UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

I had and still have this. I updated at about 6 PM and after much hassle updated again at 7. Then I called and got an Orange recording about an ...

IT'S FIXED! :lol: :D

Guest aristoBrat
Just quickly browsed the previous pages but I'm not 200% sure yet : Anybody done a succesfull http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=22908>OTA app unluck from abroad with a non-Orange SIM ??

Kinda.

I have a T-Mobile SIM and was able to unlock my phone OTA, ... well, TTC (thru-the-cradle). I did the OTA form on Orange's website, dropped the phone in the cradle , and it worked fine.

Kinda.

I have a T-Mobile SIM and was able to unlock my phone , ... well, TTC (thru-the-cradle). I did the form on Orange's website, dropped the phone in the cradle , and it worked fine.

Good news ! :lol: I'll give it all a go tomorrow evening

Guest wolmannn

Thought I would let people know the problems I had in case they get anything similar.

I wasted an hour after mine crashed on setup (jammed on the canary screen). I pulled out the battery and tried again twice. It wasn’t until I took the SPV out of the cradle, waited 5 mins for the install application to close itself down, then plug in and reinstall without pulling out the battery that it worked.

Not sure why I had the problem in the first place tho, perhaps should have pulled out the battery before I started to make sure the phone was fresh, or maybe it is activesync 3.7.1.

Hope it saves someone some frustration. It will all be worthwhile if there is no more dialing… or phantom sms on startup.

Happy installing!

Guest hunchback

[it wasn’t until I took the SPV out of the cradle, waited 5 mins for the install application to close itself down, then plug in and reinstall without pulling out the battery that it worked.

Thanks for the pointer. I had the exact same problem and exact same soltion - to simply remove the SPV from cradle (and NOT REMOVE battery) and it's moved along.

Guest darkmist

Upgraded yet still says 2002, no built IA tools, in fact no different from the original menus, if this was supposed to be the 2003 upgrade its nothing like the E200 menus

The POOM (Pocket Outlook Object Model) is also updated (03.00.12255 -> 03.00.13121)

There is no more problem when you synchronize Tasks with Notes from the Smartphone to the PC.

If you are using Oxios ToDo List, you can desactivate the 'Resolve Notes Synchro' Option.

Guest Dave.Burn
Upgraded yet still says 2002, no built IA tools, in fact no different from the original menus, if this was supposed to be the 2003 upgrade its nothing like the E200 menus

It's not a 2003 update, it's 2002 update.

upgraded using activesync 3.7 no probs

can't say it's faster yet.

Had Orange uk speed dial set to 2 "0123456789"

Have you noticed yet, it now says "Aeroplane on/off" instead of "Radio on/off" Tried it and it shows "Aeroplane" instead of "radio off", had "Network denied" when i turned it off again(for a few secs)

finally, still haven't found second app

Another success story from the US. I updated no problems. SIM remained unlocked, and using pass through internet, I decerted it on Orange's site no problem. I can say it is faster. A lot faster in my case. And it says T-Mobile instead of Voicestream, as others have said. I am happy with it overall.

smeg, or any other USA T-Mobilers....

What prefix did you enter on the OTA site? I can't get mine to work for some reason (I did it successfully before, but I can't remember what I entered).

Did you enter +13131234567, or +0013131234567, or +1[space]3131234567, or something else all together?

Thanks!!

My problem is I can't decert, but what's strange is that I can't get into the Orange Today site either??

I try to access http://wap.orange.co.uk/today and it gives me a 403 Forbidden error????

Anyone know what that's about?? Is it possible that's why I can't decert my phone? I was able to do it in the past...???

I can get into other websites on my phone...

Guest aristoBrat
My problem is I can't decert, but what's strange is that I can't get into the Orange Today site either??

I try to access http://wap.orange.co.uk/today and it gives me a 403 Forbidden error????  

Anyone know what that's about?? Is it possible that's why I can't decert my phone? I was able to do it in the past...???

I can get into other websites on my phone...

My guess is that Orange is only letting the IP addresses of its customers' phones get to the Orange sites. I was never able to get any of the Orange sites to work from my T-Mobile SIM before the update. :lol:

To app decert it, I entered +01XXXYYYYYYY on their web site (where XXX is the area code and YYYYYYY is the phone number). I had to drop it in the cradle and let it ActiveSync for the unlock message to come thru.

Check this out:

IF YOU ARE ON A NON-ORANGE NETWORK

If you do not have an Orange SIM in your SPV, or you are not in a country that has an Orange mobile network, then you may have more problems than most people while unlocking your SPV.

Please follow the steps listed above - but instead of using GPRS to connect to the internet, use a "Pass through connection" via ActiveSync for your internet connection.

An article describing how to set your SPV up for "Pass through connection" will be added to this web site very soon. Until then, look at the following Forum thread: Unlocking without GPRS

http://www.developers.orange.com/forums/sh...php?threadid=65

Guest buddylee

Has anyone updated from the qtek 1.50.9.1 ROM? I'm happy with the 1.50.9.1 but I really want the MSN fix. I'm in the US with an E100 on tmobile. From what it seems the update will work and the phone will remain SIM unlocked, and the ability to app unlock has been proven with the new 1.61 ROM. I was just curious to see if anyone has a comparison between the 1.50.9.1 and the 1.61.

I would like to have the Orange shortcuts plugin availble to me as well...

Thanks.

Guest azamsaghir

I have installed the 1.6 update on my E100 and all my software applications seem to work ok apart from Remote Display 2.03 which I downloaded from http://tinyurl.com/yj3d. When I launch Remote Display from the PC I get the error message 'Can't connect' displayed on the SPV.

Is it just me or can others also confirm compatibility problems?

Otherwise, no problems at all with installing the 1.6 update and performance generally appears more robust. Would like to wait and see some results regarding battery life before we can be entirely satisfied.

Overall, very happy so far.

My thanks go to Orange for breathing new life into my SPV E100 bought just 3 months ago. Thanks also to Mr. Orange for communications resulting in timely delivery of the update today.

Regards

Azam

Guest cyrilthefish
If you don't fancy messing around with USBTerm wait until next week for the restore tool :lol:

Just so everyone knows, USBTerm has been broken by the update, don't expect to be able to restore anything. :cry:

on the plus side:

menus are a lot faster (well, incredibly fast the second time you open them anyway)

SMS counter appears to work

GRPS hasn't got stuck on dialling so far

IA task manager in ROM (look for the extra IA folder in the start menu)

has a groovy shutdown screen :D

Thanks for that link aristoBrat! I believe I have found my problem.... On that site it says 'Then, you should be able to receive a binary SMS to unlock your SPV.'

I have just found out a few hours ago that my sms is no longer working on T-Mobile. Now I know why I haven't been receiving MSN alerts through sms for the last few days too! I called T-Mobile customer service and they said they have been working on the issue trying to get it resolved for a few days now!!! That's messed up... Must not be affecting everyone though because others on here seem to be getting decerted with no problems...

I do have to say that it appears the radio is working a little better here in my area of the US! That is very cool!

*Edit: I just called T-Mobile again to complain about sms not working... They again said it's a known issue 'in my area' and has been since Dec 1! They could send me to tech support, but they won't be able to help. It's in the hands of Engineers. They said there has been intermitten problems in all areas of the country... :evil: I need to install X-Bar and Richies alarm plugin!!

Anyone Knows when the swiss update will be release? or If the other update have the Italian language?

thanks

Strange, the Swiss update "Swiss customers - 1.6.5.10" is mentioned in the given page, but nowhere to find the link! :x

Have you tried putting the SPV in bootloader mode with the canary screen first, and then try the update ?

When I do that, the computer doesn't recognise/accept detection of the mobile device. What must be wrong ?

Guest nytehawk2002

Nothing bad to report here. Update went fine. Had to reconfigure T-Mobile USA settings but other than that it's cool.

If you haven't figured it out already, you can now move your ringtones from IPSMApplication DataSounds to Storage CardMy Documents and they work for all contacts and rings.

Everything worked first time here, OTA and all.

I've noticed that the SMS counter when gone over to 2sms, if you delete characters only refreshes when the focus is back on the TO: field.

An extra menu option "Send SMS" on the menu in contacts.

Composing has changed to "Insert contact" from "Add To" and lists all available numbers, not just mobiles and email addresses.

Extra app in Accessories, Authentication. Any GPRS guru care to explain what the options are and what they do?? :wink:

Can't find IA Space Maker, but I bought it ages ago.

Shortcuts has been renamed Speed Dial.

No pass through option in my Data Connections, had to modify the Automatic as described on coolsmartphone.

Bit confusing now as Radio Off is Aeroplane On / Radio On is Aeroplane Off but I'll get used to it. Alot faster changing between as well.

Phone alot faster and very pleased :lol:

At last! Thank you Orange.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.