UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

stohn [-X

Paul might not be happy with you posting another forum ( page 8 )

Maybe you should delete the link and ask him first, then if all o.k post again :lol:

Just a thought :?:

Guest rogerbates

NeilStewart wrote:

Ringtones on SD Card  

Is it just me - or can I not select Custom Ringtones from the SD card, only standard (i.e. system) ringtones?

No it's not just you, I can't either. It has really annoyed me as that was something that I was looking forward to on the update. :cry:

It would have made more sense to put the Custom Ringtones on the SD card and and the standard ones on the phone as you're likely to have more Custom Ringtones. Still what did I expect?

Back to editing the registry again I suppose :roll:

Guest lindsc1

Me too, have been grappling with this since I updated the Rom this morning! In the end I admitted defeat uninstalled Smarttones, rebooted and moved the sounds back onto IPSM folder!!

I'd be greatful if this could be resolved as having tones on my SD card help keep my phone memory free!!

Cheers

Chris

Guest rogerbates
have you tried to create a 'my documents' folder on your sd card??

Yeah already had one, took me a while to work out that is where they needed to be to get them to show up! Figured it out and moved them all in there. Even then though you can only select them on the sounds settings for specific tones. When you try and select them through Contacts you just get the default rings. Which means that I am going to have to as lindic1 said and move them all back to IPSM folder or edit the registry, which I didn't really want to do again.

Is there a way around this anyone? Is there a folder that needs to be created? Someone earlier said that they had ringtones for contacts.

Guest morpheus2702

On the subject of ringtones, use Midnight's tweak to get rid of the 3 second delay between the ringtone stopping and starting over again can still be used.

If I remember, use PHMRegedit to change the value of the sound setting from aw3pr to apr.

Guest mike-oh

what's happened to the orange update and backup ota facilities on the phone?

i'm getting an error saying it can't find the files or somat. i have shiny new icons for them in the start menu tho. no big loss really, i didn't use either of them that much. but it was nice to know the ota backup/restore function was there.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest kyrkesmith

Is it just me, or does the New menu in the Inbox takes a lot longer to appear now than it did prior to the update?

It's something I've noticed with the MPx200 too.

Guest rogerbates

Mike-ohalloran wrote:

what's happened to the orange update and backup OTA facilities on the phone?  

i'm getting an error saying it can't find the files or somat. i have shiny new icons for them in the start menu tho. no big loss really, i didn't use either of them that much. but it was nice to know the OTA backup/restore function was there.  

My backup and update work fine, I backed up before using the update and then restored again afterwards no problem. I don't have new icons though :lol:

Richie M wrote:

Yep, you have to create a My Documents folder on the Storage Card and put your wavs in it for it to work

I have got the folder and I can select the ringtones from the SD card from the sounds settings but I can't select them from the SD card in Contacts for a Custom Tone, I just get the standard ones (in IPSM folder). Is there a way of doing this?

I'm actually having problems replying to SMS - they appear to send but then I get a message a bit later saying it wasn't sent.

Sending normally (ie not replying) seems to work ok.

Other than that I LOVE the speed etc. great work! The update I have been needing in order to postpone upgrading for another while! (although I wouldn't have minded if I NEEDED to upgrade :roll: :lol:)

Guest rogerbates
I'm actually having problems replying to SMS - they appear to send but then I get a message a bit later saying it wasn't sent.  

I had the same problem, I think that it is something to do with restoring all your contacts from Outlook as it has spaces in and all sorts. Ran Paul's Outlook Tools and it seems to be ok now, at least so far! :lol:

All my contacts have no spaces though... and besides it is the replying to, so really the origin SMS number that _may_ have spaces in. Don't think so though... weird... i'll play some more later on but there is DEFINITELY something going on with replying to SMS.

Ah.. at last managed to unlock my C&W Guernsey sim E100 with latest update. changed internet settings to pass through, docked SPV in cradle, went to OTA site, filled in the details.. says update may take 5 mins... waited a while nothing?... decided to shutdown and restart then on restart it pops up with the comforting message your SPV is now unlocked :lol:

Modaco rules... you guys are all so helpful :D

Guest iangray

I can't find IA Photo Album and I miss it already.

I upgraded from I-Mate 1.5 which had IA Photo Album.

The upgrade went smoothly did it all from the canary screen with no problems, it is a vast improvement from the original 1.3. It even works better as a phone. OTA decert works fine.

Personaly I would have liked more functionality added i.e sending contacts via sms, voice dialling, alarm when switched off, some of the things I miss when I upgraded from my Nokia.

However if you take the overall functionality a great phone now with an improved heart

Guest Drift3r

Thought I'd let you know that I was having problems de-certing my phone OTA from Orange after the update too.

Nothing was happening after filling in my details, yet as soon as I connected to a website via PIE through GPRS, the de-cert message came through! Must work through GPRS somehow...

Guest dwlewisii

Ok,

The upgrade went great, the phone is sim-unlocked, but I've tried to app-unlock via orange's site, and it takes me to the page where it says that I should receive an sms that its been unlocked, but no such luck. i've scoured Modaco and read about the pass-through, but im not following why I need to do the pass through. do I need to access the site and try to decert via my phone?

I'm here in the US on AT&T, so if there is anyone out there that can maybe give me a more detailed instruct, or point me to a previous post, I'd be happy and ill send a pie to ya!

Guest squippo

just checking before i update to 1.6.

When i download and open the .exe file it is named 1.5?? did anyone else have this?

it also appears to have a backup function in the exe when opened.

Am i being stupid or have they swapped it back to 1.5?

Guest Darkaeden

Posted from my SmartPhone!

so they said theres not the italian language in the uk1.6?is in the french 1.6 update the italian language???please let me know,thanx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.