AttachSmart Classic (free) - to send email attachments!

Guest The PocketTV Team

@howitzer_89

i've tested it working even on its previous version...

@The PocketTV Team

i've just downloaded and installed the 0.0.3 version when i saw your post about the 0.0.4 version... need to DL the newer one and have it installed on my phone...

i've another prog to tinker again... thanks for the updates! :)

will post any comments if i saw some...

Guest The PocketTV Team
can you add a function ?

To send contact by mail

Thanks for this interesting suggestion.

But is there a Contact "file format", so that the contact can be automatically installed in the Contact database when received ?

And if there is one, is there an easy way to create a contact file from a database entry ?

If not (and I don't think so), doing what you suggest would probably require some significant work.

We'll see what we can do.

Guest spvlover

High Smartphoners

@pocketvteam I have one little question concerning Attachsmart Classic or Signature Edidition.

On Attachsmart Classic, what is the small limitation that i read about on Smartphone.net?

I just wondering.... :?

Guest MoRFLeZ

The version I downloaded and installed today (0.0.9) has two limitations:

- You can only send 10 files pr day (Comment: Fair enough, but it seemed as if you started with a 24 hour countdown before you could send anything... not cool)

- You can only send files under 30kb (Comment: I guess it's fair enough, but seeing as I used the program for sending pictures.. which are mostly 50kb or larger ... I don't use the program anymore)

Of course one could argue that I could just buy the program, and I might if more features are added to it. But right now, Smart Explorer does a fine job attaching my images to e-mails.

I did like the fact that AS remembered which folders to go into when sending different stuff .. like txtfiles or images...

Guest spvlover

Hello again.

@MoRFLeZ Thanx for your in deapth reply :)

Very interessting.

I also use smartexplorer to send attachments, but to save attachments is a pain in the ...

Now with attachsmart the saveing of attachments is much easier.

Ill stick with Attachsmart because i think its a good app, but it should not be limited....

Anyway @Pockettv Team Great Work :D

Guest The PocketTV Team

> - You can only send 10 files pr day (Comment: Fair enough, but it seemed as if you started with a 24 hour countdown before you could send anything... not cool)

That only happens if you had an older version of AttachSmart Classic installed. The work around is to just remove AttachSmart (using Settings > Remove Application) and to install it again.

The reason for the problem is that older versions of AttachSmart used an incompatible Registry structure which was not removed when this new version was installed.

Let us know if you still have problems after doing that.

> - You can only send files under 30kb (Comment: I guess it's fair enough, but seeing as I used the program for sending pictures.. which are mostly 50kb or larger ... I don't use the program anymore)

Good point. We'll adjust this maximum size to support the common size of the photos taken by Camera-equipped Smartphones.

> Of course one could argue that I could just buy the program,

$4.99 is not a very high price. Especially given how low the dollar is! It's cheaper than Smart Explorer - that is, if you are honest enough to pay the price they request ($8.99).

> I did like the fact that AS remembered which folders to go into when sending different stuff .. like txtfiles or images...

Yes, AttachSmart remembers everything.

Guest The PocketTV Team
Hello again.

@MoRFLeZ Thanx for your in deapth reply :)  

Very interessting.

I also use smartexplorer to send attachments, but to save attachments is a pain in the ...

Now with attachsmart the saveing of attachments is much easier.

Ill stick with Attachsmart because i think its a good app, but it should not be limited....

Anyway @Pockettv Team Great Work :D

Thanks for the feedback!

We have received very few comments until now, even though about 1500 copies have been downloaded (not counting the copies that have been sent directly from Smartphone to Smartphone, since AttachSmart is the first self-replicating Smartphone application!).

We'll try to adjust the size limitations so that it is not a problem for casual users, but will nonetheless encourage others to purchase the inexpensive Signature version (no limitation, only for personal use) or the Enterprise version (no limitation, for commercial use).

You should note that AttachSmart Classic is now signed, so it runs on all Smartphones, including those that are application-locked.

Guest MoRFLeZ

I agree that the price of this software is VERY reasonable... and I probably will buy it as I find it very usefull!

Would be excellent if you would adjust the size for "the casual" user as you put it...

And uninstalling and re-installing did the trick with the 24hour limitation.

Thx and keep up the good work!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The PocketTV Team

We are considering changing AttachSmart Classic (the freeware) as follows:

1) Remove the size restriction - Currently AttachSmart Classic cannot send attachments that are larger than 30KB.

2) Remove the restriction on the number of JPEG images (e.g. photos) that can be sent (currently 10 per day).

3) Change the maximum number of other documents (other than JPEG images / photos) that can be sent to 3 per 24h period.

We feel that those changes would make life easier for casual users (who are mostly sending photos by email), while it would encourage others (power users, professional users) to purchase AttachSmart Signature Edition or Enterprise Edition, which have no limitations (and are cheap, too!).

Currently AttachSmart Classic cannot send documents more than 30KB, and it can only send 10 documents per day. With the change, there would be no size limit, and you would be able to send any number of photos.

Please let us know if you would support this proposed change.

Guest MoRFLeZ

As I've stated before, I think AttachSmart is a great app - and removing the restrictions will only make it better!!

Thumbs up for removing the restrictions...

Guest The PocketTV Team
As I've stated before, I think AttachSmart is a great app - and removing the restrictions will only make it better!!

Thumbs up for removing the restrictions...

The proposal is not to remove restrictions, but to change them. Basically we will lift restrictions on sending JPEG (photos), but still limit sending other types of files.

Naturally, on your point of view, getting free software with no limitation is always better. But on our point of view, getting more people to purchase the commercial version (without alienating casual users) is better :lol:

In particular, we want to encourage business users to purchase it, because Companies can afford to pay $10 for a useful little utility.

Guest MoRFLeZ

Remove restrictions .. or "just" changing them would have the same effect on this software I think... still thumbs up for changing the size limitations for casual users....

Naturally you want to make $$$ - and naturally I want to keep my $$$ *smirk*!

But a purrfect combination of price and a useful app - will even make me grab my wallet. And I think that you have hit the nail with the price ... looking forward to seeing what else you can (if any) bring in to the program!

Guest spvlover

:lol:

Hello Smartphoners

Well thats good to hear.You guys have indeed great plans and i think its a good compromise for all users

as said befor: Thumbs up!!!

Just one little thing. To buy you app, pockettv Team, or almost any other app from other producers, a credit card is allways needed.

If there wer another way of payment, id spend more money on apps as well...

I know i could allways ask a friend who has one but i dont want to bother my friends all the time to buy something by Internet.

Is there no other way??? :D

Thanx for all your works 8)

Guest The PocketTV Team

Usually credit-cards are the safest and most convenient ways to pay for software.

Other ways include means like PayPal, but I don't think Handango and PocketGear/Smartphone.Net currently take PayPal. You could suggest them to accept PayPal, maybe if they get many requests, they will support it.

Cash or checks require manual manipulations, so they are out of the question, since the entire payment process must be totally automated in order to limit costs (it would cost more than $5 to process a check, so it is not acceptable for small transactions).

We sell some of our applications through Kagi, which accept checks and cash, but it makes the entire process complicated and very slow (several weeks).

Guest The PocketTV Team
Good idea - I'm for it.

We have release AttachSmart Classic 0.0.10 with the changes discussed above, namely:

- No size limit (for any type of document)

- No limits on the number of JPEG images (photos) that can be sent

- For others types of documents, limit to 3 per 24h period.

AttachSmart Signature Edition and Enterprise Editions have no such limits.

• 2 months later...
Guest The PocketTV Team

Bummer... That's the first time someone reports a Smartphone where AttachSmart does not work.

Maybe Microsoft broke something in their email API.

Can you tell us the exact OS version and build ?

It should be in Start > Settings > About.

Also, if you can, please send the log file that is created when you run PocketTV Classic on your E200 (get is free from www.pockettv.com). This will give us more information on this ROM.

To create this log file, see instructions at http://www.pockettv.com/makelog_sp.html.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest pizdyetz77

Hi,

SmartAttach is great - thanks very much for the effort in making it.

Only gripe is this:

It's impossible to save a .cab or a .exe file that's attached to an incoming email. As soon as you click on it, it starts installing.

Any way around this?

GH

Guest The PocketTV Team

> SmartAttach is great - thanks very much for the effort in making it.

> It's impossible to save a .cab or a .exe file that's attached to an incoming email.

Yes, for CAB files, this is true, when you open them, they get installed and the CAB is automatically removed when installation is completed.

Exe files will not be removed, so you should have no problem copying them. But you need to open them from Inbox, which will execute them.

One way to recover the CAB file is to get it before opening the attachment. I forgot in what folder the email client stores it, but if I recall well, the attached files have different file names before they get opened (i.e. different from the name visible in the email), so the right one is hard to locate if you have several emails with attachments in your Inbox. Then, you can rename and copy the attached CAB file somewhere else using a file explorer, or using the browser included in AttachSmart.

Also, you can try the following: Open the CAB file, but do not answer to the confirmation message from the installer. Instead, go back to AttachSmart using the BACK button, or using Start/Program. Then you should be able to see the CAB file from AttachSmart in "Save Documents".

• 3 months later...
Guest snowman0792

I can't seem to save attachments using AttachSmart on my i600. AttachSmart instructs me to go back to Inbox and select the attachment before pressing the OK button in AttachSmart , which I do. But when I reopen AttachSmart after selecting the attachment, it doesn't seem to know that I've selected anything. Any ideas?