Updated 17/11: Paul's E200 Review

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest www.msmobiles.com
"]the device itself exposes the DUN BlueTooth profile, allowing you to connect to the internet from other devices via the phone. BlueTooth ActiveSync is of course supported.

Question: is it possible to use DUN from E200 in this way that E200 is not exposing but using DUN of other cell phone? For example: I have a USB Bluetooth dongle that exposes DUN so that devices can connect to it and use Internet of the PC (without ActiveSync). Example 2: I have Sony Ericsson phone with Bluetooth that exposes DUN and I would like to connect to Internet over this Sony Ericsson phone (with the other SIM card, not the one that is inside of E200).

MS Smartphone as of now supports no Wi-Fi and passthrough in ActiveSync is not good enough (you don't get separate IP address then for smartphone), therefore I would need it - such feature as describe above - very much.

Any ideas?

WOW, that ringtone rules!

Indeed! ... long live sonic the hedgehog :wink: ... and a great review Paul :lol:

BTW: How well does the NES/SNES/GBC emulators perform on it?

Guest Pagemakers

Paul in a previous posting I thought you said using BT you could connect to your PC and use its broadband connection to connect to the net with your phone.

You can do that cant you?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

A colleague pointed out the review of the E200. Very detailed.

I noticed one inaccuracy - the point about the hardkey only starting the camera and not the voice recorder...

If you long press on the key you should find that it does load the voice recorder. The intention was to add functionality without disabling already useful features - namely voice recording.

Cheers,

Dom.

Guest Pagemakers

Paul on the Orange home screen will the alarm status show the alarm time when an alarm is set or does it just say "on". If you click the alarm time does it open the alarm program or is it just a display?

What on earth are those icons next to the web links on the home screen? They look like medieval helmets!

Guest statscat

LOL

medieval helmets.......

you will be able to remove them at a guess by taking the icon="" argument out of the xml, so panic not (well hopefully htey made that improvement or another similar one ......... or maybe there is a better icon)

Do appointments show on the homescreen, is it the normal one (although I guess its not as I don't think you can hide that plugin ...... maybe Orange were nice and made it hideable ............. you know u want to try it).

Also any more details on the dynamic spacer that sounds really cool and innovative, allowing autoheight plugins to pop in and out whilst keeping things in place, no more jumping homescreens !!!!!!!! I so can't wait to see what midnight is going to come up with when he gets to grips with this new plugin. (or is it plugins .....)

Guest merydian

Hi there!

What about the MSN Messenger issue? in a previous review, Paul, you stated it works fine, but in some oether reviews I've read about the problem of the new protocol used by messenger, which is something that, according to microsoft, should be fixed by the manifacturers.

What's true? Should I believe HTC's already fixed that ?

regards,

/Diego

Guest midnight
I so can't wait to see what midnight is going to come up with when he gets to grips with this new plugin. (or is it plugins .....)

i've already looked at the xml for this plugin and it does seem pretty neat, if it can do what i want it to do then it will change the way we think about homescreens :lol: (now i just need to get my hands on an e200)

Guest Paul [MVP]
Paul in a previous posting I thought you said using BT you could connect to your PC and use its broadband connection to connect to the net with your phone.

You can do that cant you?

Yes, using BlueTooth Activesync and Pass-Through.

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
Paul on the Orange http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen will the alarm status show the alarm time when an alarm is set or does it just say "on". If you click the alarm time does it open the alarm program or is it just a display?

What on earth are those icons next to the web links on the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen? They look like medieval helmets!

It shows the time.

The icons are little globes and road-sign type things...

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
Hi there!

What about the MSN Messenger issue? in a previous review, Paul, you stated it works fine, but in some oether reviews I've read about the problem of the new protocol used by messenger, which is something that, according to microsoft, should be fixed by the manifacturers.

What's true? Should I believe HTC's already fixed that ?

regards,

/Diego

Don't know anything about that, but is seems to work perfectly?

P

Guest stu_lowe2003

Hey Paul

Love that Sonic ringtone, sounds excellent.

Was a kind of coincidence you mentioned Sonic, as i was playing sonic at that very moment. See below:

sonic.jpg

Stu

Paul -> Thanks for the great review! 8)

I have ordered the new SPV E200 with Orange contract here in Denmark, and can't wait to receive it later this week.

I am very pleased to hear about all the added software already installed. I have actually downloaded most of the freeware that I could find for the SPV, yet after your review see no real reason to rush out and install a lot of 'not so good' 3rd party software.

But I would like to ask (as an SPV newbee :wink: )... what software would you recommend installing additionally?

I think I may (also) install some sort of divx player, since I love the fact I would be able to play some of my dvd material. Very cool!

Thanks again...

Cheers,

Gnuig

Guest www.msmobiles.com
But I would like to ask (as an SPV newbee  :wink:  )... what software would you recommend installing additionally?

Gnuig

Mobipocket reader ! It's MY favorite .

After all having 21st century doesn't mean we should stop reading books!

Guest Goutetsuu

hi Paul,you said the phone had fullmidi support, does that mean the quality is better?

If so, how does it compare to Nokia (poor quality ringer sound), Samsungs (good) and SE T610(very good) phones?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.