UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

Guest knocker

I'm having some trouble with the update, It's downloaded fine, I've backed up my contacts and stuff but when I run the update it gives me a warning that the power cable isn't connected and won't continue, the cable is plugged in, and the backlight goes on when I pull the cable out and reconect, but it's not showing as charging.

I've got an original spv and using the cradle and power cable that came with it, with activesync 3.7.

Can ayone help??? :cry:

Guest mark_l_sanders

oof

the phone still seems quicker, but i've redone my email settings - including telling it to save my password - and each time i check mail it asks me for my password again.

does this mean my settings are wrong: don't I put my mail server for incoming mail, smtp.orange.net for outgoing and my own a/c name/password in appropriate fields???

Guest mark_l_sanders

sorry - my fault - typing error in my username :oops:

in my defence, they can't make those dreadful buttons any bigger via a ROM update can they...

Guest knocker
I'm having some trouble with the update, It's downloaded fine, I've backed up my contacts and stuff but when I run the update it gives me a warning that the power cable isn't connected and won't continue, the cable is plugged in, and the backlight goes on when I pull the cable out and reconect, but it's not showing as charging.

I've got an original spv and using the cradle and power cable that came with it, with activesync 3.7.

Can ayone help??? :cry:

Got it! 45 minutes on the phone to orange, but it's done!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Only technically is via the developers website.

There is an ilegal app doing the rounds which was leakedstolen from Orange but it's not advised to use it.

Guest soccerwrek

Yea, on further reading around the Internet, I stumbled on a thread about that app.

So, out of curiousity, is it illegal to use the Orange 1.6 ROM on phone that wasn't purchased through Orange?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.