had to rely on what you the other reviewers have written... the MPX200 seems a better buy...unless maybe a person really needs the camera and BT stuff. I for one dont so i'm not at all bothered. Hopefully, as soon as it's out here in the UK i'll get one so till then i gots to rely on what ya'll say innit?

Putting it simply...why do i wanna carry a desktop around when there are other things called laptops...that can do the exact same...and better now and again. With the case of the SPV...when the new updated MPX steps into the arena there aint gonna be too many haters in the back talkin loud.

Cheers

Guest Schioett

I can think of one word (to rule them all - ah, only one month to got LOTR 8) )

.NET !

It is SOOOOOOO cool to develop your own apps and show them off to your friends: "Hey look - I just made my self a new game!"

Wonder if one could score any chicks on this... :shock:

Cheers :wink:

Guest gadget1

is it just me, or does anyone else find the handsfree jumble of wire a comlpete *$%@#. You just have to look at it and it ties itself up in knots, the phone spends most of its time hanging from a bird's nest of knots. And, because, for the second time, the end has broken off the connector in the phone, I can't use the phone without the headset. I was sooo looking forward to BT, what a let down

Guest Pagemakers

Personally, I think BT is generally a poor commodity, and I'm not talking about on the E200 either.

On the Nokia 6600 for example, the ONLY way to connect to your PC is via BT or IR. I had my phone for 3 days, tried to get BT working on 3 different XP PC's. Countless re-installs and calls to Nokia and TDK resulted in zero connection. So that phone went after just a few days - good riddance!! I could get it to connect to my laptop however, but what a pile of messing around trying to get it to work easily. No more dropping the phone into a docking cradle and doing nothing while your phone syncs. It was, press this, press that, go upstairs and press this on your PC, etc. Utter rubbish!

Guest stu_lowe2003
Personally, I think BT is generally a poor commodity

I disagree, I have found it to be extremely useful. Once set up you only have to select 'sync via bluetooth'. And it is done. No having to put your phone back in its cradle when you want to set up new software.

Stu

Guest Pagemakers

I can't talk about BT on the E200 cos I haven’t used it yet but my experiences with BT as a whole are generally awful.

I hope, ney, I'm sure, the E200 will prove me wrong.