E200 Issues - Discussion

Guest Will

Guest dj-Fantasy

s*** this waiting for the unlock kit for the sim e200 what is it for a foon works with out problems no buzz of anything kant wait kan anyone help me for the sim remover

gretzzz 8) :shock: :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RussellH

I see this thread's gone very quiet of late. Now there's an E200 ROM update, is anyone able to confirm which of all these bugs and requests have been fixed, which haven't and which have got worse as a result of the update?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wagamama

Hi,

when applying the 2.6.1.3 update it managed to wipe my SIM CONTACTS! so please be aware this might happen to you so back it ALL up!

but anyway... back to the topic... from what i've noticed, the update (to 2.6.1.3) has solved/changed the following for me:

*Speaker problems

The speaker now sounds a hell of a lot better than before (less bass tones so not as much vibration/rattling) but is now rather quiet! :D

* Battery problems

Using a 128mb SD card with bluetooth on discoverable, I managed from Monday 1pm till 9:20am Tuesday - an improvement of around 3-6 hrs+

*GPRS icon on top icon bar constantly on

Partially corrected. GPRS now disconnects when you don't want to (e.g. after each IE page loads). So what if you're constantly connected, you're being charged "per mb transfered", not "connection time"

I prefered the previous method! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Pressing the 'end call' button now disconnects GPRS :evil:

This has a rather nasty effect on all 'auto connect' programs I've found i.e. MSN msger, pop3/imap4 auto email checks and IE. They all work intermittantly now!! and am virtually always bloody getting the 'cannot connect check your proxy crap'

WTF IS THIS ABOUT!?!? PLEASE FIX IT ORANGE! :evil:

*Bluetooth works!

Yay! I could always active sync with BT, and still can! woo! and with a jabra BT 200 headset when making a call it jumps to the headset!! OMG!

Also when receiving a call it seems quicker to pass it to the BT headset (could be to do with the BT auto switcher prog am running) :P

* T9

Well it seems to remember words now and I've noticed that when finishing a sentence using a full stop, it now captalises the first word of the next sentence! ;)

* Faster bootup/shutdown

Very fast when shutting down now! :lol:

* Menus faster?

could be just me - I think this is more subjective rather than an objective point.

* Call history

Call info (i.e. when you've missed a call). clicking on the call in call history screen shows date and time of the missed call. I cannot verify if this was in the previous ROM (hink it was 1.3.x.x)

* Egg time (or waiting for the phone to do something icon)

I seem to be seeing more of this!!

NOT FIXED/PROBLEMS

----------

* incorrect character count in SMS

When typing past 160 characters, it list the count as xxx/2 (xxx being greater than 160). When deleting to under 160 characters, it doesn't count it properly till you enter a character :shock: then it will calculate it properly.

*IMAP4 sync

Does not sync all the folders in the imap listing (I have inbox,outbox,sent,deleted,drafts and important). It doesn't sync any of the files in the important folders and if I move emails within folders onthe phone. It doesn't sync them back on the server!!! I lost several important emails cos of this!

* Default to turn on 'delivery confirmation' for SMS

nope, still have to go to options menu to turn it on for EVERY SMS u send!!! ARGH!!!

* WAP/GPRS

Am not so sure about this... somebody please confirm this?

In Settings -> Data Connections

Internet connections = GPRS (APN - orangeinternet)

WAP Connection = WAP (APN = orangewap)

When the WAP AP is not available it defaults to GPRS AP... errr I don't think it did this before!!! Is this a scam to make more money out of us?

With Orange WAP is free upto a mb I think on my tarrif)

GPRS is billed per mb.

So why is it defaulting to the GPRS accesspoint to access webpages when it should be defaulting to WAP accesspoint? cos I dont want it using up my GPRS transfer charges when it could be for free on the WAP accesspoint!

I am checking this with traffic counter SPE (showing data transfer icon on icon bar).

----------------

Those are my observations, am sure there are more, but I've only had my phone for 3 weeks (1 week of that in venice)

I haven't tried the MSn msgr over BT yet, but will try it tonite.

Hope this has been some use to someone!

Waga

Guest bloodangel

Hello im new. Don't hurt me PLEASE :shock:

Issue:

Ive heard theres an issue with SD cards larger than 256 not working with E200. Is this true?

Wish:

Voice dialling through bluetooth headset.

Guest Disco Stu

I'm using a 512mb SanDisk with no problems.

The dual layer versions have caused problems for some though.

When the 1gig cards come down in price I'll be using one of them !

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Pondrew
Hello im new. Don't hurt me PLEASE  :shock:
:D Welcome to the forum

Ive heard theres an issue with SD cards larger than 256 not working with E200. Is this true?

No, seems there's no ceiling at the moment although certain types of SD card work better then others. I've also heard of twin celled cards (or something like that) which don't work but they don't come in any particular size.

Sorry I can't be more specific but in my experience Sandisk is one of the safest bets (I use a 256meg although the 512 is looking more appealing all the time!)

Guest Pondrew
I'm using a 512mb SanDisk with no problems.  

The dual layer versions have caused problems for some though.

When the 1gig cards come down in price I'll be using one of them !

What he said!

Guest Y-Wing

The option to select wallpapers in Settings->Homescreen only recognises image files with a .jpg extension in /Storage/My Documents and not .jpeg

Guest bloodangel

Issue: With the calender on the main screen, it just shows the first one of the day all day for me and whats next on the agenda. Anyone else? I have latest update.

I'm experiencing a problem with the joystick. In the outlook client it thinks I an pressing right when I'm pressing down so it cycles messages instead of scrolling down. It also happens in the list view and this causes it to cycle email types!

Strange thing is the t9 applet works correctly.

Guest Y-Wing

When downloading stuff from Orange WAP site using Explorer it says

"Downloading 15KB of 0 bytes"

"Downloading 20KB of 0 bytes"

That can't be right :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flix_daog

I have got a problem.

I have just got the e200 and I updated it with that orange update which worked fine,

but then I wanted to unlock the damn thing and I got that unlocker prog that you install the two files in the Temp folder, and put a shortcut in the start menu.

when I run that I get an error:

Access denied. The program cannot start because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate................

I am going insane can someone help?

Guest Disco Stu

@ Y-Wing : I think thats just the software writer not filling in a box with the details. Its quite common and doesn't mean anything is wrong.

@ flix_daog : that method is obsolete now; you need to use the OTA method.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lktuk

Just got hold of a 1gb Sandisk SD card and it works fine in the E200 (Firmware: Orange 2.6.1.3). Formatting it in the e200 was dodgey, it formatted and after that I could create directories but couldnt see any files and then using a pcmcia sd card writer to put mp3s on, the phone tried to load them (media player) and then crashed.

Found the solution - Format the card in the card reader (pc) as FAT, full size (968mb or something like that), Default Allocation Unit size and it will work fine. Note: I had to try about 3 card readers until i found one that knew how to use the 1gb card properly - mine is a IBM-DJSA-232 pcmcia multi type card reader/writer.

On a side note, Did anyone find out how to turn on SMS Delivery Reports globally (so you dont have to do it per text message) without the use of the Orange plugin?

Simmo/DAT Group/www.datgroup.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kingdom master

issues,

4 buttons locks and repeats wats pressed.

bluetooths comes on wen phone is switched on

phone locks wen keypad is locked

phone slows

sticks on headset profile

somes wont find reception

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pondrew

Recently I've been surprised to come to my E200 and find the bluetooth symbol on even though bluetooth is turned off AND the blue LED is NOT flashing.

Also the last couple of months have seen it do it's first partial reset (resulting in my having to do a full reset) and also a new problem whereby activesync reports a fault synchronising all fields which won't go away (happened again yesterday, hoping I won't have to do another hard reset to get it to work again).

Guest kingdom master

goner go for a mpx220 now cause my e200 is buggered, ive got a test model in playing with and i like it so i think thats the way forward. only few months to go, will buy off ebay cause not staying with orange anymore.

Guest Pondrew

The SPV community will be sorry to lose you kingdom, still, a Smartphone's a Smartphone I spose and the new Moto's do look kinda snazzy 8)

• 2 months later...
Guest Max Bhai

Hi All,

I have recently bought the E200. My Rom says its version 2.7.1.1.

Hoever i have seen on the Orange Ch website they are giving thhe New Rom ver 2.7.5.1.

I want to find out is it really worth Updating the Rom version.i.e will i have problems upgrading etc.....

The other issue i have is that i can Sync my phone via Active Sync but i cant do dat transfer nor can i see items that are in the phone like pictures etc. Can any1 please suggest how do i do it or will i need any more software.

Can i transfer my phone book on the Memory Card.

Will appriciate the help.

Thanks

Max

Guest beersoft

Hi max

the 2.7.5.1 rom is just in swiss, its no different from the 2.7.1.1 rom

(im sure someone will tell me if im wrong on this)

the way the rom numbers work out is like this

networkprovider.majorrevision.countrylocal.minorrevision

i would stick with rom provided by orange as this is the current english rom

later

Owen

Guest Max Bhai

Thanks for the update Owen,

Can any 1 please tell me how do i copy the Photos from my E200 to the Memory Car & how do i copy the phone book entries on the Memory card from the E200.

Thanks