Entry: UPDATED: Media Player Home Plugin

Guest orangewinger

Beauty!! But, am I mental?? I can't find the xml to add to the homescreen anywhere!?

Plugins are ordered as on screen. Just take the last plugin section and paste into your homescreen xml. It's the one that only has background specified in the parameters.

HTH

Guest orangewinger

Frarnold, is you device unlocked? This app hasn't been signed so it won't work on a locked device.

I've tried it on a 2003 device and it did work, but there may be other issues.

I'm still waiting to get an E200 before I can test it again!

Dave

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Also, could this be ammended to control Pocket Music, MVP, TV etc? Cheers.

Why would you want to do that? :lol:

Dave: downloaded this the other week and only got round to using it recently, very impressed.

Guest orangewinger

I'm glad everyone likes it, I used (when i had an spv) media player all the time and was a bit annoyed whenever I locked the keys that the phone goes back to the home screen. So I thought "why not write a plugin to control mp from the home screen then i can quickly pause my music etc"!

I'm looking forward to some cool looking home screens that use it when I have updated the formatting code.

Dave

Guest Animefan

Well just call me a dummy but im to stupid to install all this code!

Could someone dl the cow skin linked in my signature and put the plugin in it for me ? please or just tell me what to put where ? :?

OK - you're a dummy!! :lol:

Just copy the code below into your xml wherever you want it to appear!

<plugin clsid="{22CF74AC-E022-4c2d-BCE0-FBA9FB53BEFA}" name ="WMP_plugin" height="20">

</plugin>

If you still can't get it, let me know. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest statscat

LOL ROFL

ROFL LOL

Sorry I find that funny ........................

DAT have copied all of Orange's plugins from the SPV and E100 and sold them on to At&T (sorry Orange winger I know you work for DAT) and those plugins were copyrighted and there wasn't a lot that happened there so I guess is free game as long as the xml is differrent.

You can't stop back engineering. Yeah its crap when it happens, and its even crappier when you still have to work with the low lifes that do it. I am not saying its right but I am saying that you're not the first to be "back engineered" and you won't be the last.

Guest smokedog

Posted from my SmartPhone!

When I click on the Mediaplayer plugin from the homescreen it freezes the whole phone. This happens even if mediaplayer is running in the backgound. On a reboot the plugin does work, but will stop working after a period of time.

Guest namiran

i cant get it to work. i copy and pasted your code to my homescreen but then the homescreen cant be found on the list of homescreens so i cant apply it! what am i doing wrong? since i dont really see the effect of the update, heres a request, can you make it transparent when selected?

Thanks for the great plugin :lol:

Guest FrankyG

I'm having the same problems as Smokedog, it crashes the phone (Mpx200) which is kinda odd as it had been working great. I've just downloaded the updated version and about to try that will post results...

Guest smokedog

Testing the new version and it crash again while I was using media player.

Wanted to turn off media player and found out it crashed. I normally just reboot the phone by using the power button, but that didn't work. So I had to do a battery pull out, now its stuck on the "Hellomoto" screen :lol:

Guest orangewinger

Hmm, thats not very good at all, I wonder what could be causing this error?

I may have to mention on the post that this may have problems on the MPx200.

I've only had the chance to test it on the older rom versions and the MPx200 have the newer ones.

Dave

Guest FrankyG

I'm afraid it's the same for me,it's consistently crashing my phone now so that i'm going to have to stop using it. It seems to work only after it's been freshly installed...

MPX200

Guest FrankyG

Interesting; Whilst the plugin still isn't working correctly, it may not be completely hanging the phone as originally stated. Althought the phone locked up, the time and date on the external LCD were still ticking over and the volume control still worked. Next, I tried the voice dial function which also worked perfectly. From there, I viewed the contact I had just called and could also edit. But there is no way on earth to get back to the homescreen, so I had to power cycle the phone anyway. Dunno if that helps, but thought I should mention it.

ps I think you should mention this issue with MPx200's in the first post.