SPV Vs E200 Usability and Features (not 56k friendly)

Guest stu_lowe2003

Guest egghead101

You can delete emails and texts in multiples through the space maker. See posts on tweaking spve200.....all or nothing though i.e. by read, by account, by folder

Guest Pagemakers
You can delete emails and texts in multiples through the space maker. See posts on tweaking spve200.....all or nothing though i.e. by read, by account, by folder

Yes but do a 'send and receive' again and your emails come straight back. Whoopie :roll:

Guest bigjohnuk

Great review. I got mine over the weekend and think the E200 is a great improvment on the 1st SPV. It also feels lighter and better to handle than the old SPV. :lol:

Waiting on news on the Car Kits. The 1st Kit was pants :cry:

PS did the dcu.exe setup program run for you off the CD? Mine does not work. I can setup the Sync OK with Outlook. dcu.exe program says Failed to connect! Strange.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Shandor

hi stu!

i used to own the SPV E100 and i'd like to know what you think the main differences are between that and the SPV E200. There are a lot of us who are actually very interested with the features of the E200. I read your comparison and it was very thorough. Hope you can also shed some light on a comparison between the E100 and the E200. I have some questions that i hope you can answer:

1) Is the joystick of the E100 going to be phased out? I noticed that there is a different button to replace it. Is it a multi directional joystick or just a button?

2) What's the maximum capacity of the expansion card that you can use for the SPV E200?

3) Is the processor of the SPV E200 faster? Is the OS more stable? We'ev had a lot of problems here in manila with our SPVs hanging. Example...when your phone is locked and you get a call, it hangs and the only way to get it working again is to remove the battery and restart.

4) What's the internal memory of the SPV E200? Is it still 7MB like the E100?

Thanks!

Eric

• 3 months later...
Guest Kodanshi

Hello there. I have very little idea about mobile phones and just wanted a new one with neat features. SPV E200 seemed great, but I've read a lot of stuff about its poor battery life. You mentioned its life when using Bluetooth, but how long does its battery usually last when you switch off Bluetooth? My current mobile has hideous problems with battery power, and I don't want to go through all that palaver again!

Cheers for your help in this matter :lol: .

Urm, belay that - I did more of a search on this rather sweet site, and found this topic dealing with my exact query = yay! :)

Guest ospre

If you've got battery problems at present then don't bother with the SPV E200.

I never get more than 30 hours standby out of mine.

I normally get up at 0700 and am in bed by 2200 and normally use it for a couple of short calls each day and about 60 minutes of "playing".

In reality it needs to be charged every night.

Don't know what the update is like for battery though. Hope this is of some use.

Nick.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Downsie

Sorry guys - this is gonna upset you. I have just taken delivery of a new SPV E200 and I think it's crap.

I am used to a Nokia 6310i, which is a Bluetooth device too. I am also used to Nokia's Phone Editor for the PC.

OK - so the E200 is a higher spec with full colour screen, camera, Internet, etc., but I use my phone for serious business. I don't want a kiddies' toy.

I need it simple stupid.

I need an operating menu that makes sense. I don't want to be standing and staring at my phone wondering, "How do I do such-and-such."

I need my phone to auto-answer when I've got my JABRA BT200 plugged into my earole.

When I want to send a text, I need a menu that says, "messages"

Got me as a technophobe? Wrong. I'm an engineer.

The SPV E200 was designed by a committee and it shows.

The Emperor has no clothes guys. My sim card is back inside my Nokia and it's staying there for at least another year.

Guest Vector

i disagree with you about the menus and messages...

i find the menus are the best and easiest to understand i've seen, maybe at first you have to get use to them but after 5 mins it feels like you have been using it all your life :D

and surely "Inbox" isn't to confusing? :?

Guest Downsie

The main shortcoming is the Bluetooth. I really do NEED the phone to answer iteslf and this one won't do it, even though there is a setting for that purpose. I set it to auto-answer after 4 seconds but it fails. Orange later informed me that it only works with certain headsets and mine isn't one of them. BRILLIANT!

With my Nokia, it works every time. I can (voice activated) call, answer, and hang up with my phone in the glove box!

Plus, using Nokia's Phone Editor, I can manage my phone book, send & receive texts from my PC with complete ease.

And I didn't need to study a manual for 8 hours to do it.

Guest Downsie

Does anyone out there have experience of using the E200 with a Blutooth headset? Which headset works? I have a JABRA BT200, which I was shocked to learn is not 100% compatible.

Ah, well ... the E200 didn't cost me anything cos it was a contract upgrade. I might give it another chance IF someone can solve my headset problem. Failing that, I'm gonna flog it.

It would have been nice to keep it though. I think its Internet capability is really useful. If only I could get it to mate with my Nokia 6310i then the offspring would be perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nuri

Hi Stu,

Good review. One question, I have been unable to get my E200 working with BT-ActiveSync, which USB manufacturer did you use and were did you get it from. I am borrowing an Inexq device, but no joy.

Thanks in advance,

Nuri :)

Guest Vector
Hi Stu,

Good review.  One question, I have been unable to get my E200 working with BT-ActiveSync, which USB manufacturer did you use and were did you get it from.  I am borrowing an Inexq device, but no joy.

Thanks in advance,

Nuri :lol:

BT-Activesync is a bugger to get working :)

Don't pair the phone from the pc to the phone, instead pair the pc with the phone FROM the phone, this seems to work :lol:

• 4 months later...

hi i have the spv e200 and i cant work out how to send files to other phones via bluetooth or infrared i want to send a video but i go to send at it only has send via mms or email please help me out this is seriously bugging me

hi i have the spv e200 and i cant work out how to send files to other phones via bluetooth or infrared i want to send a video but i go to send at it only has send via mms or email please help me out this is seriously bugging me

Use smart explorer ?

When you goto send via infrared it will also pick up all bluetooth devices in range

:)