E200 Available NOW - Good News & Bad!

Guest Pagemakers

Guest jtsaint

Orange just told me

" Why ai man there still testing em, thems arent out yet "

I am going to get one from a store anyway since its going to be so much less hassle. So many time over the last few years the "customer care" team have messed up my upgrades - sending phones to random people and claiming its my fault, sending me two phones ( again alledgedly my fault), sending the wrong phone, chargilng me twice .....

Guest Pagemakers
Orange just told me

" Why ai man there still testing em,  thems arent out yet "

Tell him to read his notes properely, they ARE available via Orange telesales and upgrades.

Bloody Geordies :?

bloody hell... you guys got money to burn or what!

just spent loads on a ski holiday and a new digital video camera so i am broke :lol:

got to wait till jan..

Posted from my SmartPhone!bloody hell... you guys got money to burn or what!

just spent loads on a ski holiday and a new digital video camera so i am broke ;)

got to wait till jan..

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest rhaleuk

For something that I will use EVERY SINGLE DAY for the next year, that includes an MP3 player, camera, video recorder, voice recorder, email, calendar, games machine and SO MUCH MORE - I dont consider £199.99 too much money no. I dont consider it cheap, but I can easily justify it. And trust me, I dont earn a whole lot!

your right its not alot but the stress mine goes through!

for instance.. last friday walking home i droped my phone kicked it against the wall and the battery popped out then i proceede to stand on the back of the phone and crush all the battery connections! took me an hour to fix whith a mega hangover in the morning...

thats why i say alot.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest FrankyG

just got my hands on one, at a Glasgow Orange shop. I won't post anything about the phone as Paul has covered it in another thread, except that camera refresh rate is much better, and it's nice and zippy :lol: Still not convinced that it's a good looking phone though :? If only I wasn't so influenced by aesthetics :roll:

Guest spark-x

I don't suppose its possible to transfer your orange number from an old contract to a new one is it? I guess the only way to do this would be to transfer it to another network (pay as you go) then transfer it back... but this would take weeks or months if they delay the transfer as much as they used it.

Also, with Orange it always seems their shops outside London get these new handsets first, or maybe they just always sell out before i can get to the shop... The shop closest to my work is on Oxford Street, one you would expect them to keep well stocked with their latest technology (to act as a showcase)

sx

Guest spark-x

rhaleuk - sounds like you use it for lots of tasks (MP3 player, camera, video recorder, voice recorder, email, calendar, games machine) ... do you find the battery lasts 24hours if you do all this on it?

sx

Guest rhaleuk
rhaleuk - sounds like you use it for lots of tasks (MP3 player, camera, video recorder, voice recorder, email, calendar, games machine) ... do you find the battery lasts 24hours if you do all this on it?

sx

The original SPV did last enough for me. But charging every night isnt an issue for me. I dont have the E200 in my hands yet, but apparently battery life is better than the current public SPV build thats available so Im not moaning about battery life.

YAY! I got my SPV e200! BUT THERE IS A DEAD PIXEL! Nice and bright blue and u can't just ignore it, its right in your face! :lol: Why oh Why?

;) :( :) :) :(

Anyone notice a orangey/yellow tinge to the bottom of the screen?

when the display is on there are bands of yellow and orange from the bottom to about 1/5th the way up the screen?

It seems that the fps on the camera is much higher in natural light than in indoor lighting. (well thats what i've seen so far)

Guest Croccy22

I would take it back to the shop. if they won't replace it then just cancel the contract which you should have 14days to do.

I know it is only one pixel but you are gonna see that everytime you look at your phone for the next year.

I work for Orange so i don't think they are gonna argue with me over the dead pixel. This e200 is definitely going back to my store!

Man I was looking forward to this day for AGEEEEEEES, and its ruined cos of a crappy screen! :lol:

@Jason8 , i have the orangey yellowy tinge on my E100 screen, and a few other people have also, doesn't really bother me anymore tho :lol: , i'm hoping that when i get an E200 i will get lucky and have a perfect screen ;)