E200 - T9 Text bug is not fixed!

Guest Pagemakers

Guest spacecowboy6982

But that shouldnt be. Im beginning to wonder whether ive done the right thing in unlocking my phone at this moment in time :? Afterall, the OTA website says "Click here to unlock your SPV/E100." And not E-200.

spacecowboy

Guest cybercamel

I haven't unlocked my phone and I lost my T9 words today, got the phone on Friday. The only thing I can think of is that for the first time my battery went below 2 bars before recharging! It seemed to be after that!

Guest seaflipper
"]It'll be interesting to see if this is fixed on the MPx200!

It seems to work on my MPx200, no t9 loss yet. I just checked and I have added several words to my dictionary and have changed the battery at least twice (swapped it out totally 2x) since I entered some of those words. I don't have an unlocked phone, using the AT&T phone in US.

Guest Pagemakers

Funny thing is the T9 word are supposed to be stored in a file called StorageApplication DataSystemmst9.udb

In that file I have about 20 words, yet only 2 of them work.

Figure that one out :lol:

Guest Pagemakers

Just composed an email and used one of my saved T9 words.

5 minutes later, I started to compose another email and my T9 words have all gone again.

In between the T9 words being there and going missing I was not even using my phone! It has not been turned off, nor was I installing software or playing games. It was just sitting beside me.

Guest seaflipper
Just composed an email and used one of my saved T9 words.

5 minutes later, I started to compose another email and my T9 words have all gone again.

In between the T9 words being there and going missing I was not even using my phone!  It has not been turned off, nor was I installing software or playing games.  It was just sitting beside me.

Are you able to enter a new word into T9 and then in the same email use the word again that you just entered? I guess trying to figure out if the word is being saved at all in the T9 dictionary.

Guest Pagemakers

Yes I can save the words correctly. I can use them again and again and again in SMS and MMS and Email. Then out of the blue ALL of the words vanish. I don't even have to turn my phone off and on for them to disappear.

Guest seaflipper
I don't even have to turn my phone off and on for them to disappear.

Personally, I would take the phone back and try another. It seems like you might have a bad phone. Considering that this seems to be such an inconsistent problem with the E200, I wonder if that had a batch of phones run with the wrong ROM on it? It does happen...

Guest seaflipper

I have the MPx200 and I don't have the problem (so far) :?

It just seems very strange, and it sounds like yours is getting worse!

Didn't you mention before that you unlocked your phone via the Orange DEV site? Did your mate unlock his phone, too?

the t9 in the 1.7 ROM of Smart Philippines for the Tanager works fine so far. the t9 entries don't disappear anymore when the phone is turned off, and they're still there when you turn it back on.

The Voyager was supposed to be released here in the philippines this month but it seems to have been postponed till early next year probably to fix the bugs you guys have noticed with the E200 variant.

Guest Pagemakers

This is my second phone. The first one was replaced because it kept loosing all my saved T9 words.

I have not unlocked this phone and I was just about to write to this forum to say how pleased I was that my words are now saved correctly.

One minute ago I sent a text message and my saved words were there.

As I write this my saved words have gone again.

I have not turned my phone off or done anything.

Totally useless.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest seaflipper
This is my second phone. The first one was replaced because it kept loosing all my saved T9 words.

I have not unlocked this phone and I was just about to write to this forum to say how pleased I was that my words are now saved correctly.

One minute ago I sent a text message and my saved words were there.

As I write this my saved words have gone again.

I have not turned my phone off or done anything.

Totally useless.  

That SUCKS. Don't kill me for saying this, but this time when you exchange your phone, go to a different Orange shop, one miles and miles away....maybe your store got a bad batch...

Seriously though, that really really sucks. Have you called Orange yet? They are going to have to figure out this bug and get it fixed, it makes the text entry a worthless fantasy without.

• 1 month later...

The StartUp folder Just got me thinking... Isn't it possible that any of the startup processes contains this "clean-up" procedure in the background (that is not only during restart but also meanwhile? This would explain the accidental loss of T9 words while not thouching the phone at all..........

Experts...?