bad batch of e200's so i'm told

Guest bikespod

Guest 4runner
They are ALL BAD ! Go into ANY Orange shop, ask to try one out . They ALL BUZZ!

quote]

I thinks you'll quite a few on here who dont have the Buzzing me included although we could be in the minorty, have a look at the poll thread.

As for the bluetooth I think you might find its the headsets which limit the range not the phone. In the reviews I've read theres not many that do work over 2-3 metres line of sight.

Guest Squuiid

Gnuig, a bit off topic here, sorry, but does your 512MB Sandisk card work ok in your E200? I have a Viking 256MB that doesn't work so am buying the 512MB Sandisk. The E200 won't write to the Viking.

Really starting to regret having bought an E200. :x

Guest Russell@home

Has anyone tried copying an mp3 to the SD card & playing it through media player on the lowest volume (1)?

I tried earlier & it may be me but the buzzing is gone. Unless you crank the volume right up but then, what do you expect?

Russ

Guest Coolboy1982
Has anyone tried copying an mp3 to the SD card & playing it through media player on the lowest volume (1)?

I tried earlier & it may be me but the buzzing is gone. Unless you crank the volume right up but then, what do you expect?

Russ

Actually mine (and as far as I understand others' too) doesn't buzz on any volume for music , it's just in voice conversations.

i have just spoken to Orange and they told me they don't know of this issue and I must have a faulty headset !!!!!!

Can you guys let me know what contact number you rang to get your EMEI nuber checked ?

Guest Russell@home

I calles OCS & was told that I had to take it back to the Orange store I purchased it from as it was within the first 28 days.

I suppose, at least this way I can keep trying handsets instore until (if) I get a good one!

Guest shadamehr
Gnuig, a bit off topic here, sorry, but does your 512MB Sandisk card work ok in your E200? I have a Viking 256MB that doesn't work so am buying the 512MB Sandisk. The E200 won't write to the Viking.  

Really starting to regret having bought an E200. :x

Squuiid...

I WAS awaiting a reply from an Email to Orange about this issue (mine are both brand new Viking 256MB cards bough to go with the phone), but they haven't replied today.

So what did you do with your cards - did you manage to get a refund from the supplier - if so, who was it?

To think, I paid a fortune too for express delivery, so they arrived the same day as my phone...

Squuiid...

I WAS awaiting a reply from an Email to Orange about this issue (mine are both brand new Viking 256MB cards bough to go with the phone), but they haven't replied today.

So what did you do with your cards - did you manage to get a refund from the supplier - if so, who was it?

To think, I paid a fortune too for express delivery, so they arrived the same day as my phone...

Sorry to hear you have had trouble with your Viking SD-cards. Nonetheless, I can recommend the SanDisk 512 MB card to go with the SPV E200 for anyone considering a good SD-card.

I managed to put loads of .wma files 3 full albums,8-10 installed programs (with .cab files too - as backup :lol: ) and lots of pictures on the card, (and some backup data from my pc ;-) still with approx. 200 MB to spare. Enough room for most stuff, and leaves the phones memory free for regular functions. Nice...

Great card for the spv e200, truly recommendable 8)

Guest Squuiid

Thanks Gnuig, I assumed it worked fine as you kept having it in your sig, so ordered it the other day and as I type this am copying new files onto my nice shiny new Sandisk 512MB. Works as it should 8)

I sold my old Viking one to a friend with an E100.

Guest Squuiid

Forgot to mention....

I bought the Sandisk 512MB SD card from www.blueproton.com in the US.

They offer excellent service. I live in England and it arrived 3 days after ordering. Also, with the favourable £/$ exchange rate, it's CHEEEAP.

They also do 100M range bluetooth dongles that work great with the E200.

/Squuiid

SPV E200 : SanDisk 512 MB SD-card : Smartphone Windows 2003 Ver. 4.20.0

:wink: :lol:

Forgot to mention....

I bought the Sandisk 512MB SD card from www.blueproton.com in the US.

They offer excellent service. I live in England and it arrived 3 days after ordering. Also, with the favourable £/$ exchange rate, it's CHEEEAP.

They also do 100M range bluetooth dongles that work great with the E200.

/Squuiid

SPV E200 : SanDisk 512 MB SD-card : Smartphone Windows 2003 Ver. 4.20.0

:wink:       :lol:

Very cool sig!

Nice link also, thanks. I found the SanDisk 512MB SD-card fairly cheap here in Denmark, though, as I preffer not to order from the US (with Danish customs going bannanas over US-shipped stuff now-a-days). Also, we have 14 days to return items if defect, ect., so this worked for me :wink:

Anyway, have you seen my new topic on the Voyage board reg. build numbers??? Just me trying to get deeper into this whole buzzing this, as I am in the process of trying to get a good one now. Who knows if they even exist for "us" regular customers.

Guess we will see...

anyways, I am glad to hear your card works well, and it's the coolest phone around, NICE!

Just remember, you have quite a valuable card in the phone now, one extra good reason to take good care of your E200 now :D