Orange scupper Smartphone gamers with the E200

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest www.msmobiles.com
I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but there is really no need to be pedantic and flame people over this.

flame? I considered the bluetooth gaming the most important feature of Kumite - without this feature this game is nothing special. I think that even with worse graphics it is worth to release it for bluetooth , even at cost of worse graphics!!!

other than that: OK, I shut up.

Guest midnight

i would think they'll be pretty quick to react about this cos it could affect e200 sales. Mr Orange is in Taiwan visiting HTC as we speak, and i beleive he has been notified of the problem, so maybe expect a reply tomorrow :lol:

Guest midnight

flame? I considered the bluetooth gaming the most important feature of Kumite - without this feature this game is nothing special. I think that even with worse graphics it is worth to release it for bluetooth , even at cost of worse graphics!!!

other than that: OK, I shut up.

I consider the fact that its a high quality beat em up on the smartphone platform as its most important feature, you are blinded by bluetooth technology, the one player game will be fun aswell you know, can you see a better beat em up on the smartphone?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
you are blinded by bluetooth technology

that's true (I even use Bluetooth perepherials for computer - bluetooth mouse, bluetooth keyboard)... but it's not only me: bluetooth gaming is underlined as important feature in n-gage for a reason.

Guest police_chief_wiggum
that's true (I even use Bluetooth perepherials for computer - bluetooth mouse, bluetooth keyboard)... but it's not only me: bluetooth gaming is underlined as important feature in n-gage for a reason.

the reason the N-Gage uses Bluetooth as it ONLY selling point is because it is the ONLY feature it has to put it over standard mobiles, why dont you stick to the topic and stop banging on about bluetooth

Guest markhammill

Has anyone also realised a mutiple button press with the MPX200.

It may have already been discused.

I have just tried setting up Motocross using the wheel for accelerate and brake but it dosen't allow multiple button presses unlike the SPV which worked fine using the volume switch.

Guest Maverick

Hmm.. For Bluetooth gaming, u need 2 people. Does that mean you found a mate with an E200 who is willing to play a game with u? Mr msmobiles :shock: :twisted:

Guest beersoft

haven't we wandered alittle off topic ms mobiles?

the 'problem' we are descussing is the 'issue' with the E200 joysick, not the "boo hoo, midnight is making a game, and he wont give me a free copy, so im going to say its crap"

sh*t, some people have a gift for design, some don't. i haven't, and from looking at your website you haven't, so shut up or put up.

later

Owen

"you, outside now!"

Just to pull it back on topic for a second (Sorry!), is it worth me buying Pocket Mini Golf or does it need 8 way? (link

Just unboxed my spv and it's on it's first (longest) charge, cant wait to have a play.

jon

I think i got a bit caught up in the hype of this thread (and added it to myself).

I've just reminded myself i bought the spv to have a fully compatible device with my outlook mail, tasks, calendar, notes etc, take photos, start developing VC++ apps for it and have a phone that reflects me with the custom homescreen. Now i'm thinking of going over to a treo because i cant play games i dont know i want yet. Crazy. Lets not forget orange have never hidden the fact the spv is the business offering and while games are important to us, a joystick that makes it easier for multimillion pound corporations to implement the phone would surely win over a handful of gamers (that said it MUST have been an oversight, an 8 way stick would add no cost at all).

My 2 cents anyway.

jon

Guest shadamehr

Mmmm - I struggled a bit to follow through this thread to its natural conclusion, due to a certain individual and his concerns sidetracking it a bit...

Now that I have done, and with my new e200 arriving tomorrow morning (finally I break from Nokias, after all but my first mobile coming from Satan Nokia), can I ask the mods to report back to us poor souls hoping for some good news over this...?

BTW, welcome everyone, as I'm a newbie, in a very enlightening forum...

Cheers all!

I think i got a bit caught up in the hype of this thread (and added it to myself).

I've just reminded myself i bought the spv to have a fully compatible device with my outlook mail, tasks, calendar, notes etc, take photos, start developing VC++ apps for it and have a phone that reflects me with the custom http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen. Now i'm thinking of going over to a treo because i cant play games i dont know i want yet.  Crazy. Lets not forget orange have never hidden the fact the spv is the business offering and while games are important to us, a joystick that makes it easier for multimillion pound corporations to implement the phone would surely win over a handful of gamers (that said it MUST have been an oversight, an 8 way stick would add no cost at all).

My 2 cents anyway.

jon

but it is hugely important for those of us who want to make the best games possible for the phones :lol:

Guest unclelimey

but it is hugely important for those of us who want to make the best games possible for the phones :lol:

i dont think galaxians will be affected muff :wink:

when is it coming out by the way ?

Guest pmckean

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but this isn't the first time that HTC has tripped up this way (and I really think you need to aim your vitriol at them and not Orange).

The original Compaq iPAQ - an HTC design, was hobbled in the same way. Admittedly, this didn't exactly stop it from selling by the bucketload or prevent developers from porting every available piece of software to the platform (which used a different CPU from other Pocket PCs). It did cause a ton of flak, though, and I'm sure Compaq had a word.

Surprised to see old mistakes rear their ugly head once again.

Have we established beyond a doubt that it's a hardware issue? I'm crossing my fingers for it being a software problem!

Guest midnight

and let us not forget all other smartphone devices (developer compal red E excluded) have 8 way joysticks/joypads. so the e200 can be seen as a backwards step in that way

Guest stu_lowe2003
Have we established beyond a doubt that it's a hardware issue? I'm crossing my fingers for it being a software problem!

Other Wm2003 devices apparently work fine, so might well be hardware.

Stu

i dont think galaxians will be affected muff  :wink: 

when is it coming out by the way?

:lol:

as I've said before, Galaxians is on the long list I have (and work was quickly started), but I think most people would prefer the new games I'm making with midnight (like Kumite for example) to come first

it's not forgotten, just on the back burner

Guest statscat

if there was a reference in the MS specs to the joystick, the phone would have failed the "microsoft approval" bit and so process etc would begin again (in theory)

perhaps MS need to be more clear about this ?

Guest donniebrasco

I've only had my SPV (classic) since may and had just enquired about an upgrade to the E200 until this little anomily cropped up.

I use the phone for email, net and music mostly but games is still a biggy for me. Started playing the Scumm games and couldn't cope with 4-way on those.

Thinking again about the upgrade now as my cotract still has six months. Any news on any other faults with the E200 - the headset one is my reason to hate the SPV classic at the moment. :oops:

Can this be fixed (with either a software or hardware update)???

How can anyone not catch this before release?

Still a lot of good things can be said about the phone... but with battery issues and now this HTC seem to not have done a good job on the hardware?!

Maybe I'll try to go for the (HTC) 2020 ... since this seems type of phone is more up their alley?!

Wondering...

Guest markd66

I'd be prepared to bet that, under the surface, the keypad & joystick are identical to the E100 and this is just some sort of driver QA problem - hence something that could possibly be fixed via Orange Update?

So, should be sorted by November 2004 then :roll:

Cheers, Mark.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.