DX OS X

Guest msoliman

Has ANYONE had any luck getting this skin to work on a Samsung i600?! I've been trying to for days and I get an error (similar to what someone else in the forum had) stating,

"Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed b/c you do not have adequate system permissions. Please contact your service provider for more information."

Can someone please advise me?

Thanks in advance

Guest msoliman

I think it is "decerted." I have the Samsung i600 from Verizon, which I purchased like 5 days ago and I recently downloaded the registry fix which is on the Samsung website. Does that mean it's decerted? If not, can you give me specifics?

Guest carvas

decerted means that you can install any application on your phone. i really dont know how these things work on your samsung, dont know if it's similar to the SPV's.

try this, read my post carefully here:

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=389379

download the dx_osx2.zip file (which is down below, not the first zip file) and make the modifications i say there, which are the path where you exctract the files. in your samsung is different, where it is 'Storage' you should change to 'IPSM'...

Regards!

Guest tuputamadre
Name:

DX OS X

Author:

Randy Nivales a.k.a. DarXkin

Features:

Desktop  

Docked Menu

Missed Calls  

All Day Event

MRU/Inbox/Calendar/Profile

Programs

Dial

Information

Confirmation

Alert/Error

Volume

ActiveSync

Incoming Call  

"Animated" Startup

"Animated" Shutdown

Media Player

DX Collections

CAB installer  

Comments:

Some menus are accessible only if you are using SMART ROM (Smart Philippines).  for ORANGE rom: click here to download the fix.

To install:

Place the CAB file on your phone and execute.  Restart your phone.

Screenshots and Downloads:

Guest loratio

Absolutely brilliant Randy!

It happens very rarely that I see a gui-skin that seriously enhances the original platform without unnecessary clutter, but this just rocks.

It inspired me to give SmartPhone theme design a go and "borrowed" most of "your" xml (hope you don't mind :D )

I must admit though that I'm using my own skin now :lol:

Again, absolutely brilliant! ;)

Cheers!

Guest jsg

I just had my SAP yesterday and installed this skin. All I can say that it has greatly enhanced the experience of using a smartphone. Mabuhay ang pinoy!

Guest Gavo09

i think i screwed up.

i installed this skin and then found it only affected my 'programs' screen

then installed another skin.

now i get my current screen on the main screen and then the rest are part of the MAC screen

how do i uninstall the skins? and set back to default???

please help!!

Guest carvas

some themes need programs to run properly, in this case it doesn't need, maybe your phone is not decerted... search the forum about this issue...

regards!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com
Hi there,

How do I go about installing skins that are .CAB files?

Thanks

Put it in the Start Menu Folder.

This is one of the very very basics, you will find it anywhere on this forum if you search.

Guest carloflores_4

greetings! i just installed this skin, and it really looks good! but 1 thing wrong is that when i do a shutdown, i still get the startup gif... not the shutting down...

HELP!

:-(

Guest gmail

(Posted this in the general customisation discussion thread for this skin but maybe here would be a better place - so apologies for cross-posting!)

I'm completely stuck with this homescreen. Could someone who has a working version on a 2003 OS Smartphone please post their XML file? I either get the 'no valid homescreen images could be found' error, or a blank screen, or some other odd combination. I've tried all kinds of XML files but no luck. And I LOVE this screen...

Guest Colonel Trouble

I've just installed it on my mpx200 ... Its good but very annoying at the moment because the home screen is 2 quarters of another image "illumination" or something that comes on the phone , whereas the little programs quick menu is the mac os skin picture . How would I make it all the mac os ???

Thanks!!

Guest AdvanceXi

I've installed the dx_osx2_ipsm.cab file and after uninstalling the homescreen I found out that some of my original homescreen e.g like volume control screen is not working.. Could Randy or anyone help me or upload the original homescreen for me please.. I appreciate for everything you did.

Guest nikjensie

Don't know if it's to anyones interest but I really liked this skin but wanted some extra stuff done, like the SMS/eMail count so I changed some stuff.... (see screenshot). Also changed the last "Links" shortcut to a Tasks-shortcut...

Screenshot1.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.