how many e200 owners waiting for tech supp?

Guest bikespod

He he - brilliant! Here's a new one ...

I got an sms today asking me to phone Orange CS on 151 & quote a reference no. They said they had a message for me from tech support!! Imagine my suprise when the message did NOT say "listen, just **** off will you", but instead said they want me to swap sim cards with someone else on an Orange contract, & then tell them whether the buzzing stops in my e200 with a different simcard. or whether it starts buzzing in another handset with my simcard!

Bizzare stalling tactic if you ask me. Mrs is out tonight so cant test it til tomorrow, when I'm quite sure it'll prove to be arse. You know, look Orange, its either the handset hardware design, or its the software, simple as that. Its not a bloody network problem, its nothing to do with the simcard... just get off your backsides, get HTC to give you a rpoduct that actually works, & then give us all replacements for the faulty goods we have paid alot of money for.

Guest hamed khan

I'm not too happy with Orange Support at the moment, normally they are pretty spectacular, but they let me down big-time this one time.

When I recieved my third replacement from Orange, I phoned them to inform them that the handset still had the same buzzing problem, to which I was told the matter would be passed onto the Technical department and I would be phoned with a response. True to their word, they responded (suspiciously fast), to tell me that the phone call quality was deemed NORMAL. How the HELL can they turn around and say that without HEARING the problem? They had based that answer on nothing else but a bunch of questions, which I had answered for the FOURTH time (if they felt it appropriate to replace the handset the first THREE times they asked me the same questions, to which I gave the same answers, how should the fourth time be any different?). Anyway the lady then told me that there was pretty much nothing I could do, and I was stuck with the handset. I was not prepared to accept this, so argued hard for 20mins about how the answer was totally unreasonable, after which she agreed to mail the technical department again for a more reasonable explaination. What really pissed me off was that I had to waste 20mins of my time, to get her to do that, when she could have just as easily done that straight away (Its been a week and no reply by the way).

Very disapointed with you Orange, and I can't believe they still insist there are no reports of the buzzing problem, how incompotent do you have to be? If Orange are indeed in some sort of relationship with MoDaCo, they should have heard this a mile off.

& of course the result of the simcard swap had absolutely no effect whatsoever! So phoned back CS & told 'em ... they are sending replacement no. 4 tomorrow between 1 - 5pm.

I would obviously expect to be reporting a continuing buzzing problem at 5.01pm to Orange CS! :twisted: If I'm not then I'll be on the forum gloating at 5.02pm!! :)

Actually, it has to be said that this one is the best so far!

Can still hear the buzzing when at OCS intro recording, but once thru to them it was OK! Still pretty crappy when I phone some landlines too!

Obv I DID phone CS to report another buzzing speaker! But they did phone back later on today to say that tech support have asked them to tell me that the problem is under investigation.

So, at least they aren't trying to fob it off with lame excuses!

Guest bikespod

Glad you have got a good-ish one at last. :D

I've noticed that it is not only bad to the dalek woman at 150, but especially bad when talking to someone who is on a cordless land line. I can barely understand a word when i talk to my dad, who has a very low voice too, but my mum's nearly as undecipherable.

Every cloud has a silver lining. :)

Actually, thats weird, coz my Da is on a cordless landline & even with this slightly better e200, I can barely make out a word (a silver lining indeed!! :) ). But my Ma is on a cordless landline too which is notoriously bad even from other landlines, but I can hear her OK with e200!??

Odd. Would seem to suggest that call quality has nothing to do with what type of phone you are calling. Go figure! :shock:

Hmm i have had my phone for a week and some times its really hard understanding what people are saying. Just phoned tec support and they ran a test on the phone. Its come back as faulty?!?! they siad i need to go back to car phone ware house and get a replacement, reading what you lot have said on here it looks like im going to get another faulty one.

What types of test to they run at the tec support to know thats its faulty?

Cheers

Baker0

Guest sgraham

I've had enough of Orange's evasion and denial tactics. I've sent them an email today asking them for an statement of action. Under the Sales of Goods Act they are obligied to make a warranty fix within a reasonable timescale or offer a like for like replacement, obviously the like for likes are just as bad. As they are a service driven company I fail to see over a month, in some cases, as reasonable. I'd be happy to get the Office of Fair Trading involved in this, whats your guys thoughts on gathering names addresses and mobile numbers to include in the letter? I could set up a small web site to collect the data??

Guest bikespod

:lol: Count me in, i'm on my fourth replacement. May i suggest a fresh post to make sure you get all the E200 users attention. The more bods the more weight to our argument. Do it, pls.

Guest sgraham

Well Orange called me back tonight 10 mins after I threatened to cancel my contract, and are replacing my phone in the morning. If the replacement has the buzzing then Ill get a new post going and we can gather some names up.

I'm also pressing on an answer over the free memory card. I was told by Cust Services that it wasnt available on upgrades. Yet when I select 'Your Handset' and select MY phone it says its free....doenst mention anything about not free with handset. Orange seem to have lost the meaning 'free', again this is something I'm prepared to raise with The Office of Fair Trading if need be.

Guest bikespod

:lol: I'll look forward to your post then, because i'm sure your new one will buzz. If by some strange twist of fate it doesn't let us know and i'll be pressing for no.5. I hope you realise you are probably getting a reconditioned one that was sent back for some other problem. My last one has the sharing violation problem from the moment i fired it up and used smart explorer to investigate the file structure. good luck. Lets def do this, and see it through to the end, or there is a risk we will just end up putting up with it.

Guest blowdart

I've logged one technical fault with smtp.orange.net 2 weeks ago, their promised call back/email never arrived. When I logged a technical fault with S-SMTP yesterday (not that I believe they understood, or that it will be acknowledged or actioned - Mr Orange if you're reading this they wouldn't even give me a call reference number) I discovered they had fixed the fault, but didn't have the courtesy to let me know.

Oh and they point blank refuse to accept a long list of complaints about the E200.

i must be lucky i dont have the buzzing problem only sometimes it sounds like a mouse on the other end of the phone as the volume is tooo low in games its perfect, do the buzzing gang have a good volume??? :lol:

I'm in too. I am getting my third replacement today! found out that my last one was a re-conditioned one! I wasn't having that! I am getting a boxed new replacement today! When will this stop! There is no other phone out there like this one so i am not going to take the offer of a different handset replacement! They offerred a mpx200, treo600, e100 as a replacement! if they would have said p900! I might have said yes!

I think we should take this further for sure!

Guest bikespod

:evil: :evil: :evil: Now i'm really pissed off. Rang customer support to check on progress of the action regarding buzz that someone said they would email tech support about and get back to me. NO reply and worse still there was no action logged into tech support :shock:

This is inspite of me logging this problem virtually the next day after recieving the handset as an upgrade when it was released. I'm going to phone now and have a rant.

Guest sgraham

Its a new day, its a new dawn, its a new phone and a new buzz....and you know how I feell.....well cheesed off. Myself and my housemate got new SPV's today, mines was my 2nd and his was his first. Batchs 451 and 452 respectfully.....bother with built in buzzers. Just about to call orange about it. I got an email back from office of fair trading saying they didnt want anything to do with it and pointed me in the direction of my local trading standards office. So i'll check it out and get a post together when I have the right people to contact.

Also having problems pairing the bloody thing with the BMX X5 onboard bluetooth device, anyone else came across this combo?

Guest Preacher

I pop back here every now and then to follow up on the E200 faults after returning mine due to Bluetooth Difficulties in mid December; I see that nothing has changed.

For the same reported difficulties Orange refunded my money and applied a £100 (incl of Vat) goodwill gesture to my acount. I was also permitted to upgrade to a P900 which I actually love (it was worth the money).

So my suggestion is: Kick tech suppts butt; they know what is going on. Also when visiting the Orange Stores I see very few staff with E200s; I wonder why?

If the E200 did not have these difficulties it would be one of the best phones on the market (at it's price the best).

well they just rang!

lets replace your new e200 (still with plastic on it). with a..........

RECONDITIONED handset.

OR

have a treo/mpx/e100 ?? YEAH RIGHT!

I've asked for a response from tech support as to what the problem was, and if it's fixed in this recon handset!

...and then they cut me off!

Will

Guest bikespod

:evil: Not quite the reply you were after I take it?

It's pretty much what i've come to expect, after they just cancelled my action with tech support, no reason given, definitely no answer given, just stopped it.

There is definitely a cover up going on, and as far as i can gather they intend to do nothing about this problem.

Come on sgraham, get that list compiled, i'm sure there will be lots of people on this forum willing to back your actions. :lol:

TBH, I've been trying to look into the legalities of this regarding T&C, but its such an enormous grey area, & its hard to get a straight answer.

Some people I've spoken to say "yes, you DO have a reasonable claim against Orange, coz your goods are faulty, and unfit for purpose (sale of goods act) ..."

Others say "well, you had 14 days to change your mind, so you really lose any claim about faults etc if you hold onto it despite these faults, beyond the 14 return period ..."

I can see the merit in both rationales, and ATM I am of the personal view that it HAS been my choice to keep the e200 (I've been offered DMR twice and refused, pretty much for the same resons as Will - treo, mpx no thanks, e100 ... are you serious??). The last time I spoke to Orange about this (about 2 weeks ago) they offered me a replacement e200, which I took, and said that if I wanted to change my mind about the DMR, I could phone them back. I was quite happy with the deal, and they said that meanwhile, allegedly, tech support are still looking into the problem. Mmm ... how reassuring! :lol:

But, it is all down to MY choice to keep the phone in the first place, so while the offer is still available to get a replacement of a different phone - even tho it would be an inferior model - I think its fair enough really. I WANT them to fix it of course, but we cant expect Orange to perform any kind of commercial miracles, you know! There is no equivalent SP2003 product on the market, so all they can do is offer to give you a different phone, which obviously will be inferior - fair do's!

I've spoken to a few people I know who work in the industry, and genearlly the concensus is that it is a HARDWARE problem - case design is the favourite option, with the slits beside the speaker being a popular culprit. Personally I think this theory is given a bit more credance by the fact that a few people have posted about putting tape or stuff over the earpiece having reduced the buzzing. Either that, or the second most poplular theory - sh**y apeaker!

If any of those things prove to be true, in order for the e200 to EVER work, the entire phone casing/speaker system would need to be redesigned & manufactured - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN EVER IN A ZILLION YEARS. A mate who works for a popular high street retailer, claims that the e200 is still outselling the SPV in comparative scales, and they have an enourmous amount of people who complain about the speaker quality, get offered a replacement with a different phone, & refuse it!

So, there is no visible incentive for Orange to actually fix the problem (if it IS hardware). People are still buying & holding onto the phones. So what if a few disgruntled customers are giving off on a website - you know! In a few months time we'll all be drooling over the next phone ...

Lets face it, from the evidence of the past year or so, Orange clearly isnt that bothered about what people think. There may be an "official" Orange prescence on the forum, there may well be hundreds of 'em ( :D ) - at the end of the day, all the problems with SPV/e100 were discussed at length, in detail, on this forum, and it made absolutely bugger all difference to anything with the e200. Very few of the actual problems with any of the SPV range have ever been addressed, and the updates that were available were too few, too late & too little.

I do wonder sometimes tho - what does MS think of all this?? They ARE avery image conscious as a company, especially ATM, and they MUST be aware of the problems with this phone.

I'm really trying to hold myself back from just packing it in & getting an mpx200 ATM. Every call I make thats inaudible (which seems to be alot) pushes me closer to trying out a different phone. I would love to hold on long enough for the mpx220, but I'm not sure if I can!

I would be very disappointed to abandon the SPV range! Its been a fun year or so, but when you think of the battles ... :( it makes me weary! I have completely lost faith in the SPV and Orange. Its a shame, coz SP2003 rocks - the new homescreen plugins rule!! & to think it must be an actual Orange dept that did that coding!! :shock: It is beyond me how a company that seems almost pathalogically desperate to not give a toss about their customers, they clearly have staff working ont he SPV product that are innovative, & are trying to push the smartphone forward. Strange!

But you gotta face it when its not working out - Orange have given it a go with the SPV range, it could be the greatest phone ever, but it just hasnt got the company behind it that needs to be there. Maybe Orange should just stick to providing network service. At least motorola have actually made phones before.

I just can't see that Orange will/can do anything about it. If it was a software problem then surely it would have been identified by now, & in an effort to stop people returning phones, they would definately be telling us that there was an update due out to fix it any day now. I wouldnt be at all suprised if tech support are not "working" on the problem. Theyre probably far too busy sending emails back to 156 telling people to switch their phones off/on to fix their GPRS problems :(

I wanna win the mpx in the comp!! Will - can you sort it! :(