UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

...ok guys. After that update...my phone will be sim and application unlocked

My UK Orange SPV was sim unlocked before and after the upgrade :D

Amazingly, I have not seen the egg timer yet :lol: :D :) :D :D

You will lose all your contacts and settings, so do make sure you have backed these up using Activesynch or USBTERM and IPSM backup.

Still in early testing. :D

Guest aristoBrat
Mine was unlocked and still runs on T-Mobile, USA, so the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Lock doesn't seem to have been reapplied. However, it still seems application locked.

OK, cool. Mr O said it would re-SIM LOCK.

I'm in the US on T-Mobile too. Got the phone via UK eBay -- seller said it was officially unlocked via Orange. Mr O said I'd need to get the unlock code from him.

Guess I'll give it a whirl and see if I get the same results you do!

Guest www.msmobiles.com
Yes your phone will be App locked.

is there a way to software-unlock it after update? anybody succeeded in software-unlocking after update?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
The OTA de-cert method definitely worked like a charm, and I am installing away.  :lol:

Can I USE this method if I have non-Orange SIM card? how??? what is the URL?

Guest mike-oh

I've just looked on the site and it says you need 2000 or XP (grrrrrrrrrr). Funny how they never mentioned a min spec when i bought the phone?!

Unimpressed

Guest Pondrew

12 minutes? Did it take that long to update before? :shock:

Can't actually remember with it having been so long since the last update! 8)

82% done. Should be able to post some insights/comparisons between the E200 and the upgraded SPV. Watch this space...

Guest morpheus2702

SMS counter working fine

OTA decertification no problem

GPRS seems to be connecting without problem

Menus much faster, little egg-timer

Not much difference with Media Player

Same Smart MMS engine for MMS

IA task manager on rom

Messenger still tucked away in MS folder

Don't seem to be able to sign into Messenger

Ringtones from SD card no problem

First impression - nice job!

Guest Pondrew

Woah! There's a rather cool new shutdown screen (a dark moody sunset over the sea Orange screen - and before anyone says it, no its not the same as the boot up screen).

Don't know if this is the same shutdown screen E100s have but my original SPV with 1.5.0.29 didn't have it til now.

Guest Pondrew

I live in a poor Orange signal area. Before the other updates I NEVER had signal at home. Then I'd sometimes have one bar, two at a stretch.

But NOW having installed the update I've got three bars!?! It never used to be as good signal as my E200 but I think that may have just changed...

Guest jellybaby

When app unlocking via OTA, do you have to have the original sim card in? I have 2 contracts with orange and not sure which sim card should be in there

Guest morpheus2702

Is anyone else having trouble signing into MSN?

I'm pretty convinced that I've forgotten my settings and that is what is causing the problem, but just to be sure...

[EDIT] Scratch that - simple restart seems to sort it. :lol:

Guest Pondrew

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't the Orange site say it included Space Maker along with Task Manager.

I've found Task Manager but, surprise surprise, just like on the E200 there is no link to Space Maker in Programs. Anyone know if Paul's Space Maker tweak for E200 will solve that? Depends if Space Maker is in the same location on the updated SPV I guess...

Has the same Bug that the Imate has....... in that after using Internet Explorer, the backlight stays on for longer than the 5 seconds that I have set in the power save settings. The backlight remains on for 40 seconds.

Guest Matt Kirby

I might be wrong but...

I didn't notice the "Speed Dial" ap on my phone before updating- and all it seems to do is show what speed dials you have set up.

The weird thing is that "Orange UK" is assigned to key 2, which dials "0123456789".

Has anyone noticed this ap before updating or is it added with this update? And what is that shortcut all about?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.