Orange scupper Smartphone gamers with the E200

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest police_chief_wiggum
[The orange site still says coming soon to PM and doesnt offer it as an upgrade phone. I quite like the look of the treo.... I really must wait to actually try the SPV myself when i get home tonight first...

jon

It says comming soon to PAYG on the website, the P900 has been out for a few weeks

Guest MARKUKCOUK

midnight / paul , i know this is off topic (but will be back on in a minute), but the annoying distorting speaker in calls is really annoying - will this be fixed or is it a hardwar issue.

as for the joystick - its an outrage. it wont affect me i dont think as much as some - but as has been said - its a step back. and thats wrong!

Guest midnight
Alternative smartphone with diagonals, bluetooth and camera :lol:

I would imagine it's quite a bit more than an spv e200 though?

p900 has no diagonals, it doesnt have a joystick, and touch screen arcade games are really nasty, not natural at all ;)

Guest morpheus2702

Midnight, even with the workaround you are talking about, its a hell of a compromise, is it not?

Will the E200 be your mobile gaming machine of preference now?

Coo, so it is. No diagonals. Just like an E200 then ;)

What about the Treo 600? Hmm.. Screen colours..

Roll on the Mpx220 or suchlike - something backed by a decent manufacturer :lol:

Guest midnight

i agree, its a workaround, but nothing more we can do about it until O or HTC or whoever is responsible fixes the problem, it is just an alternative control method, so you can still use the joystick/joypad if you like :lol:

gaming machine of preference? for me probably the original spv, my e100 has a dodgy joystick aswell, hard, but not impossible, to get diagonals working, whereas my spv is even older, but works great for all directions ;)

not tried the mpx200 or mitac so couldnt comment on those. Its a shame, cos the e200 is a real improvement over the e100 in regards to feel and quality, but the loss of 8 way is disheartening for us as a games company (our major unique feature was to be bluetooth multiplayer, and the controls will suffer, the only good point is that currently it would be e200 vs e200 so both have the same controls :(

Guest toadvox

I think were just discussing the available alternatives to the E200. At the end of the day O, HTC and Mircosoft had the chance to get it right... especially with the experiences from the SPV and the E100, but they still havent managed to do it. I think it's going to be a big blow for the Microsoft Smart Phone platform as a whole. I dont really want to look at other devices and operating systems seeing as I love the thought of having Windows on my mobile, but why do I want to stick with a product thats not been thought out properly again, is a step backwards really and when you look at all the hassle of the SPV with updates etc. and the possibility of it happening all over again, it just makes you want to look at the other options out there!

Guest www.msmobiles.com
"]In addition, development of the eagerly anticipated fighter 'Kumite' has been indefinitely postponed for the E200 device, with development continuing only for other handsets, ending hopes of Bluetooth multiplayer on the Smartphone platform.

haba haba haba, and when I said once that Kumite is a vaporware because no trial version is available but just a bunch of pictures, then nobody believed me and I was scorned! And now see who was right!!! Ha!

BTW: what other handsets do you mean???

Guest Paul [MVP]

How does that make you right JPZR?

It won't be available with E200 enhanced features, but it will still be available.

So, you were wrong (as previously unanimously agreed).

P

PS I have seen a running version - are trial versions normally made of games that aren't released yet?

haba haba haba, and when I said once that Kumite is a vaporware because no trial version is available but just a bunch of pictures, then nobody believed me and I was scorned! And now see who was right!!! Ha!

Dude, do you purposely attempt to get your ass kicked by anyone and everyone as often as possible?

That comment was out of order, read the damn line you quoted - it says "for the E200". And stop being so bloomin' arrogant.

Guest www.msmobiles.com
"]How does that make you right JPZR?

It won't be available with E200 enhanced features, but it will still be available.

So, you were wrong (as previously unanimously agreed).

P

PS I have seen a running version - are trial versions normally made of games that aren't released yet?

if somebode writes "indefinitely postponed for the E200 device" so then it means that it is postponed FOR EVER (indefinitely). I also asked: what headsets ? And got no answer ! Could you please be clear about things?

Yes, I have seen trial versions of games not released - from AIM.

If somebode writes "indefinitely postponed for the E200 device" so then it means that it is postponed FOR EVER (indefinitely).  I also asked: what headsets ? And got no answer ! Could you please be clear about things?
"Indefinitely postponed" means it has been postponed with no precise limit.

Indefinite doesn't mean forever :roll:

By other handsets it means everything except the E200, duh..

I also asked: what headsets ? And got no answer ! Could you please be clear about things?

Hold on a minute... :roll:

Guest www.msmobiles.com
jpzr, go to another forum if you are gonna talk boll*cks

kumite is still being made you t*t

midnight, I don't know where you unpolite behaviour comes from?

there will be no bluetooth-enabled kumite - as it was advertise by you.

therefore I was right that it is vaporware.

Guest midnight

its still being made for all other windows mobile handsets, its delayed on e200 simply because of the 8 way directional bug that we found out today, this game IS being made it ISNT vapourware, why do you not beleive me, muff, paul, richieM or anyone else who's played the game?

As for AIM demos, those are demos of completed games, Kumite is incomplete, hence no demo, that does not make it vapourware

is it only real if YOU play the game? i dont think so, so, no, you are not correct, the game does exist, now go away or i will taunt you a second time-a

seriously, if i need a hole digging i'll contact you

Guest midnight

midnight, I don't know where you unpolite behaviour comes from?

there will be no bluetooth-enabled kumite - as it was advertise by you.

therefore I was right that it is vaporware.

you are accusing a game being made by myself as vapourware, i've argued with you on IRC about this before, vapourware means something that doesnt exist and will never be released, this is not true, so, because we have argued this before, your post can only be construed as a direct attack against me and our software company

back on subject...

very sad to hear about the joystick. :? :roll: i have been weighing up e200 next to the moto and had just about decided to go for the e200 due to the new operating system and the .NET support. seeing Kumite was going to be extra good on the e200 it struck me that getting a moto would be shooting myself in the foot as clearly there would be a trend towards developing for 2003/.NET. i didnt want a new phone that i couldnt use the new software with, but this latest revelation means that even though the e200 has a better operating system and software support it will probably fall behind the older Smartphone 2002 phones when it comes to software development, due to a HUGE hardware f**k up.

very disappointed in HTC. and orange. how could they release a phone with software on it that it couldnt use.... :? :evil:

Guest www.msmobiles.com
its still being made for all other windows mobile handsets, its delayed on e200 simply because of the 8 way directional bug that we found out today, this game IS being made it ISNT vapourware, why do you not beleive me, muff, paul, richieM or anyone else who's played the game?

Bluetooth enabled gaming will not be possible with Kumite? So "bluetooth enabled game with nice graphics" - is a vaporware. It will not be released.

Guest midnight

Bluetooth enabled gaming will not be possible with Kumite? So "bluetooth enabled game with nice graphics" - is a vaporware. It will not be released.

but you said the game is vapourware, that simply isnt true, it will still be made available in its current form for all other smartphone devices, and the e200 is only on hold until we hear from O/HTC about the current state of the e200 joystick, if its a fault with the current shipped E200's, and will be fixed, then no problems, if the E200 will all be like this and it will remain then we WILL create an alternative play method (already mentioned)

And why is it that you ruin every topic you open your big mouth in?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but there is really no need to be pedantic and flame people over this.

I, and I would guess a lot of other people on this board, couldn't care less whether or not you were right - the postponing is for reasons beyond midnight's control, and there really is no point sitting here crying over an issue which isn't actually that important.

The topic's called "Orange scupper Smartphone gamers with the E200" - not "JPZR was right".

Paul / Midnight - I guess you've already been on to Orange/HTC/MS about this... do they usually respond fairly quick or is it likely to be weeks before we hear anything?

Amazing how something seemingly so small has such a massive impact (would never have even considered the possibility of the Joystick not working until a read the initial post - and when I saw it I thought someone must be having a laugh).

Cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.