Non-buzzing E200 batch numbers... let's have them!

Guest Gnuig

Guest gameonthego

Think I solved the buzzing problem. Orange has contacted everyone that has bought an E200's contacts ( stolen from the orange backup prog ) and asked them to talk through Kazoos when they are on the phone to you.

The Kazoos were supposed to be part of the Christmas gift set but werent ready in time since they had to be certified by microsoft first.

When asked Orange justified it by saying - well it stops accidents becuase people will not use the phone whiist in a car cause they cant hear anyone.

Guest shadamehr
Think I solved the buzzing problem. Orange has contacted everyone that has bought an E200's contacts ( stolen from the orange backup prog ) and asked them to talk through Kazoos when they are on the phone to you.

The Kazoos were supposed to be part of the Christmas gift set but werent ready in time since they had to be certified by microsoft first.

When asked Orange justified it by saying - well it stops accidents becuase people will not use the phone whiist in a car cause they cant hear anyone.

Gameonthego...

Er can you rephrase that a bit better please, as it sounds like you have some useful info for us all, but I can't understand what you are trying to say by it...

Guest Sir Oracle

I have an HT343 and it doesn't buzz. The sound is a bit bassy though, but thats me being picky

HT343 No problems, However I did go into the Orange shop where I got my phone from and they advised I could get refund/exchange (Despite being an upgrade), You need to take the phone and all contents to the shop, (including the Christmas crap too). Im happy with mine so Im Keeping it, plus I sold my SPV so I'd be stuck for something to beat it. Also I wouldnt be able to play on MoDaCo if I didnt get a smartphone now would I,

I can't believe you have to take all your Christmas stuff back as well... I've wrapped them up already to give out as pressies!

Guest midnight

are you guys sure its not an area specific/signal problem?

i mean, it obviously isnt a batch problem, cos some people with same batch numbers report different things.

Guest Squuiid

I'm in Italy today for a weekend away. so roaming with the phone. it still buzzes. It is definitely not a signal thing. buzzes in the uk and here just as loud. Anyone know how much GPRS roaming costs? Scared it is going to be a LOT. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Squuiid

I'm in Italy today for a weekend away. so roaming with the phone. it still buzzes. It is definitely not a signal thing. buzzes in the uk and here just as loud. Anyone know how much GPRS roaming costs? Scared it is going to be a LOT. Posted from my SmartPhone!

I'm in Italy today for a weekend away. so roaming with the phone. it still buzzes. It is definitely not a signal thing. buzzes in the uk and here just as loud. Anyone know how much GPRS roaming costs? Scared it is going to be a LOT.                                              Posted from my SmartPhone!

b0x -> :roll: :shock: :lol: :wink: :?: :!: :?: :!:

SO ... now we know it's not network related. Thanks for the input Squuiid!

I believe GPRS is 'only' used for data (sms, mms, e-mail, etc.), yet on my previous Ericsson T68 you could choose to run sms via gprs or not (only gsm option). Anyone feel free to comment on the way the e200 works regarding this?!

You should be able to check with you service provider for pricing when you travel to different counties for roaming fees. Varies quite a bit.

I suggest trying to purchase a sim-card in the country you go, and give this temp. phone number, for anyone who needs to reach you... will often save you a lot of money, if this option can do it for you.

Again, thanks for the input... hope you get your e200 problem free in the future.

Cheers.

This is my theory...

All E200s buzz!

I have yet to see someone say they have received a phone back from Orange and it doesn't buzz. I think the reason for some people claiming their phone doesn't buzz is because they haven't noticed it yet or that they do not fully understand the sound we are going on about. I bet if I used their handset then I would identify it as buzzing. Also I wouldnt really describe the noise as buzzing, that implies to me thats its an interference-like sound. It is more of a distortionate sound when really low tones are being played.

And it only seems to happen durings calls, so it cannot really be described by Orange as faulty hardware, its more like "faulty radio" software.

Jabbsy

agree it's a wierd like 'bassy' cheap stereo 'twangyduszzzzz^^wea'

My old ht343D was barely useable. the HT344D delivered today is about 30% as bad as the previous one.

I checked the old e100 too to check it was not just 'me' or the 'other end' causing the issue..

I was asked if i used a leather case by 150, and to move away from the pc, wander around, lift right arm, etc.. all varied the distortion effect.. but nothing removed it.. (moving away from tv/pc etc made it WORSE??)...

Maybe to lighten the mood, how do you explain in words the 'noise' :-p

Will

Guest ltgland

The radio software angle kinda makes sense. On the "battery is pants thread" someone mentioned the radio software looks pokey... who know we may kill 2 birds with one stone.

BTW mine only buzzes when the 150 robot lady speaks

Guest bikespod

:evil: i've been waiting for tech support for 10 days now re this buzzing. just talked to one of our members, nice chap at 150. he didn't want to comment understandably on recalls etc, but has told me tech support are now not answering their phones at all due to massive back log. apparently i can't go for diff model replacement as i have only had 2 replacements and no more can be sent until tech support get back. WHEN? he can't say :!: :?: :!: :?: AND when that option does arise i can have a trio600, an e100 or a mpx200, all downgrades in my book.

my phone also buzzed in prague so its def not area related. I can't believe they are trying to blame the area/tv/pc now. how lame is that!?!?

I actually had to tell someone i'd call them from a land line the other day, i couldn't understand them at all. It's a bit much to ask clients to breathe helium before talking to you just so you can understand them.

Looks like we be f**ked until orange get their act together and pull their heads out of their arses.

I feel for customer relations, they must be getting it bad right now. :lol: :cry: :D :cry: :) :cry: :D :cry:

Hi all!

OK - I dont really know if my E200 buzzes - but it has _very_ little bass when playing mp3´s - and when calling the sound is kind of muffled...as i I have a very thick glove on the phone :roll:

BUT THERE IS ANOTHER ISSUE that I´d like to know if someone have had - MY PHONE HAS FREEZED UP TOTALLY - doesent react to any buttons, doesent react to calls even though the calling phone sounds like the call is coming through, SMS´s sent to the phone during its frozen state just disappear.... :shock: :roll:

I got one freeze every night for the first 4 nights...and then - after letting my activesync application access the internet (god knows why it wanted that...) and after upgrading to latest outlook - the problem seems to have gone away. (!!!) :shock:

I have not installed or hacked or done anything else with the phone. Its all vanilla flavour...

Now this makes me think that some stuff in the phone might be upgraded by microsoft without letting us know. Or am I just being paranoid?

Feedback please.

// O.

Guest ultimasnake

No buzz here, might be an idea to post the Noise of an Buzzing phone for us to reconize it.

here is my info :

number : HT343D

Smartphone 2003 version : 4.20.0 (build 13288)

Radio version : 1.09.02

Rom update version :

Operator : 1.1.3.3

manufacturer 1.6.0.0

microsoft : 4.20.13288.0

Language : 1.6.0.0

file system : 4.20.13288.0

since people state that my version number Buzzes too.. i dont think it has anything to do with the phone itself.. but more likely software reasons? like the radio version?

Guest leo-balou

Hey m8 you might be onto something here.

I have the buzzing and my Radio stack is 1.09.00 while yours is 1.09.02.

Anyone else WITH buzzing - what's the version on yours.

Anyone WITHOUT buzzing please advise what your radio stack version is.

I really hope this is the answer to this one as it's bugging LOADS of people.

- An after thought - this might be just because you are on a different Network however- hope not!!

Guest Sir Oracle

Is it possible to put an older radio version in the phone then you can check your theory out...... I don't know a lot about programming so please don't scream at me if this is impossible :roll:

Guest skyvalley

I'll swear they all buzz!

Mine buzzes when I call 150.

Two of my mates who had original SPV then upgraded to E200's swore blind theirs didn't and that voice quality was better on the E200. I checked and guess what, buzzing. As has been mentioned before maybe some people just can't recognise it (the lucky buggers :lol: )

Guest mdw_cubed

Here's my info:

number : HT344D

Smartphone 2003 version : 4.20.0 (build 13288)

Radio version : 1.09.00 (not 1.09.02)

Rom update version :

Operator : 1.1.1.4 (not 1.1.3.3)

manufacturer 1.6.0.0

microsoft : 4.20.13288.0

Language : 1.6.0.0

file system : 4.20.13288.0

Got my 3rd one and yes it buzzes :lol: Now with O Tech Support.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an issue with the decoding of the voice signal as Media Player is fine. If this is done in software, isn't the Operator ROM Version the number that increments with a software update? My ROM version is an older one than ultimasnake's.

I'll swear they all buzz!

Mine buzzes when I call 150.

Two of my mates who had original SPV then upgraded to E200's swore blind theirs didn't and that voice quality was better on the E200. I checked and guess what, buzzing. As has been mentioned before maybe some people just can't recognise it (the lucky buggers :D )

It must be sooo nice...

I wish I was less of a perfectionist and more deaf :lol: