Change the external LCD logo

Guest UKMadBeef

Anybody know why this wouldn't work on a mpx220? Can't seem to get it after reading all your posts...

have you created the "Logopath" in the registry under:

Hkey_Current_user > ControlPanel > ExternalLCD and put in the right path of the logo you wish to appear?

Yes ronny I have. Trust me, I've double checked everything. I made a "Logopath" string in "ExternalLCD" and put the correct path as "StorageMy DocumentsExtLCDlegs.bmp" That's correct isn't it?

Yes ronny I have. Trust me, I've double checked everything. I made a "Logopath" string in "ExternalLCD" and put the correct path as "StorageMy DocumentsExtLCDlegs.bmp" That's correct isn't it?

yes thats correct, hmmm, wonder whats wrong? have you restarted your phone after you made the registry string?

have you tried other logos? maybe your logo is not the right file format? or maybe try to put the logo in other folders like windows and point the registry path in that location. no harm trying ^_^

Ronny, please believe me this time. I've tried everything like that. No dice. I need an idea for a different way to change the reg.

then i guess i have to find someone who has a MPX220. ^_^

Guest bigfootpete

I'm having trouble just trying to load up the registry editor - got it from the phm site, once I load it - it says "not a valid WinCE app" - so the website said to install the .cab file instead - there are 11 of them!

I clicked on the setup.exe which installs what it says is the cab file but still the same error message...

any ideas?

Guest awarner [MVP]

You need to get the smartphone version, what you are probably trying in the

ppc version.

As www.monolithix.org is down I believe www.airfagev.com has the correct file.

Guest awarner [MVP]

You need to get the smartphone version, what you are probably trying in the

ppc version.

As www.monolithix.org is down I believe www.airfagev.com has the correct file.

Guest bigfootpete

Ok, that worked but now I get the message 'not digitally signed certificate - etc' is there a way around this,

or do I need another version? I am on the original WM2002...

Guest awarner [MVP]

Yep you need to application unlock your phone.

Presumably you have an Orange MPX200, if so you need to click

on OTA for information on how to application unlock your phone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest onlydarksets
Anybody know why this wouldn't work on a mpx220? Can't seem to get it after reading all your posts...

I don't think you need to do any of this:

Start | Settings | Phone Settings | Ext. LCD Background image

However, I would like to know how to customize the Ext. Style LCD files. For example, I don't want picture caller ID on the outside - I just want the ENTIRE name to show up (when callers have the same last name I never know which one it is).

Does anyone know how to create custom "Style #" files, or, at least, where they are located?

Thanks!

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP ME!!!

FIRST OF ALL I'M AN ITALIAN GIRL SO I'M VERY SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.....

I'VE AN MPX200 AND I'D LIKE TO CHANGE MY EXTERNAL LCD SO THAT WITH THE PHMREGEDIT I GO IN HKEY_CURRENT_USERCONTROLPANELEXTERNAL LCD BUT I DON'T FIND "LOGOPATH", I'V GOT ONLY 2 VALUES: FLIPLOGO AND STYLE

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO??????

PLEASE COULD ANYBODY HELP ME?

THANKS A LOT

BYE

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP ME!!!

FIRST OF ALL I'M AN ITALIAN GIRL SO I'M VERY SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.....

I'VE AN MPX200 AND I'D LIKE TO CHANGE MY EXTERNAL LCD SO THAT WITH THE PHMREGEDIT I GO IN HKEY_CURRENT_USERCONTROLPANELEXTERNAL LCD BUT I DON'T FIND "LOGOPATH", I'V GOT ONLY 2 VALUES: FLIPLOGO AND STYLE

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO??????

PLEASE COULD ANYBODY HELP ME?

THANKS A LOT

BYE

got to HKEY_CURRENT_USERCONTROLPANELEXTERNAL LCD then press menu>new value>string then change the value name to "logopath" and value data pointing to where the logo is stored. cheers and also no caps lock pls. :wink:

thanks a lot ronnie and sorry for caps lock...

i've tried wuhat u told me but it doesn't work!!!!i put my logo in a folder on the mounted volume a folder called bit and i'v made all u told me but it doesn't work!!!

help me

thanks a lot ronnie and sorry for caps lock...

i've tried wuhat u told me but it doesn't work!!!!i put my logo in a folder on the mounted volume a folder called bit and i'v made all u told me but it doesn't work!!!

help me

try to put the logo in this folder: storagewindows_____.bmp and not in mounted volume. then point the value data to this folder.

Ex. Value data = storagewindowssample.bmp

cheers :wink: