Smart Rom ver.1.7 w/ BL 1.09-How to Sim Unlock????

Guest d-coy

Guest mar9118

@Chito,

It is still the same old procedure, so far I see no need for having an open line SAP with a SAP 1.7 ROM installed, once you get out of SAP 1.7 you have better choices, just in case anyone wants to play around with the SAP 1.7 ROM image here is my suggestion:

Edit the SAP 1.7 ROM image and change the bootloader to 0.99 (SAP 1.3.7 bootloader), of course utmost care must be taken to make sure checksums, file size, etc. are same or you will end up with a dead phone, I don't have a SAP now because I am using Mitac Mio 8390 so I cannot test it :oops:

I think this may work, so mga Hex Editing Experts, wanna take the challenge :wink:

Cheers! :)

Guest katan

dami palang may gustong unlock phone natin, pero while reading the threads here meron akong ayokong mangyari...

i might end up with a dead phone, too risky... but i am interested in reading the procedure though.

pwede pahingi din ng procedure, Mar? thanx in advance!

i want to use other Sim kasi i want to use my phone as a USB MODEM pag mag-o-online ako. baka kasi malibang ako and tumaas ng sobra data calls ko. as of what i know libre GPRS sa G. so parang free unlimited surfing! :)

Guest bglan
@Chito,

It is still the same old procedure, so far I see no need for having an open line SAP with a SAP 1.7 ROM installed, once you get out of SAP 1.7 you have better choices, just in case anyone wants to play around with the SAP 1.7 ROM image here is my suggestion:

Edit the SAP 1.7 ROM image and change the bootloader to 0.99 (SAP 1.3.7 bootloader), of course utmost care must be taken to make sure checksums, file size, etc. are same or you will end up with a dead phone, I don't have a SAP now because I am using Mitac Mio 8390 so I cannot test it  :oops:  

I think this may work, so mga Hex Editing Experts, wanna take the challenge  :wink:  

Cheers!  :)

tried and tested sir simula ng lumabas yung sap 1.70

kaya lang sir minsan may mga errors, parang mas fail-safe pa na idowngrade muna ang unit sa sap 1.60 before using your method

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
tried and tested sir simula ng lumabas yung sap 1.70

ummm pare meron pala SmartROM version 1.70 ?

kasi yung nasa Smart website ngayon is ROM 1.7.0.13 :roll:...pero pag nag update ka using this verion, ang lalabas sa operator version is 1.7.13.0

magka iba sila my friends. i smell something fishy.

Guest katan

have visited Smart Center last week, sabi nila latest daw yung nasa site nila. and they have an upcoming update maybe at the end of 2nd quarter of the year. 2003 daw?

ano yun? Smartphone 2003? OS update ba yun ng SAP or may bagong SAP na? or di kaya para sa HTC Voyager lang yung update...

i'm confused...

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@katan

nakakalito talaga. iba iba ang version number nila. yung nasa website nila na sabi ng nakausap mo is "updated" version is ROM 1.7.13.0 kapag na install mo na...pero sinulat nila sa website as 1.7.0.13 (as of Mar 10, 2004, 1:06AM PH)

tingnan nyo maigi ang version info. sadya bang ganun or sinasadya na maging ganun? kung updated cya, how come numbers lang nung ROM version di nila na update? ok sige ROM update 1.7 cya pero after nung number 7 ano susunod na number...0 or 13? mukhang parehas lang di ba kung di nyo pansin maigi.

mukhang nang-gogoyo ang smart ha. :)

Guest kalinte

typo nga lang siguro. but i have two versions of the RUU file. 1.7.0.13 and 1.7.13 respectively. downloaded from smart.com.ph i thought that its a different rom but after installing one after the other, i didnt find anything different.

Guest hsmeilop
Hey Guys, I find it funny for people to buy the Smart Amazing Phone and use Globe SIM card, I came up with the procedure to help people get rid of the SAP 1.6 ROM update because it was a total garbage but with the SAP 1.7 ROM update, I can say Smart made us proud to be one of the first to fix the MSN Messenger problem and other issues.

I made a promise that I will not make any attempt to post any procedure to get rid of its ROM if Smart comes out with a real ROM update with updated features and not only to lock our phones, so this time they did it and I have to keep my promise, a word of caution, please do not attempt to apply my procedure to downgrade the SAP 1.7 ROM as it was made for the SAP 1.6 ROM, please be careful and do it at your own risk, you may end up with a dead phone instead.

Cheers!

Is that a recommendation to upgrade to SAP 1.7? I'm still using the 1.5.0.28 rom. My wife is using qtek 1.5. I brought it to the wireless center and they said that they can't upgrade it to 1.7. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guest aldousbee

pwedeng i update yun.. baka ayaw lang nila. why not do it yourself? ingat nga lang dahil hindi mo na maiSPAMlik sa qtek 1.5 pag ginawa mo yun.

Guest mar9118

Is that a recommendation to upgrade to SAP 1.7? I'm still using the 1.5.0.28 rom. My wife is using qtek 1.5. I brought it to the wireless center and they said that they can't upgrade it to 1.7. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes indeed it is a recommendation to upgrade to SAP 1.7 ROM if you really have no plans of using SIM card from other provider (so far it has all the good features of other ROM updates), in any case if you want out after upgrading to SAP 1.7 just PM me with your email address and I can send you the procedure :wink:

Guest katan

sana lang maglabas na lang ng bagong ROM ang SMART higher than 1.7.0.13 or 1.7.13.0 or whatever??

...para lang di na nakakalito kung ano mas bagong ROM!