e200 sync'ing via bluetooth

Guest congeuro

Guest skyrine
help. i've got my e200 paired with my laptop. the bluetooth dongle is a penblue 40m job. i've got the virtual serial port set to com 4, the activesync to com 4, local services to com 4 and client to com 5 as 4 isn't an option. the boxes are checked. i'm a technospaz, get me out of this cycle of changing settings please. :? i keep getting the following error message when i try to active sync from the phone "unable to connect, verify dial up or proxy settings are correct" any help much appreciated.

hi peeps.

just got my e200.

apart from the bluetooth it is fantastic 8)

i can not get the BT to work, same symptoms as bikespod.

i do not know if it is relevant, but i can not get DSU.exe "Smartphone Configuration Wizard" to find my phone via BT or USB-Sync cable/cradle.

i am wondering if this is pertinant as it describes itself as some form of setup for connectivity...

I have tried looking at th MS and O sites, but both claim that 2003 is not avaiable in UK yet !!!!!!!

My phone describes her self as

MS Windows powered smartphone 2003

Version 4.20.00 (Build 13288)

Rom update 1.1.1.4

Manufacurer 1.6.0.0

MS 4.20.13288.0

Lang 1.6.0.0

just i case there are different version out there.

forgive any overt newbieness, for i am :roll: :wink:

I am computer literate, so some of this IS sinking in :roll:

Hello & Help :!: LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pisquee

Intersting twist - after following the guides I could find nothing was working.

What i did next was run the "Get Connected" in ActiveSync - it ran through looking and found nothing - after that i pressed cancel (instead of OK, for it to look again) After a couple of seconds the disc span and it synced!

:-)

I have had this problem, and a couple of things have worked for me:

Sync the E200 by USB first to establish the partnership.

If you also sync with a pocket PC make sure that the smartphone partnership is selected in ActiveSync.

If still fails to connect turn bluetooth off on the E200 and then turn it on - mine syncs at this point with no problems (using TDK PCMCIA bluetooth card).

Guest mdw_cubed

I found that "Get Connected" in ActiveSync on the PC never found the phone at all.

My Bluetooth connection only springs into life if I use the "Connect via Bluetooth" option from the menu in ActiveSync on the phone.

Guest skyrine

Even though i finally got my phone to synch in this post i too can only synch by manually selecting sync via bluetooth from the phone.

it would be nice if the damn thing automatically sync'd when i became in range of my machine it sync's with....

• 1 month later...

I am using the new IBM T41 laptop with buit in bluetooth and when i pair my xphone it just shows dialup profile...i too have gone through all the trouble and have read this forum but all in vain....need real help on this one...dont know how to get both this working

dialog that apears on my mobile says"cannot conect to pc. close all programs that me be using the connectionand try again"

A couple of things that might help those in difficulty that I found whislt travelling around the world of Bluetooth Configuration.

Not saying that it will be the same as me cause your software might be completely different, but the software I use is Toshiba BT Stack and it has a Bluetooth COM port config prog. It allows me to add/delete virtual BT COM ports as and when and wherever on my PC.

One of things that stopped me connecting to my Activesync via BT was the fact that I was connecting to the wrong COM port. I have found that in my case that there are 2 different types of Virtual COM port on my PC's Bluetooth.

One is a bog standard serial port for basic client services, i.e. my PC connects to the Bluetooth device to access a service on that device.

The other type of port is Server-side serial port (or words to that effect), this set-ups a port that provides a service to a Bluetooth device in this case Activesync.

For those of you who are still having trouble, check your bluetooth software for this sort of thing, if it is available then find out which port is being provided as the server/service port then set Activesync to listen on that one.

Hope that's of help to somebody, if not, no bother I was waiting for the kettle to boil anyway while I wrote this :lol:

• 5 months later...
Guest giuliastro

I succesfully managed to sync via Bluetooth with my home computer, but now I'm having an hard time with my office one. Actually I learned what to do pretty well, the device is found, mapped the right com ports, connected to the com port.

BUT whenever I try to start Activesync on my phone it stops saying it's impossible to connect to my PC. I went thru my phone's activesync options and found out my it says to use my HOME computer and I can't actually change it even if I'm now paired with my OFFICE computer..

What a mess! Bluetooth support on the E200 really sucks. :P

Guest Stuart P

I had a similar problem - I was syncing my contacts to both my home and my work PC. Despite going through my bluetooth settings time and time again, I could never get the phone to sync over bluetooth.

Found out I could only activesync my inbox if there was a single partnership on the phone. Deleted the partnership with my home PC, and hey presto - everything worked! Activesync the lot (including my work email and folders) over bluetooth no problem.

The only irritation - you have to choose to connect via bluetooth from the phone, and it doesn't automatically pick up again if you move out of range and then back in range again.

Can't wait for the MPX with wi-fi !!

Guest partycan

I had all sorts of trouble trying to get it to work but in the end I managed it, I have an E200 with the imate rom :P and a belkin f8t003 bluetooth adaptor. I took down the steps I did and it worked first time! on my win xp sp1 box :D So thought i'd share it with you

1) Unplug bluetooth adaptor, uninstall all related software and drivers, restart machine

2) Make sure your E200 is set to discoverable!

3)Plug bluetooth adaptor back in and install drivers (1.3.2.7 in my case) and software

4)Search for devices through install wizard

5)Intitate pairing with E200, you can do this after install if you'd like, but this was how I did it!

6)Finish the wizard

7)Goto advanced config of your bluetooth software, check your local services tab, and note the com port of your bluetooth serial port (should be 4)

8)Goto your activesync and connection settings and select com port that you have just noted (in this case its com port 4)

9)Untick the allow USB connection with this desktop computer

10)Open activesync on E200, goto menu, then connect via BT

Hopefully it should sync up first time!

Guest merguez
8)Goto your activesync and connection settings and select com port that you have just noted (in this case its com port 4)  

can't get these connection settings ! when i go to activesync connection settings it shows me up the get connected wizard. what can i do now ?

Hi. I've been through lots of trouble in getting the BT ActiveSync going, and I think I know just the trick. I use the MSI BT Doggle (MS-6979, not the BlueToe, but guess it's about the same thing) to do this.

For the very 1st time syncing, after you install the BT software onto your PC, use your Xphone to discover your PC and pair with it. Finish the whole pairing process and exit the pairing program on PC. Next, use your Xphone to sync via BT. Your PC should display a balloon asking you to allow your Xphone to connect to the PC. Now your Xphone ActiveSync should be displaying 'Connecting', and this will not go off. The BT icon in the system tray should be in the connected state. Now open MS ActiveSync on PC, and try search for devices connected on COM port. This may take a few retries. Mine worked on the second try. After that, everytime you wanna sync, just on the BT doggle on PC, and BT ActiveSync from Xphone, and it should be a breeze.

One word of advice: the Xphone recognise the BT doggle that it paired, and the name of the PC BT config given by you, not the PC. so if you wanna pair your Xphone with different PC using the same BT doggle, set the name of the PC the same one as the one you successfully paired with the doggle (in advanced setting/config), and use the same passkey you used for the previous pairing. This should work. if not, just delete the paired device in the Xphone and pair again.

p.s. I tried pairing Xphone with my PC running windows XP service pack 2 release condidate1, and the pairing failed. service pack 1 (or without it) will not cause any problem, at least on my part... oh, and also works with windows 2000 with sp4...

hope this helps...

• 5 months later...
help. i've got my e200 paired with my laptop. the bluetooth dongle is a penblue 40m job. i've got the virtual serial port set to com 4, the activesync to com 4, local services to com 4 and client to com 5 as 4 isn't an option. the boxes are checked. i'm a technospaz, get me out of this cycle of changing settings please. :? i keep getting the following error message when i try to active sync from the phone "unable to connect, verify dial up or proxy settings are correct" any help much appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a hell of a time getting my E200 to work with the MSI MS-6967 BT Dongle. I had it all set-up - nothing really seemed to work properly you just have to keep fiddling with everything until you get it to work on the BT Serial connection. Then I upgraded the OS on the E200 - back to the start again - can't get it to work now arrrrgh!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>