UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

I live in a poor Orange signal area. Before the other updates I NEVER had signal at home. Then I'd sometimes have one bar, two at a stretch.

But NOW having installed the update I've got three bars!?! It never used to be as good signal as my E200 but I think that may have just changed...

Pondrew this is REALLY interesting... I'm about to try it myself.

I asked and asked about E100 and E200 and MPx200 signal strength only to be told "it's fine for me" - which basically meant that they lived in decent signal area anyway. My home office doesn't get good reception - the MPx200 is FAR worse than the original SPV... hopefully this update will do the trick! I struggle to understand how if it is so much of a software issue, the "tweaked" MPx200 is SO poor... maybe I was just unlucky... I upgraded to solve the problem - it only got worse! Anway...

[sorry if a little off-topic - just getting excited! :lol: :D]

Guest morpheus2702

Yup, got that 0123456789 thing... I thought it was because I worked in Bedford.

Oh for gods sake you have been moaning for so long about this update and now you have it your still moaning. LIVE WITH IT !!!!!

Gspot - I don't think anyone is moaning, just sussing out what's what. It is great that the update is finally here, so lets find out how to get the best out of it, eh?

The serious moaning will be a week down the line. :wink:

Guest gregbarton

any way other than OTA to app unlock??? with the rom patcher work with this rom???any way other than OTA to app unlock??? with the rom patcher work with this rom???

Guest aristoBrat
any way other than http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=22908>OTA to app unlock??? with the rom patcher work with this rom???any way other than http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=22908>OTA to app unlock??? with the rom patcher work with this rom???

You can do the OTA app unlock and drop your phone in the cradle -- it'll get the unlock via pass-thru on ActiveSync.

Guest darrellt

Any ideas??

I have tried to update to the latest on my SPV (Original UK) and 3 times now it has stuck at 51% and then came up with an error asking to remove the battery for 30 secs and start again. I've removed the SD card in case that was an issue but still the same.

Active Sync 3.7

All constructive and helpful replies appreciated...

Guest gspot2207
That's true... but then again we all know that the SPV and E100 have 8-way joysticks.

So thats the be all and end all, is it morpheus. All because you cant play games properly on it, if you wanna play games buy a PS2 for gods sake !

Its a smartphone not a games console !

Guest midnight

i think you'll find that some people wanna play games on their phones, hence morpheus' comment, and perhaps why mobile games now outsell ringtones on most websites, you'd look mighty funny taking a ps2 on a train with you, strapped to a huge battery and surround sound tv.

Guest gspot2207

If people wanna slag off the smartphones let them. I still stick to the fact that its a phone, anything else is an added bonus. If it dosent work then tough , it wasnt inteded for that.

Guest Andy Maclean

Got a bit of a problem that I need help with.

I updated my e100 to 1.61 just fine except when i turned it back on I noticed I had no service. After around 10 minutes of playing and still no service I decided to try my sim card (which is Orange) in my old 6210 and try my old sim card (Orange OVP Virgin) in the e100. Even in the 6210 my main sim card still gets no service whereas my old OVP Virgin sim card gets full reception in the e100.

Any ideas?

Andy

Guest midnight
Its a smartphone not a games console !

Its also a Smartphone not just an ordinary phone also, and as such should be able to so much more than just make/take calls, one of these functions is play games

you personally may not play games on the thing, but if you look at this thread, you'll see many people do :lol:

Got a bit of a problem that I need help with.

I updated my e100 to 1.61 just fine except when i turned it back on I noticed I had no service. After around 10 minutes of playing and still no service I decided to try my sim card (which is Orange) in my old 6210 and try my old sim card (Orange OVP Virgin) in the e100. Even in the 6210 my main sim card still gets no service whereas my old OVP Virgin sim card gets full reception in the e100.

Any ideas?

Andy

I had and still have this. I updated at about 6 PM and after much hassle updated again at 7. Then I called and got an Orange recording about an outage for "some users". I persevered and got a rep who told me the outage is in one of thirty "registration transmitters", so 3%, mostly in London, have no service. My work colleague updated at the same time. The rep checked his number, no problem (as when we updated), but mine is definitely registered to the dead transmitter. I still have no service, and will now check if it's because the outage persists.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.