Mpx200 hangs at "HELLO MOTO" :(

Guest DJHope

Had my MPx200 for 2 weeks now. It died last night.

I remember it giving me a 'Low Internal Memory' message about an hour before.

It now hangs on the 'Smartphone 2002' screen.

I'm charging it now. How long does it take for a full charge (before I try a hard reset).

Cheers guys.

Guest mcwarre

Jambo,

About 1 1/2 hrs for full charge. If I were u I would invest in a larger SD card and hard reset the phone. When you install any programmes make sure that they are all put on the sd card! Do not use the phone at all; this helps prevents problems and also ensures that the phone remains faster!

I have a 256 SD card (£45 off eBay) and everything is installed to that (I also removed caller ID as not used).

Let us know how you get on.........

I've already got a 256 SD Card, and I do install all my programs on it.

I think that it's my e-mails (that sync with Outlook) that filled up the internal memory.

Thanks for your help :) (I'll let you know how I get on)

Guest mcwarre
I think that it's my e-mails (that sync with Outlook) that filled up the internal memory.

Is there a way of only synching so much of each email from PC to MPx (like when downloading only download x amount)?

Or better still...

Can you set default email directory to SD card??

Guest neuronisis

I've had this problem twice now. I've bought this phone for 5 members of my family and 3 of the phones have hung at the dreaded hello motto screen. I install all sorts of crap on my phone, the others don't have anything extra installed on them. I feel quite embarrassed to try and explain why this happens(cause i don't know!) and the fact that i have to do a hard reset to rectify the problem and loose phone numbers etc. And before anyone say's orange back up, some of my family have only had the phones for barely a week, no joke!!!

I read on this forum that it could be a battery problem and i think i agree. I don't beleive it matters what you install on it, with in reason. I phoned orange, they were going to get back to me within 2 hours, it's now 3 days. Nothing changes there then!!! When will the ?uck Orange get these problems ironed out before these phones are released to the general public. I had enough ?hit with my SPV. Don't get me wrong, i love the technology but i hate the instability. So 6 Mpx200's in total and i feel most of them are going to have to go back. :roll:

Well i've did it, after only 2 weeks of having the MPx200 I had to hard reset as the damn thing would'nt boot up. Its working now, however i've noticed that now in some menu screens(settings) there are things missing.

For example in settings>phone settings instead of the usual options to change external display, time outs etc, i get this:

So now I can't even change these settings!

Has something been corrupted? Do I need another hard reset??

Could someone help me on this?

cheers

-steve

Guest optikal

The manual for my AT&T Mpx200 says that if the battery is 'deep discharged' (I guess this mean letting the phone die completely instead of heeding the low battery warnings) that the phone will not boot. The manual states that the phone needs to be charged for fifteen minutes, then removed from the charger and powered on. From there you can do whatever you want with it, from changing settings to completing the recharging.

I guess the rule of thumb for this phone should be to not let it die - pay attention to the low battery warnings. I think that would solve a lot of people's issues with it.

Guest PooBear

This happened to my mpx mkIII (first one had dud battery and 2nd had buzzing led inductor).

The battery was full as it had been in and out of the cradel at work and the oly thing odd i had done was close it while i was running NES emulator. I know that can be flaky but that is usually just the roms and im assuming no one else was playing nintendo?

...I know that can be flaky but that is usually just the roms and im assuming no one else was playing nintendo?

Funnily enough when my phone died, and wouldnt even get by the moto screen, I was playing mario on the nes emulator for quite a bit before the battery ran out...

-steve

• 1 year later...
Guest Tom0815

Hi,

I have the same Problem:

On Friday i switched off the phone normally. And just the next day it hung up without playing the startsound on the hellomoto screen.

Hardreset doesn't work. my battery is fully loaded und i have my moto on the loader. i tried to put out the battery for a longer span but it didnt help.

I think i will send it to mototola and then sell it to get an mpx220.