BT Headsets - lets compile a list of compatible devices

Guest h3adl0ng

:?  

I own a Ericsson hbh-15.

the phone sees the headset, but the paring got wrong. With my old t68i it works perfect.

Tips are welcome.

unfortunately I have the same problem with my HBH-15 - was hoping for better news

Guest TheMadScot

I have the advantage of working as the store admin for a (new) mobile phone retailer in the UK; part of my job is receiving new stock into the store, so I get to see (and try) new products as they are launched.

I currently use an SPV E200 and will be purchasing a headset for it in the next few days. So far I've tried

Logitech Mobile Bluetooth Headset: reasonably good - it's the first one I've tried with the SPV and can say that it was both comfortable to wear and had fairly good call quality.

Jabra BT250: the headset I had my eye on which - thankfully - I had NOT purchased. I can confirm that the sound quality is poor if the handset is more than the stated 50cm away from the headset. Beyond this range, the quality degraded unacceptably and sometimes the audio signal cut out completely depending on which way I turned my head. NOT good for a technology that is supposedly omnidirectional!

I'll try out a few more headsets as and when I can, but I'm fairy certain that I'll purchase the logitech. I've just taken delivery of a Logitech diNovo cordless desktop, and my thoughts are now centered on ensuring compatability with both my SPV E200 and my new keyboard.

I'll post more on particular devices as and when I can. Hope this helps!

Guest TheMadScot

Tried the Bluetrek G2 headset today... worked well enough but the sound quality was a bit crackly at times. I was able to move around without a great deal of signal degradation, going so far as to have a wall between the headset and handset and still able to maintain a useable signal. Please bear in mind that my tests are conducted in a store with a *lot* of other active Bluetooth devices in the area, along with a slew of electrical and data cabling going everywhere - as much as this *shouldn't* affect the BT connection too much, general EMI and RF interference will still factor...

On a personal note, I decided to go with the Logitech headset. It had the best build quality and signal clarity that I'd seen so far, plus my staff purchase price made it £45!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phildrudge

i have bought a bluetrek g2 and i cant for the life of me get it to work! it pairs alright with the phone, but the e200 wont bloody go into headset profile!!!! any ideas?

Guest markhammill

Does anyone know if there are any other headsets that will store more then one partnership apart from the HS810.

Or is there anychance that my HS810 will work once the e200 update is released.

Guest n4src
Just wondering if anyone has got or tried one of these

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2ZZS

the price :shock:  seems good but is the quality ok?

I wouldn't mind buying one if the thing works ok (unlike jabra 250) which i was going to get before reading this thread! :roll:  

Cheers, Dean

I just got one awaiting collection! I will tell you all as soon as i got it.

Guest shadamehr
I you have a working headset is it possible to listen to music through it?

I can on my Ipaq and it's great.

No - as I keep complaining about here. But nothing to do with headsets. Simply because the E200 doesn't yet have PROPER Headset profile.

Consequently, the headset only 'activates' when a call comes in or is made outwards.

So until then the phone isn't even seeing it.

Contrast to my N-Gages where I can listen to music, play games etc, and also Motorola phones.

Come on Orange - sort it out!

As you can read elsewhere on this forum I have had

some difficulty with the Nokia HDW-2. I've had two, both with the same trait i.e. dropping the BT connection after 5 minutes if no call is made or received, and even if one is made or received the headset switching to discoverable mode when the call is ended and then turning itself off after 30 minutes. I've now bought a Sony Ericsson HBH-35 and it is working fine. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest markhammill

I have started to have a bit more luck with my HS810 BT Headset.

It has always paired properly but it took a while to work out when it will and won't work.

It seems that the confusion is caused by whether the boom is open or not.

On my Ipaq you open the boom and it connects to the Ipaq automatically.

This doesn't work with the e200.

I have got a 100% success rate for connections if I open the boom first.

To receive a call on the headset the boom has to be open before the phone rings.

So if I want to use it in the car for example, i have to just wear it and then usually on the second ring of the phone the headset beeps. Then I can use the button on the headset to answer and hangup.

To make a call I put the headset on first then dial the call the number using the phone. I can then use the button on the headset to end the call.

Guest cvdbl

Folks,

What is the final word on the Jabra BT200. The headset seems to work for me except that the pairing is no longer recognized if I turn the heaset off or teh E200 off. Has anyone solved that issue. From the posts on the forum it seems that some people have experienced that, others maybe not.

What is the best BT headset to get for an E200. Can anyone confirm that their headset does not loose pairing after being turned off and on ?

Of the following headser, which one would you recommend and which one guarantees that I can accept/reject calls from the headset:

Sony Ericsson HBH 65

Sony Ericsson HBH 35

Plantronics M3000

Others?

thanks

C.

On my HBH-35 accepting a call is easy but I also accidentally managed to reject a call yesterday too - just held my finger on the button a tad too long .... so I guess that works too.

JT

Guest cvdbl
On my HBH-35 accepting a call is easy but I also accidentally managed to reject a call yesterday too - just held my finger on the button a tad too long .... so I guess that works too.

JT

So, with the HBH-35, you do not have issues of the pairing not being maintained after having power cycled the devices?

Can you just turn both on (after intial pairing obviously) for the headset to be recognized?

C.