E200 Issues - Discussion

Guest Will

I have not got an E200 yet as my contract is not up for another couple of months. I am using the old spv.

The thing I would like most on this phone is a search facility on the calendar. I think it is a must for any business user!

Simon

Guest Mr_Protozoa
MSN messenger working over bluetooth internet connection.

EDIT - Will - Added

Do you mean using messenger over a bluetooth passthru connection?

I've got it working on my e200.

i'm going to remove all the posts in here, where they have been added to the first page, and all the discussion posts to another topic.. probably tonight..

If this upsets you, please post here today!

Will

hi will and all readers heres one for you on the white line on the E200 screen why is it if you play toki tori or just open the programme and click on exit to go back to the menu only to find the white line has gone????? it returns on the next start up .... mr orange any answers to why a game can remove that white line everyone has???? will any programme ideas eg a start up prog?? :lol: :D :( :(

This may of come up already

Choosing auto mode when recording video makes it run very very slow and hang after 10 seconds while still recording the sounds

Cheers

Baker0

EDIT - Will - Works fine here? anyone else getting that problem?

Guest shadamehr

The issue of the GPRS symbol (the one on the asignal strength bar, not the standard G) staying on when a connection has been made. Its causing me problems, becuase I just realised, on any other phone I own, after i send an MMS picture message, the notification will go off once the message has been sent successfully.

With my E200 however, I am knackered... If I send an MMS, as soon as I click to send, the phone tells me it has been sent (striaght away of course - so I guess THIS is the bug - it pops up far too quick for it to be a REAL and TRUE notification that it has been sent).

Then the GPRS connected logo comes on, and stays on.

So, becuase the 'sent' notification for MMS is NOT true, as it says this as soon as you click on send almost, and becuase the notification of GPRS connected logo stays stuck on, it means the E200 gives you no way at all to know if and when an MMS has succesfully been sent.

Try it and see what I mean folks...

EDIT: Will - ADDED

Guest badboy4life

Yeah i've noticed this, one thing that i do is load up the folder view for MMS and it'll show 'Outbox (1)' and then when this changes to 'Outbox' you can tell it's been sent and so can disconnect GPRS.

I know its not ideal and the problem needs fixing but its the best way at the moment.

Guest shadamehr

^ Thanks guys - at least now I know my problem is not only not unique, but pretty much generic.

What a farce again.

Nice suggestion about the outbox checking too mate - but it makes you wonder what is so smart about my smartphone, that has lots of stuff missing an entry level basic phone has...

Frustrating to say the least.

Guest sgraham

not sure if this is much help but i had an arguement with orange about that G symbol staying on last night and they told me to hold down the home button and an addition menu pops up to let you disconnect GPRS......maybe one of those features will help, ive not had a play about with them

but it makes you wonder what is so smart about my smartphone, that has lots of stuff missing an entry level basic phone has...

Frustrating to say the least.

I think it's because you have to be smart to use it properly :roll:

Guest simon.haffenden

Wish set ie to allow different URL endings when typing. eg when typing in google get offered .co.uk and .com in list not just .com (i am not in the usa!!!)

just a bit of a rant had this prob with the spv as well

Guest shadamehr
not sure if this is much help but i had an arguement with orange about that G symbol staying on last night and they told me to hold down the home button and an addition menu pops up to let you disconnect GPRS......maybe one of those features will help, ive not had a play about with them

It does indeed do this mate, and is a fairly well known fact.

The point being of course, that you dare not DO THIS, because of the point I made, because you don't KNOW when it is safe to disconnect GPRS as you don't get a REAL notification that your MMS has really been sent.

So you either leave this on for ages, just to hope that it got sent and still not really know, or disconnect, possibly too early, and spoil sending of the message.

What a farce.

ANYWAY, Mr Orange,

This list is now reaching GARGANTUAN proportions of things that desperately need putting right.

But if you wait for us to finalise the list, I suspect we will never see an update come out, as we will no doubt constantly keep finding more and more errors at this rate.

So that being the case, can you bring together the already huge list we have came up with, and tell us when we are gonna get an update please?

As I think you will have to agree, a list of 50, or maybe even more, key defects, bugs, and functionality issues with the E200 not only cries out for a VERY QUICK update to resolve them, but makes you wonder how the handset ever made it through Quality Control in the first place.

Especially in light of the claimed Meticulous level of Quality Control (?!?) carried out where 'Signature Devices' are concerned.

And adding one to the list, the issue of the Automatic Profile switching the phone to silent when ANY meeting is found in the calendar, not just a 'Busy' Status meeting.

The response I finally got back from Tech Support, was that this is exactly as it should be, and by design.

Why would ANYTHING, that makes the feature of no use to man or beast, be 'by design'?

Please look into making sure that in future, the phone only switches into silent mode when the Auto profile is used, when it finds entris in the calendar that are set to BUSY only, whihc is the only way the facility can then be useful...

Just another one to add to this huge list...

Guest shadamehr

Starting to share your sentiment mate...

Strange, because NOT being cynical, but when I first joined this forum, in the run up to the UK launch of the E200, Mr O seemed to be quite regular on here.

Maybe he's just very busy making sure the powers that be bring in the fix as promised.

And again, no I'm not being cynical...

;-)

I've discovered that the media player volume can't go higher than what's in the volume keys.

Let me explain.

Say you set the volume to 50% using the sidekeys, open media player, the volume can only be adjusted from 50% down to 0%, if you want to increase the volume you have to use the side keys, hit done then fine adjust it down.

EDIT Will - ADDED

Guest MrZaphod

Wishes: 

sms delivery reciepts

Doesn't really explain the point very well, I think what was wanted was a way of setting sms delivery reciepts on or off for all sms's you send! If were going to send this to Orange, they need to know clearly what features we want!

Edited - Will- is that what you mean?

Yes! Thanks a lot!

Guest MrZaphod

My own personal list of 'that be cool' wishes / rant:

1) Have a proper help for all the phone functions on the phone.

2) Most of the rest are to do with the bluetooth:

i) When I select 'Connect via Bluetooth' in ActiveSync on the phone, give an option to switch on bluetooth if it is switched off, rather than fail, or switch it on automatically.

ii) Make the quicklist (when you hold down the 'home button' options toggleable e.g.

I would like to be able to:

select quicklist 3 to switch on bluetooth, when bluetooth is off

select quicklist 3 to switch off bluetooth, when bluetooth is on

iv) Change the settings for 'allow incoming beams' so that:

a) it's on a timer, and you know how long before it switches off, and you can control that time.

:lol: it makes your phone discoverable on bluetooth, and switches bluetooth on

c) that there's an icon that lets you know that your phone is in the above mode.

d) also add this to quicklist, or let us add stuff to the quicklist menu. (I think this has already been added)

Or am I being too pedantic with my new baby?

Just as a bit of info on the post a bit further up this thread about not knowing if your MMS has been sent in full from your fone. What I do, and it seems to work well for me is after you get the useless "Message Sent" display on the fone after sending, go to the "show Folders" part of outlook for MMS, ur message will be sat in the Outbox until sending is complete then it will drop down into the Sent box. It's then safe to disconnect GPRS.

Guest carlosp_uk

Hello. I've discovered a couple more bugs that I can't find on the main sticky. Forgive me if this is a duplication.

1. SMS COUNTER

When you're typing an SMS, the xx/160 counter at the top of the screen DOESN'T decrease if you start deleting characters! It only updates when new characters are entered.

2. 'SAVE' COMMAND

If you scroll down the list of recently dialled numbers, then press the hotkey to 'Save' one, you get the error 'No Phone Number Specified'. This is because it tries to save the currently entered number in the top field of the display, rather than the highlighted number. Possibly by design, but if so - a terrible design!

Guest badboy4life

I've noticed in media player when its playing a playlist the backlight comes on everytime the next track starts, surely this uses up unnecessary battery life.

Guest DancingMatt
Hello.  I've discovered a couple more bugs that I can't find on the main sticky.  Forgive me if this is a duplication.

1. SMS COUNTER

When you're typing an SMS, the xx/160 counter at the top of the screen DOESN'T decrease if you start deleting characters!  It only updates when new characters are entered.  

What?!?! :?: :!: Really? I haven't seen anyone else post this problem - can anyone confirm it?

Just going to prepare a wall to bang my head against. And find a better mobile to buy...

DM