E200 Issues - Discussion

Guest Will

Guest shadamehr

What?!?! :?: :!: Really? I haven't seen anyone else post this problem - can anyone confirm it?

Just going to prepare a wall to bang my head against. And find a better mobile to buy...

DM

Always had this fault with my phone, and I could have sworn I have posted to that effect somewhere.

I know others have too, so its a general fault...

Guest Toyota-F1.com

I have HT352D, I've searched this forum a few days ago for this batch number and haven't found it except where I've posted.

I haven't noticed these problems with mine (although I've only had it 5 days, first handset, so may be mistaken):

Buzzing

words added into t9 are lost again after a normal power off.

T9 display glitch.

Bluetooth keeps turning itself on when turning the phone on, you have to turn it off and on again to turn it off!.

Media player volume can't go higher than what's in the volume keys. -Just tested, I can adjust both in WMP at any setting.

"Hmmm" with this "It seems that even when an app overrides the settings, the phone still turns off the backlight, and it keeps it on randomly longer(than in settings) when not using an app. " because I have a .wmv that I can play (the orig) I've encoded it, it's still .wma, but with this one, the backlight times out after 45 seconds.:?

"Hmmm" - "Missing 176 pixels " It works on the Orange startup screen (not on the Windows Mobile Screen though) and it's not always white, sometimes there is a black dot in the middle, and recently I've seen it blue after I changed from a blue theme to different.

I want this!!! : "sms delivery reciepts Ability to turn them on for all messages/off for all messages, rather than having to select it for each message."

"Option to delete all email " That's available through "Space Maker" it's on the phone, but there's no link to it, I found it through Smart Explorer... Just looked for it for ya, it's in Windows>IA_Space_Maker.exe... just tested and confirmed (not confirming it works, just confirming it's there and has the option to :lol: )

"Can't select flight mode in-flight " I don't know if anybody knows, but when you switch the phone off i.e. disconnect from the network, it kinda says "I'm loggin' off now mate" and if there's no signal in the plane, it can't do that, if you see what I mean...!

--

Yeah, some of them things I'd really like (from what I've just read), hope it gets done! I've still got to do some tests on the SD Card and IA_CallerID, will report on findings soon...! (not here, on battery readings thread)

I Don't know if this list is still being updated but please put somthing on about the bluetooth and the car kits !!

the nokia bluetooth car kit will not work with this phone dispite it being the one on the orange accessory page !

all oragnge support will do is tell you to call Nokia !

not a happy bunny

Guest badboy4life

Don't think that this has been mentioned before, but what i've found that if you use device-lock and the keylock becomes automatically activated after the timeout, then the volume buttons don't get locked. I switched off the device-lock option and just lock the keypad normally then the volume buttons are locked.

The reason i've found this is that i normally press the volume buttons to turn the screen on when locked, without turning the backlight, on to check the display. So it becomes frustrating when your trying to check the display and all you see is the volume setting!!!

Guest shadamehr

Yup - you are exactly right and it took me ages to work it out.

I use an old nokia 6210 case to cover my E200 when I am working Bouncing on the doors.

Its a none-existant terrible fit to say the least - its just a makeshift case for extra protection, and to stop it flying out my pocket when throwing people out - nothing more.

But the elastic on the side covers the volume/earpiece buttons, and play havoc with the phone battery life, but only NOW and THEN it seemed.

Took me a while to figure out why it was sometimes and not others, just as you have explained yourself!

Manually locking the phone DOES lock the volume buttons. Here here!

But using the keylock automatic timeout, they DON'T get locked. Stupid!

Guest londonlad

in internet explorer, when entering an address in address bar, anyone got the button '9' bug, that keeps running thro 'w,x,y,z,9' until you press something else even though you just pressed it once :roll:

Guest londonlad

ahh, tut. :) it works quite well elsewhere to tell in contacts, menus etc but i fear it could be a broken key. i just played with it for a bit and if a press the 9 on it, it happens but if i press the other end of the button, the z it doesnt. i tried it on compose sms it happened, but it seems ive fixed it? it doesnt happen anymore, well for now anyway. i think it is hardware then.

on more does anyone get a crackling noise from the speaker, when you hold down a direction with the sound on. hold it for a while and if youve got it youll hear a crackling sound now and then. i noticed it when i used infrared to try streaming radio.

Guest carlosp_uk
>>When you're typing an SMS, the xx/160 counter at the top of the  

>> screen DOESN'T decrease if you start deleting characters!  

Always had this fault with my phone, and I could have sworn I have posted to that effect somewhere.  I know others have too, so its a general fault...

UPDATE : I have now tested this again, and I can confirm that it DOESNT always happen! After re-booting, it's counting characters again when I'm deleting them! What a bizarre intermittent bug...

Guest shadamehr

Mmm - I have a new issue...

Now that my E200 joystick is worn in, I find that more and more often, what USED to amount to a down press, when done with my left thumb, now results in a LEFT press occuring instead.

It is doing this more and more.

Is anyone else finding this, once the joystick is a few months old?

And if so, do you think I can get anything done about it? I don't have Orange Care.

It is driving me mad however, and causing no end of problems.

Guest carlosp_uk
Now that my E200 joystick is worn in

a down press results in a LEFT press occuring instead.

I have now replaced TWO e200 phones on insurance because the DOWN press had become unreliable. You had to really push it hard with the edge of your thumb, instead of tapping it.

TWO !

It must be a design fault.

Guest newquay_kev

Why would you need Orange insurance/care for a faulty phone which is less than 12 months old? As far as I can tell the only advantage is a 24 hour replacement. Anyone know how long a replacement would take under the normal 12 month guarantee?

I too have reservations about paying extra for insurance for a phone under warranty. And after 12 months I'll probably change phones anyway...

Guest Pondrew

I think (from personal experience) that when you claim under the twelve month warranty/guarantee Orange will send your phone off to HTC for repair. If you're lucky they (the Orange Shop) will give you a 'courtesy phone' in the meantime. Be warned though, mine was a Nokia!

Guest Pondrew
Can I take a Onestopphoneshop purchased E200 into an Orange shop though, given that Orange are the vendor I would guess so?

Officially, I don't know, but seeing as how my SPV had been bought from mobileshop.com, and seeing as the proof of purchase I provided the Orange shop with (at their request) said that, I expect you could.

They (the Orange shop) not only sent my phone for repair, they were even good enough to provide me with a courtesy phone (Nokia 8310) while it was away. Not bad given that I'd never paid them a penny for anything.

How Can i store Ringtones on SD for E200(changer snnieres does not work properley). And When i take a picture or video, it automaticaly stores to my documents in storage, not my documents in storage card? not good for memery and slow down.

How Can i store Ringtones on SD for E200

Ok so i'm going to regret saying this, but here goes.

I'm working on an applet that will do this. I have done most of it now, but things keep getting in the way and I keep putting it off.

But watch this space.

K

(P.S. A big thanks to Neil C for the help on it so far! :))

Guest shadamehr
my e200 has red led lights, is this normal? it is supposed to be blue right?

Given that E200 keyboard led's are Blue, and you say yours are RED< and you say that your phone is dead in another post, where you mention formatting it, and now it won't work...

I'd say you have an E100, or you have an E200 that has been heavily modified, and is not original, or failing those, you are quite mad.

I mean that nicely of course.

In any of which cases, then there is nought to be done...