Entry: UPDATED: Media Player Home Plugin

Guest orangewinger

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomthegeek

I have an SMT 5600 with 2003 amd WMP10 and I am getting the same error. Whats up?

I've got an SP3i with WMP10 on it and the plugin does not work, says 'MSWMPLAYER'  cannot be found.  Could I edit the registry and fix this?  Thanks for any advice!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest criticalx
Update:

After testing on an out of the box unlocked E200 the plugin works without any problems.

I have now added support for graphics (selected and unselected) and position the control graphics and the colour of them too. See the attached screenshot for an idea of looks.

Advice:

Some MPx200s seem to be crashing when using this plugin, so if you have one of these phones then use with caution!

After a bit of a wait here is the second release of the Windows Media Player Home Plugin. The plugin allows you to control (play, pause, next & back) media player from your home screen. You can now also change the formatting of the plugin (on a basic level).

The CAB is unsigned (as is the dll) and contains a home layout to test the control, obviously it can be added to any home screen by placing the line of XML in the layout file. It works on 2002 and 2003 OS.

The plugin works as follows: select the plugin (using up / down), action button will play or pause the track, left key will go to previous track and right key will go to next track. If Media Player isn't running when you perform an action on the plugin then it will automatically be launched.

Formatting XML:

Old style:

<plugin clsid="{22CF74AC-E022-4c2d-BCE0-FBA9FB53BEFA}" name ="WMP_plugin" text="1" transparent="#000000" height="20" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT">

<background b-border-width="0">

</plugin>

text - can be whatever you want to display (even empty)

icon (optional) - 0 = no icon, 1 = standard icon, absolute path to a bitmap

transparent (optional) - the transparency colour of the icon

New style:

<plugin clsid="{22CF74AC-E022-4c2d-BCE0-FBA9FB53BEFA}" ctrlcolour="#2554B0" name ="WMP_plugin" maingfx="media_remote.bmp" selgfx="media_remote_sel.bmp" ctrloffset="80" transparent="#ccccff" height="20" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT">

<background b-border-width="0"/>

</plugin>

The graphics paths need to be from the application data dir

Dave Lee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great ;) but will it support smartphone 2003 ?? Where should I put the plugins? thanks

Sorry if I'm a bit disturbing but I got this smartphone last 2 weeks ago :oops:

never tried using a smartphone before. lol

Guest tomthegeek

I was playing around with this tonight and I think its actually working on my SMT 5600 w/WM player 10. Just make sure you start media player BEFORE you try using the hoemscreen plugin. If its not running it will give the error "'MSWMPLAYER' cannot be found." Also I downloaded the CAB file with the least # of downloads (I assume that would be the newest). It would be nice if it didn't find MSWMPlayer it would just launch it or at least give a better error message, it locked up my phone the first time I tried it.

Guest rperalta
I was playing around with this tonight and I think its actually working on my SMT 5600 w/WM player 10. Just make sure you start media player BEFORE you try using the hoemscreen plugin. If its not running it will give the error "'MSWMPLAYER' cannot be found." Also I downloaded the CAB file with the least # of downloads (I assume that would be the newest). It would be nice if it didn't find MSWMPlayer it would just launch it or at least give a better error message, it locked up my phone the first time I tried it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great!

The top MP Home.CAB (22.47k) has the newest date out of the three.

Double click the CAB file, select open, under Modified column it tells you the date.

Robert

Guest tomthegeek

Your right, the top MP Home.CAB (22.47k) is the newest, it also has the "new" look to it (The one without any text). I just verified that the newest one works in 2003 w/WMP 10 as long as its already running just like the old version.

What is the WMP executable called in 2002? In 2003 its called WMPlayer.exe. If its called MSWMPlayer.exe in 2002 then this might be fixable just by creating a shortcut or perhaps a reg hack.

Guest Raven Nephilim

OK this is a plea for help... I have just updated my SPV C500 to the new French Orange ROM. I now have Media Player 10 on my phone (WOW!!!!. Ed) I can't get the plugin in to work now. I get the MSWMPlayer file can't be found message, but it wont even work when Media Player is running.... Can anyone tell me how to get the plugin to work? :cry: I can't do without it. :x

Edited by Raven Nephilim

Guest extravagant
true, but you don't need all pug-ins on single page, this might be a very good reason to use a multi-screen home page with a single screen dedicated to funky pulg-ins like this!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do u know of a porgram that allows for multi screens? thx

Guest extravagant
OK this is a plea for help... I have just updated my SPV C500 to the new French Orange ROM. I now have Media Player 10 on my phone (WOW!!!!. Ed) I can't get the plugin in to work now. I get the MSWMPlayer file can't be found message, but it wont even work when Media Player is running.... Can anyone tell me how to get the plugin to work? :cry:  I can't do without it.  :x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, I had trouble with that with my SMT 5600 WMP10, I thought it was just my problem so I deleted it.. If someone can please make it easy on us, and if theres a fix please upload the file with the xml code so we can use it on other homescreens. to my understanding, the plugin is the dll file, which directory is it suppose to go in? thx

Guest orangewinger

Anyone who's still using this or wants to with Media Player 10 will find it doesn't work, well I've lost the source code and so I can't fix it, but there may be a workaround.

In the registry create the following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSWMPLAYER]

and copy all the values from the :WMPLAYER key, as this is how it starts media player and MS like to change the name of things. Although It may not work as I expect the media player has different key presses.

Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Dave

Guest Flex
Anyone who's still using this or wants to with Media Player 10 will find it doesn't work, well I've lost the source code and so I can't fix it, but there may be a workaround.

and copy all the values from the :WMPLAYER key, as this is how it starts media player and MS like to change the name of things. Although It may not work as I expect the media player has different key presses.

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't work for me :D It stops the message coming up, but the key presses are different... Bum.

Flex ;)

Guest Raven Nephilim

Oh phooey! Well another great plugin bites the dust. Anyone working on a way of getting the track info to stream on the main screen? Now that would be wow ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest colincliff

Here's my workaround to allow this application to work in media player 10.

Simply put a shortcut to media player 10 in the startup folder on the handset and each time you turn on the phone the player will atart automatically.

Makes the start up time slightly longer but its ridiculously long anyway!!

Works for me but i dont turn my phone off that much

Guest bnycastro

hi can someone work on a SP2003se and WMP10 compatible version? maybe after this someone can make a WM2003se and WMP10 version as well (I also own a PPC-PE) hehehe well goodluck to whoever takes up this project. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest foxtome

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:roll:

no works!!! :exclaim: :x

pls do new ver for mdplay10 !!! ths

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GingerNinja.net

OK - I think that the message is clear - this plug-in ONLY works for Media Player 9 and not 10 which is the version on the new ROM update and with the C550 (not that this is an issue as the C550 has dedicated media buttons!).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest drellmsu

Yes but what about those of us that have WMPlayer 10 on an SMT5600. I for one would love for it to work. If anyone can find the source code anywhere for it, there's a good chance I could come up with a workaround for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest simon qian
Yea, I had trouble with that with my SMT 5600 WMP10, I thought it was just my problem so I deleted it.. If someone can please make it easy on us, and if theres a fix please upload the file with the xml code so we can use it on other homescreens. to my understanding, the plugin is the dll file, which directory is it suppose to go in? thx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing works..

• 2 months later...

Hmmm, could one make a shortcut called MSWMPlayer.exe that points to WMPlayer? I am trying to get this working for the icandy homescreen on a WMP10 C500. I will give it a try tomorrow.

Guest Jamma14

Think MSWMPlayer is the name of the program's window that the plugin needs to find to be able to control it, so since it has changed with WMP10, and orangewinger has lost his source, there isn't much hope for getting it working.

By all means give it a try anyway though, I'm sure many people would be really pleased if you managed to get it working..just don't hold your breath! :)

Guest vimafeje

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please...... by mistake i have deleted the value 1 on:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:WMPLAYER]

can anyone give-me what is on it? please.....