DX OS X

Guest toshio

Just downloaded and installed! It's perfect! but i can only manage to get the 1st 4 items on the dock working...after profiles i can't access at all! any clue? I am using O2 Xphone.

Thanks PALS/ :D

Guest toshio

Right guys, tried uninstalling but failed. I have removed the .xml file from StorageApplicationDataHome but still can't resolve. Wat other things i need to do before i could uninstall it?? :D

Guest Mother_Lepard

Change the background, for example simple, and then reboot the phone...the background will be normal again :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jerryv

I used to install this extremely cool screen. my problem is it replace the default screen of the phone. To whatever theme I change, the default of os x still remain in background. I try to remove and re-installed but it's failed. on remove function of the phone, it could read as "faile to remove". On re-installed, also failed to installed.

I wish some could help suggest how to fix this. thanks a lot.

Guest nikjensie

mrrippey,

well, all I did was adding an actual counter to the SMS-screen... Just for SMS and eMail though I'm afraid. If you want the xml and graphics... let me know.

Nik

Guest caveman

nikjensie,

I am about to toss this screen, but I am an avid Macintosh use and I can't get myself to do it. :-)

I even use Pocket MAC to load everything on my smartphone. If you could send the XML and the icons I would really appreciate it.

I just don;t like opening all my inboxes to see whats is there. I have an MPx200 with 2003.

Thanks!

Guest Phantasma
Don't know if it's to anyones interest but I really liked this skin but wanted some extra stuff done, like the SMS/eMail count so I changed some stuff.... (see screenshot). Also changed the last "Links" shortcut to a Tasks-shortcut...[/quote

Is this version posted somewhere already?

TIA

Guest Geeklord

I'm a mac user and I can say that this skin does justice to the platform. Pulled a quick one on my fellow "Windows 2002" SAP users :P

Guest rizzles

i have recently flashed my phone back to the 2002 ROM so now when i try the fix for this home screen the xml is wrong ie the folder is not IPSM. so how do i go about editing the xml?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest kaseho

Hi all, I am sorry for being stupid, but I downloaded this theme and installed it in my SP2002. Half of it went over. Is it a compatibility issue? How do I solve this problem.

cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest TheChozen

Anyone (or nikjensie), can you supply me with the picture and XML for the mail/SMS counter? I'd really like this for my version?

Thx

The Chozen

Posted from my SmartPhone!

really nice style man!!!

i'm using it on my orange spv c500...

1 question......a few shortcuts don;t work....could u make a fixed xml file?

these shortcuts don;t work:

- album

- nternet explorer

- media player

- msn

- and that last icon

I don't know much about editing homescreens but I am using this mac os homscreen now and was wondering if it is possible to freeze the icons in the bottom of the screen....what I mean is that when I choose the first icon it fx. goes to "Power tasks"(the one I use most) then if I have been using some other software the icon is being replaced by that so I can never be sure what software is at the first icon.......I really hope you understand what I mean and I am of course very sorry if it has been asked before:-)

Guest durzagott

Please can somebody help me!!

I am brand new to the whole smartphone thing. I just got my Orange SPV c500 last week and I would really like to use this great-looking skin. Can someone please give me an idiot proof guide to installing it? I've read through each and every single post in this thread, as well as another thread that is linked here somewhere. But I still can't get it to work!!! All I get is a "home page layout missing" error.

I decertified the phone already. (Have done a hard reset though, don't know if that recertifies it)

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

Truly Amazing Home Screen !!!!! BIG PROPS FOR THIS ONE !!!!!

New Apple IPhone :idea:

I live with a APPLE addict, thus I thought I install the Mac OS X Home Screen and play a joke on her! - She has the IPOD, IBOOK, and IMAC. hehe - So, I came home yesterday and told her I got a new cell phone. - The new IPHONE. - LOL - She was flipping out!!!! LOL - she saw the phone and thought it was a REAL APPLE IPHONE. - immediately she wanted to know where I got it, how much it was and how I got my hands on it because she didn't see it in the news!!! - let me tell you, I got her good!!! SOOOO GOOD!!!!!

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, I like the screen so much that I want to keep it. (besides it is nice to see her jealous eyes wondering over my phone when it lays on the table ,-) ... so here to my questions:

1. I would like to keep all the desktop icons (HDD/Service and Clock/Date) when I switch into the lower menu line. - as of right now these disappear with the top line symbols (antenna, gprs, batter, line etc symbols) when I go the the button menu icons. --- Is that normal? Can it be changed, so that they stay? If Yes, how do I need to edit XML code?

2. When I scroll through the lower menu line and hit the last symbols (starting with Camera), it adds a orange ball with arrow in the upper left corner. --- What is that? Can I take it out? If Yes, how do I need to edit XML code?

3. When going selecting the first symbol of the lower menu line I can select other symbols (the standard MS symbols). --- Is that normal? Should this 'square smile' icon been for something else? If I don’t want it is it possible to take it out? If Yes, how do I need to edit XML code?

4. I saw that somebody posted a very cool SMS/Email Counter and I think it rocks. --- Does somebody have the XML code for that?

5. Somebody added a few different icons in the lower menu line and linked them to programs. --- Is it possible to post the post pics AND xml code for those pics and commands? (at least for the common ones: Tasks, PocketTV, etc)

I love this screen, I cant wait to customize it to all my needs.

I really appreciate your advice and answers.

Regards, Max

Guest nikjensie

1. I would like to keep all the desktop icons (HDD/Service and Clock/Date) when I switch into the lower menu line. - as of right now these disappear with the top line symbols (antenna, gprs, batter, line etc symbols) when I go the the button menu icons. --- Is that normal? Can it be changed, so that they stay? If Yes, how do I need to edit XML code?

------> Sorry, no can do, the Homescreen is built in pages and the page with that info is at the top, thus disappears when you "scroll" down...

2. When I scroll through the lower menu line and hit the last symbols (starting with Camera), it adds a orange ball with arrow in the upper left corner. --- What is that? Can I take it out? If Yes, how do I need to edit XML code?

------> Have no answer since it doesn't happen to me. An Orange Network thing maybe?

3. When going selecting the first symbol of the lower menu line I can select other symbols (the standard MS symbols). --- Is that normal? Should this 'square smile' icon been for something else? If I don’t want it is it possible to take it out? If Yes, how do I need to edit XML code?

------> It's normal if you mean your MRU (Most Recently Used) icons...

4. I saw that somebody posted a very cool SMS/Email Counter and I think it rocks. --- Does somebody have the XML code for that?

------> That was me, sent to you in PM

5. Somebody added a few different icons in the lower menu line and linked them to programs. --- Is it possible to post the post pics AND xml code for those pics and commands? (at least for the common ones: Tasks, PocketTV, etc)

------> Haven't seen that... are you talking about the ones after the Camera one?

Good Luck!

Nik

Guest rctempire

Hello, i just installed this on my phone and then i uninstalled it due to i need space for some more songs on my phone. Now when ive uninstalled it the menu background is still there. How do i get rid of it and change it back to the blank white one as i cant see anything to well. This is the Orange SPV c500. Any help would be great. Thanks rctempire

EDIT- I didnt make this two clear. Its the menu style and the picture behind it also when i phone someone its to dark. Please help. thanks.

EDIT 2 - I found a way round this. I explored my phone and delete any traces of the Xskin directories and it worked fine. But a great skin none the less.

Guest coolandfast

@nikjensie

i also would love to install this sms/email screen. can you provide the files and code to do this?

many thanks....

btw: this is the best homescreen i have seen so far....!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.