UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

This was posted previously so its just a reminder :wink:

If you are having problems with OTA over GPRS then check the disconnection timer in Programs - Settings - Data Connections

Menu - options

If the 'idle disconnect after' is set to 1 minute (or less) then change it to 5/10 minutes.

I get nothing but Error 102: IMage file checksum error

The ROM image file to be used for the update is corrupt. Download the correct ROM update and try again.

-----

I have downloaded the file 3 times now, using a download agent to make sure i get the full thing.

I also have an original SPV, uk version (as far as I am aware, orange supplied me with it)

I have tried a hard reset, tried doing the update on the Canary screen, still no luck.

Any help appreciated

The ROM image file to be used for the update is corrupt. Download the correct ROM update and try again.

-----

I have downloaded the file 3 times now, using a download agent to make sure i get the full thing.

I also have an original SPV, uk version (as far as I am aware, orange supplied me with it)

I have tried a hard reset, tried doing the update on the Canary screen, still no luck.

Any help appreciated

Guest casper508

Now this is the time when installing everything on the SD card comes in handy. Just backed up the startup folder on the phone before upgrading and that was it. Restored it later, restored the contacts and everything is now back to normal. (the messages /emails did get nuked tho).

Well done to Orange and Mr Orange for making sure the due date was met.

Cas

Guest zfarkas1

I made the upgrade on iMate (Qtek 7070), and it worked fine.

You need to use the ROM-patcher to decert (software unlock) the phone, and later can delete some orange stuff.

New ROM is really faster. Thanks Orange.

Guest Jasonkruys

-----

I have tried a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset, tried doing the update on the Canary screen, still no luck.

Any help appreciated

[-X That's your problem, using a download agent. Most download agents download the file in several parts and then re-merge them to one file at the end, resulting in corruption of some file types. Download without the manager and all will be fine

Guest squippo

managed to get it all working. and it is spot on. very fast. lost no battery cells as of yet. calls are crystal clear.

for people not wanting to loose their contacts just activesync them as i did.

after you have run active sync run the update.

When it is all done plug the phone back in (you will have to remove it as part of the update procedure).

You will have to setup activesync again and a box appears saying options including 'sync device from desktop' (or something along those lines). click that and hey presto. you will have all your contacts back.

I was clever and saved all the apps/games/sounds that i had in a folder before i intalled them so it was a matter of drag and drop.

The only awkward thing i had to do was do my various registry editing (took all of 5 mins)

Its not really worth waiting for the software in my opinion.

another bonus is that you get a clean phone to work on again!

Guest nytehawk2002

I had an odd incident today since my upgrade yesterday. My phone froze in PIE. I could navigate as many pages as I wanted.. but I couldn't Back out or Home out of PIE. I was able to do a proper shutdown though. So I shut it off and all was well when I powered back on.

Guest rogerbates

Has anyone else noticed some kind of automatic shutdown? I was playing around and it crashed, I pressed the Home button etc and nothing happened, couldn't do anything. Just about to remove the battery and it starts shutting down on it's own :shock:

Then it restarted again by itself and was fine :lol:

Has this always happened and I have just not seen it before or is this new?

As for the T9 it is remembering my words so far (24 hours now!) but won't really know for sure for a few weeks.

Guest Goutetsuu

Its damn good to see that the new update is here, i just have some questions about the new update, if anyone woulld care to answer:

1. does the T9remember all the words now, without forgetting any

2. does delivery reports always stay on with out having to set it for each text message

3. how much better is the battery

4. for GPRS, is streaming clips or listening to radio stations any better now that GPRS is fixed

5. does the phone still revert back to the home screen while using a program or accessing the menu or has this been fixed also

6. any improvements on midi quality (although i doubt there is, but hey its worth asking)

7. with texting can you write more than 160 characters

8. using the camera, has the refresh rate improved in anyway

9. using the phone to connect to the internet via the PC, has the conection speed improved

thats all for now until i update myself, adavanced thanks to anyone who manages to answer these questions, thanks

Guest Darkaeden

A QUESTION>

Does the 1.6 UK UPDATE has the italian language because i am an italian spv user????

Or does the 1.6 French update has it????Thanks in advantage???

...where is the swiss updsate????

Guest jstockton

Don't wanna burst anybody's bubble, but since updating, I have had the GPRS dialing problem about 5-6 times. This is about 5-6 times more than I ever had it before!

Has anybody else had this?

Guest rikconaghan

Hi all, i upgraded yesterday and just a couple of things i noticed. if any of you used to use the 'quick restart' utility (can't remeber where i got that from) be careful, i used it yesterday, and the phone, it seemed, did a hard reset, something which it never used to do. secondly i can't seem to access the ringtones from the sd card for custom ringtones for contacts, so i am presuming you will have to store them in the ipms (or whatever it is called!) as before. but otherwise been 24 hours now and no real problems to speak of, now the phone is a lot better and it is, dare i say it, an absolute joy to use! (not that i disliked it before!)

oh and one question, i use smart explorer on my phone, when i went to install it this time, i seemed to get a completely different version (which i had to get an activation code for, never had to before) i am (as far as i know) using the same program which was saved on the hard drive of my puter, any one any ideas? has this been updated or something? it is just i found the previous version better functionally.

Guest rogerbates

rikconaghan wrote:

if any of you used to use the 'quick restart' utility (can't remeber where i got that from) be careful, i used it yesterday, and the phone, it seemed, did a Hard Reset, something which it never used to do.

That sounds like what I did then, must have accessed it by my random button pressing or something, either that or it did it itself. Anyone any ideas where this 'quick retart' thing is?

I don't want to inadvertently do it again if it might do a reset of the phone.

Guest CarlJWhite
Don't wanna burst anybody's bubble, but since updating, I have had the GPRS dialing problem about 5-6 times.  This is about 5-6 times more than I ever had it before!

Has anybody else had this?

If you mean the problem when, after you have dialled GPRS for Internet Explorer or whatever, you cannot hang up by pressing the disconnect button then YES.. happened a couple of times now..

Thing is after a year of having my SPV it never happened to me.. but after the update it has started.. :?

Guest Pagemakers

Maybe it's the same as the E200. You are supposed to stay connected to GPRS permanently now.

On the E200 you press and hold the home key to disconnect. This allows you to lock your phone without disconnecting from GPRS.

About the quick restart utility, it has always been a bit dodgey, even before this update. It worked fine for me most of the time, but once it crashed my phone. If it has never happened to you before count yourself lucky. I'm sure I've read about others who had the same problem in the past. Best not use it at all.

Kevlar

Guest midnight
1. does the T9remember all the words now, without forgetting any
not sure, bit too early to tell i think

2. does delivery reports always stay on with out having to set it for each text message

same as before i think

3. how much better is the battery
reports of slightly better battery life, seems the same to me, but then, i always got between 2-4 days depending on use

4. for GPRS, is streaming clips or listening to radio stations any better now that GPRS is fixed

according to RichieM it has :lol:

5. does the phone still revert back to the screen while using a program or accessing the menu or has this been fixed also
erm, that has never been a problem.... programs>settings>Home Screen and set Time Out to Never, or any other time you wish.

6. any improvements on midi quality (although i doubt there is, but hey its worth asking)

same as before

7. with texting can you write more than 160 characters
yep, same as before, you've always been able to write more than 160 characters but at least now it has a counter to tell you how many you have in fact used

8. using the camera, has the refresh rate improved in anyway

seems same to me (as epected, the speed is cos of the serial port, not cos of the software)

9. using the phone to connect to the internet via the PC, has the conection speed improved
i would presume it has, but unable to test

thats all for now until i update myself, adavanced thanks to anyone who manages to answer these questions, thanks

glad to be of help :D

Guest bigkahuna

Has anyone elses battery life taken a turn for the worse since the update??

3 hours after a full charge it goes down to three bars then down to 2 bars after 12 hours!!

Before this I was getting 12 hours plus before it dropped down to three bars.

This is just with the phone on standby.

Grrrr, I would rather have a slow phone with longer battery life than the other way around!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.