SPV Vs E200 Usability and Features (not 56k friendly)

Guest stu_lowe2003

Guest Protide

How is the video performance?

It lags pretty much on my 7070 when i´m watching videoclips, even those who are specially "made" for Smartphones!

On msmobiles.com they compared Qtek 8080 (E200) with Nokia 6600! They wrote that N6600 has about the same menu speed as Qtek 7070 and that they were nowhere near as fast as E200!?

if that´s true, then i´m buying the E200!

Guest stu_lowe2003
Stu in what order of your preference would you put the following:

E100

E200

Treo 600

P900

Posted from my SmartPhone!

I have not used a p900, so don't know on that one i'm afraid.

1st. Treo 600 - invaluable device to me now, does so much

2nd. E200 - nice device, coupla new things and it works properly

3rd. E100 - 3rd cos of the reasons above for the other two i guess.

Stu

Guest spacecowboy6982

The dummy phone I had a go of seemed a pretty weighty device - felt really solid in my hand unlike my SPV - still gonna go for the E-200 though.

And "PageMakers",u've had evre other smartphonephone out - give the Treo a tryout m8 :lol:

spacecowboy

Regards to all.

I read all the articles and I'm now really confused, What should I get now??? I used to have an SPV,what's in your opinion the best,powerfull mobile btw the Mio,Treo,Samsung,Moto,E200.. I'm looking forward for the fastest CPU speed,best video recording... good at all of meaning plz answer I'm looooooossssssssttttt and I sold my spv waiting to get the newest one of the above :lol:

Guest stu_lowe2003
Regards to all.

I read all the articles and I'm now really confused, What should I get now??? I used to have an SPV,what's in your opinion the best,powerfull mobile btw the Mio,Treo,Samsung,Moto,E200.. I'm looking forward for the fastest CPU speed,best video recording... good at all of meaning plz answer I'm looooooossssssssttttt and I sold my spv waiting to get the newest one of the above :lol:

Before I start I know nothing much as yet about the Samsung, ask encece about this one.

As far as the other phones go it depends on what you rate your phones on. The fastest cpu is in the Mitac, it runs a 200mhz xscale processor. The Treo has a 144mhz OMAP processor and the E200 and the moto have 132Mhz OMAPs.

The most powerful as far as uses is probably the Treo 600. A lot more can be actually done with it, if you use a PDA and a phone then this device can replace both, without being too massive.

You mention video recording, the only device of these that will do this out of the box is the E200. The moto doesn't have a camera at all.

It's a tough one to call. If you are after multimedia functions, vid playback, photos, vid record then the E200 will probably be best for you. If you would like a slick looking quick phone then look at the moto. If you use a pda normally and want the the great faetures of that on your mobile then look at the Treo.

Up to you i guess

Stu

Just a question that noboby has covered on this thread does the e200 have a playlist funcion for mp3 ? I hate the way the e100 will only play its way through all the songs on media player .I would like to set it to play before I leave home for work rather than trying to change songs as I drive.

P.S Handsfree kit's who needs them ? My e100 fits between my stearing wheel and its easy to answer calls and put it onto loudspeaker and the phone aint that far from me so I can hear it fine and the other end can hear me ! :lol:

Guest Relmerator

There is a delete all option for the MMS and SMS accounts, though it is somewhat hard to find. Go to Menu > Accounts/Folders, highlight MMS or SMS, Folders, then Menu > Delete SMS (or MMS) Messages.

Guest statscat

I guess it doens't allow you to delete all you emails easily because when you sync with your PC it will remove them for your PC too so I guess MS don't want people trashing their inboxes.

Guest Pagemakers

I never sync my phone's inbox with my PC. Instead, I use my phone as a stand alone email client. My email server forwards the same email to my PC and my phone. That way I get ALL my emails wherever I am in real time. I don't have to wait to get to my PC to sync.

It's a real pain deleting 30 emails one by one.

MS - if you are reading this.....please, 'delete all email' is a much needed feature request. Please can you include it in some future update of 2003.

Guest stu_lowe2003
Stu,

Any news regarding DNS support on the Windows Media player on E200? thanks

Yaya

Am still not quite sure what you mean. Explain in detail. Tell me like i'm an idiot, just pretend for a minute :lol:

Stu

Guest megahertz

Stu

I wonder

is the joystick good?

because you didnt pay any atention to it

is it nice?

does it do what you "want" it to?

(unlike the Canary acording to what i've herd)

Thank's alot...because this is defenently my next pice of hardware!

by the way...how much did it cost?

Guest stu_lowe2003
"]Joystick is MUCH improved :lol:

P

Yup, but it did take a couple of days to get used to, i kept missing the option i wanted if i was moving fast with it.

But yes it is good, and better for games

Stu

Guest megahertz

Yup, but it did take a couple of days to get used to, i kept missing the option i wanted if i was moving fast with it.

But yes it is good, and better for games

Stu

Thank you both!

but you didn't answer my other question...

how much did it cost?

oh and should i buy it from expansys?

here is a link:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=108280

does this look safe to you?

anyway thanks alot! ;) because this is my next cell (after the nokia 5100)

Stu,

you are far from being an idiot...

DNS support: on your Windows media player Open URL option, one can type a URL to media clip, for example http://www.mysite.com/madona.wmv where "www.mysite.com" is a domain name. My question is: must I specify the IP address like http://82.16.123.11/madona.wmv or the player will apply a DNS translation on the "www.mysite.com" and retrive the corrent IP by itself?

BTW, on the E100, you must specify the IP address.. no DNS support.

Thanks

Guest stu_lowe2003
DNS support: on your Windows media player Open URL option, one can type a URL to media clip, for example  

BTW, on the E100, you must specify the IP address.. no DNS support.

Thanks

It doesn't work, no. I'm afraid.

Though with a little fiddling i got the Treo to do it.

Stu

Guest stu_lowe2003
okay thanks.

Is there a windows media player on the Treo 600 as well?

Yaya

No, sorry if this mislead, i managed to use DNS to access a divx and stream it.

Stu