UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

Guest rogerbates

GOBSMACKED - Absolutely fuc***g gobsmacked.

How on earth can they mess up bug fix after bug fix.

Who is responsible for this pathetic effort.

I can't type anymore because I can't find the words for my expletives.

Truly shocking piss poor performance.

I know what you mean it is now beyond a joke (1 year and 3 phones :x ), if it was some new, innovative, smartphone specific application perhaps....perhaps it would be understandable but this is T9!

T9 has been around for years, every other phone can manage it why can’t this one?

This is the most annoying thing about this phone, it can do things that no other phone can do, but it also can’t do things that EVERY other phone can do!

Guest morpheus2702

Tell me about it. Tried sending a MMS last night... find the camera, take a pic, fire up Smart MMS, insert, edit, send... fail. :?

Send again... fail, send again... fail. :x

Phone to Airplane mode, Airplane mode off. Send again... fail. :evil:

Phone off, phone on, send again... success!

Whereas my mate with a Samsung just went 'point, click, send'. :roll:

OK OK so I knew that my E100 didn't have an integrated camera when I bought it, even so sending a MMS is a royal pain in the arse.

Someone tell me that MMS is easier with a MPx200/E200?

Guest lindsc1

Morning, for those of you who made use of Smarttones to save ring tones to your SD Cards, and have now discovered this app no longer works with Rom 1.6.1! Fear not...

I discovered an app Jeyo Personalizer http://www.jeyo.com/products/JeyoPersonalizer.asp on MoDaCo which solves this problem!! Installed it on Friday (sorry for only posting now but have been away all weekend at a wedding!!) It's a tidy little app with some useful funtions, such as searching for .CAB files and installing them amongst others.

To see MoDaCo link goto http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...yo+personalizer

Chris

This 'update' seems to have had a negative impact on my battery life.

I have very light usuage i.e. maybe 4 - 5 texts per day and an alarm clock wav file in the moring.

Old ROM: 3 days battery life

New ROM: 1 day !!! Something very strange going on.

Greater Signal reception ,no more stuck in Search mode

I never had this problem UNTIL the upgrade..my signal used to be weak at home...now after the upgrade its non existant. I am completely unable to use my phone at home...incoming /out going / voice/ text / email...etc.

most of the time its just sat there in the cradle "searching", whats worse is that it doesnt seem to try and seek out the transmitters as Ive just driven all the way to work in north London (75 miles from home !!!) and its still searching.

This sucks !! what use is the phone to me now ?

I now have to phone up orange CS...there goes the rest of my day !!

Guest aristoBrat
This 'update' seems to have had a negative impact on my battery life.

I have very light usuage i.e. maybe 4 - 5 texts per day and an alarm clock wav file in the moring.

Old ROM: 3 days battery life

New ROM: 1 day !!! Something very strange going on.

Right after the update, my battery life kinda sucked too, but I was able to get two full days (50 hours) usage over the weekend. This included about an hour of calls, 20 minutes of IR active sync, and another hour of GPRS surfing.

Guest goudvarken

Right after the update, my battery life kinda sucked too, but I was able to get two full days (50 hours) usage over the weekend. This included about an hour of calls, 20 minutes of IR active sync, and another hour of GPRS surfing.

Hmmm My Battery Life also dont alst long but that also was before the upgrade I may be lcuky if i have 1 bar at the end of the day with somewhat of 15 %

Maybe That if you store everything on the sd card it makes a different because it has to read more or something

A well i don't mind the battery life because at every end of the day my spv goes in his cradle to Load the battery

Guest rogerbates
Never got that to work!? :? Even with creating a folder called Sounds...

I had trouble with that too, it works though if you have all the wav files in my documents folder on the SD card;

storage cardmy documents

I have also got them to work just on Storage card not in any folder

storage card

But you are right Jeyo Personalizer is much better, it actually searches your phone and SD card so you don't have to have them in a specific folder. It also still works if you edit the registry to get Custom Ringstones for contacts, which makes the Sounds menu in settings freeze.

Guest rcperez

that's weird? Anyways I just came from QTEK 1.50 it only lasted about a day or so for the battery life, with 1 bar of signal here on my computer room. From there I installed Orange 1.6 on a full charge I could now go to three days normal usage. It might be a demographical issue here. I'm using GSM900MHZ as my carrier from Globe Telecoms. I also successfully reverted back to I-mate 135 and QTEK 150 to do a comparison, no problem whatsoever. Then went back to Orange 160.

Phantom SMS still is present though.

i havent no...not exactly sure what they mean so i dont touch.

im on auto network selection..which i would have thought would change me from orange to whatever is available...

must say regarding the update im impressed with the increased battery life, im finding my battery lasts about 75% longer. Also think the abiity to have tones on the storage card without having to change the registery is a huge step forward.

Battery life is worse for me since the update.

I get less than 24 hours standby with very light usage.

I still get loads of egg timer when sending SMS messages.

Also my SPV now locks up every day at least once without fail. The only solution is to remove the battery, and switch back on again.

Orange will not replace my handset as the locking up fault is normal and a new handset will have the same problem.

That is what the helpdesk have told me.

This 1.61 update has not improved the phone very much :roll:

Guest aristoBrat
Battery life is worse for me since the update.

I get less than 24 hours standby with very light usage.

I still get loads of egg timer when sending SMS messages.

Also my SPV now locks up every day at least once without fail. The only solution is to remove the battery, and switch back on again.

Orange will not replace my handset as the locking up fault is normal and a new handset will have the same problem.

That is what the helpdesk have told me.

This 1.61 update has not improved the phone very much :roll:

Could there be some 3rd party app that you installed that's causing the lock-up problem?? I can't imagine that a clean copy of the updated ROM is acting that bad. :lol:

Guest rogerbates
What has happened to the Custom Ring Tones for Contacts? Edited the registry so that I could select my ringtones on the SD card in my documents and it seemed to work fine  :lol:  

They all showed up when I selected a Custom Ring Tone in contacts and I was able to select them no problem.  

Just to check I used my girlfriend's phone to call me now I know that the Custom Ring tone thing is a bit random so was expecting to have to ring a few times...

Called over 20 times and it played the default one everytime!  :x  

I have since tried this with other contacts and now the custom ringtone NEVER rings  :evil:  

AM I stuck with just one ringtone for everyone? Has anyone else had it working?

Sorted it I now have Custom Ringtones on my SD card, had to edit the registry and this time made sure that the default one (ringtone0 or whatever) was in the same directory, which I didn't do before.

I now use Jeyo Personalizer to set my tones for SMS etc and I can have ALL my tones on my SD card and they actually ring! :D

Bit annoying though as this was exactly what I was doing before update 1.61 :?

Still my phone is faster and there are lots of other benefits, just that Ringtones on the SD card is not one of them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.