E200 what SD card? Toshiba incompatable?

Guest AdrianFRST

Guest g_lined
looks like Viking are going to replace my card woohoo o/
I've just sent mine off today! I sure hope the new one works! Nice of them to offer an exchange.

but now it looks like I might not even keep my spv e200 :lol:

How come?? What's wrong?

Guest beckett1

just to name a few probs with my spv:

bad quality call quality, including buzzing

unable to receive call, many people have said they tried to call we I deffo had my phone on.

Crap battery life, needs to be charged EVERY night, even tho I never used it 1 day!

I will decide this weekend if I will keep it or not. But if these bugs take as long at my old SPV did a being resolved (over a year and still waiting for 1.6) I don't think i can last with this phone buts whats my alternative?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest g_lined

I've just sent mine off today! I sure hope the new one works! Nice of them to offer an exchange.

Well they swapped it! I got my Viking 128Meg SD back today. It works fine - straight off!

They sent me a single cell SD card...it seems that's the trick! The one I bought originally was a multi-cell one.

If you have a Viking card and it doesn't work email viking support, they will exchange it free of charge. They're quick and efficent also!

I'm very excited to finally have an mp3 player! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beckett1

How come?? What's wrong?

Any news on your replacment card? I haven't heard anything about mine yet

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com
Are these good prices:

64MB Panasonic SD Card for just over £20 and

128MB Panasonic SD Card for £40-and-a-bit?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I do need a reply as soon as possible please.

:)

• 3 months later...
Guest Cybertronic

SanDisk Ultra II 256MB working fine here :D

Got it off ebay as shops in the UK sell it for very expensive as it's the fastest SD card around! 8)

Guest pd.ryder

I wish I knew how to find and post a link to the post I submitted a while ago. I had exactly the same problems with Viking 128MB SD. Worked for ages in my E100 but failed completely in the "better" E200! Sold it to a mate with an E200 - works fine, both 200's are not "updated" with that glorious upgrade from Orange. There was a poll done re SD card compatability at that time, anyone got access to the results? I'm in the market for a 256MB card and obviously don't want to waste time / money with a duff 'un.

There are a couple of comments in this thread about MP3's - do you mean WMA's or will the E200's Windows Media Player support MP3 now?

Guest Lingerhosen

Had the same Viking problem, the damn thing wouldn't even fit properly! Got a speedy refund from 7dayshop.com (good lads!) and have just received a Transcend 256Mb 45X speed for £47 from Offtek (Within about 48 hours as well, cripes!!).

According to their website, they only use the single layer cell cards, not multi-layer. Not sure if this applies to their bottom of the range cards, but definitely to the 45X and 65X speed versions. All the other websites I sent e-mails to didn't reply and didn't say what kind of card they used in the tech specs.

Fits snug as a bug and as yet, working a treat in my E200! :D

I believe the Sandisk Ultra II cards are a similar deal, but cost more than the Transcend 45X as they are the same speed as the 60X version, (which I'm guessing is of not much use to us anyway using USB1.1!). Their bottom of the range cards can be EITHER SLC or MLC, which is why they work for lots of people but not at all for others! Not worth the gamble if you ak me if you have to spend money sending them back to get a good one...

Definitely recommend both Offtek and Transcend thus far...

*crosses fingers*

Guest Lingerhosen

I ordered it from www.offtek.co.uk and like I say, it was very speedy, but I couldn't tell you if their customer service was up to scratch as I haven't had to use it! It has a compatability matcher on the site that said the basic Sandisk would work in the e200, but I'm sure that's not always the case, though I believe they do guarantee compatibility if they suggest it? Not sure who would pay the return postage though...

I took a gamble with the Transcend card because logic told me it should work as it was a SLC. (Be warned though, I did see a couple of posts about SLC cards that DIDN'T work, one of them being a 512mb Integral and one a Sandisk ultra, but I don't know if these were rectifiable by formatting the cards...). Plus the website info. looked promising!

www.transcendusa.com

All a bl**dy palaver though, considering you don't see other SD card device users faffing about which card to buy! Good old Orange/HTC!

Sigh...