E200 Issues - Discussion

Guest Will

Guest Disco Stu

I'm not sure it's possible to store your Contacts info on the storage card. You can store a copy of the file (it's something like mxip.vol) on the card by simply copying it but I've not tried it. I use Sprite Backup software and sync to Outlook on my PC so it's not an issue.

Using ActiveSync or Smart Explorer you can simply cut or copy & paste the pictures from My Documents to the storage card, but with the E200, if you go into the Camera, press Menu, Options, General the first option is where to store captured images (Internal Memory or Storage Card).

Guest Max Bhai

Thanks for the infor Mate. :)

Its works now i can store my photos straight to the memory card.

I am still trying to find out how to copy all the phone book entries on to the memry card as it saves a lot of hassesl if we have to change the phone at a later time.

I know there is orange backup but its still better to have all the info stored on the memory card.

Please let me know if any one finds out how to transfer the phone book from the phone on to the memory card.

Cheers all. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

hi all i wondered if you can help me with something that has been bugging me for a while now i cannot send a file via bluetooth or infrared when i click send it comes up via mms or email it doesnt say bluetooth or infrared

please help

Guest Toyota-F1.com
hi all i wondered if you can help me with something that has been bugging me for a while now i cannot send a file via bluetooth or infrared when i click send it comes up  via mms or email it doesnt say bluetooth or infrared  

please help

You need to use software called Smart Explorer - visit www.binarys.com (change to English by clicking English on the right side of the screen).

Guest Max Bhai

Hi all... :) ..

Can you please help in the installation of the smart explorer

Do i download it on to the phone or the PC.

If i download it on the PC can i copy it on to the the memory card & then copy it back to the phone

Once i have completed the download.... wat do i do??? :roll:

The website doesnt give much info on the installation. :oops:

So i will appriciate if someone could please let me know how to go about the installation.

Guest Disco Stu

If you downloaded a .exe Windows self-installer, connect the phone to your PC with ActiveSync and click on the icon wherever you saved it PC-side. It will then install itrself - follow the on-screen instructions.

If you downloaded the .cab version, connect the phone to your PC with ActiveSync and copy the file over to Storage Windows Start Menu Accessories.

Now go to the phone Start menu and find the Accessories folder. Inside you will find an icon for the .cab you just copied over. Clicj=k on it and again it will self-install.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest calosas

Hi, Have an SPV E200, trying to activesync to my PC but connection setup says 'device not found. Trying to connect via USB. Have activesync 1.6. Please Help!!

Guest Howski

Hi,

I've had a SPV E200 on contract for about 8 months now and in the last 3 months I've had 6 replacement phones and I'm gonna phone tomorrow to get this one replaced (Less than 24hrs after reciving it) has anyone had any joy with orange getting a different phone? I mean I really like the SPV but the amount of replacements is getting exessive.

cheers

-how.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jordanny

I have a problem with my E200. When I connect it to computer it works fine. But when I try to copy larger files to the phone it disconnects from Activesync(3.7.1). It seems to disconnect randomly, no matter what files, or how large. I have to pull it out and connect it back to usb.Anyone else has this ?

• 2 months later...
Guest GRussell

I have a SPV E200 and I am struggling with BlueTooth on it.

I can send and receive small files (with certain phones) without any problem, although it is picky about which files it will send and receive from. I'm using SmartPhone Explorer but after paring with certain phones it just won't send some files. I'm still trying to work out why, it just refuses to connect.

My main problem is on the E200, it won't receive large(ish) files. Anything over a meg my SPV will receive the file, ask me if I want to save it. Upon selecting Yes, it doesn't save the file! I've searched my storage card and phone and it can't be found anywhere!

I'm using the latest ROM for my phone, and am getting annoyed by this. Does this problem exist with the newer Smartphones, as I am annoyed in paying for the original SPV (which had it's own problems), then upgrading to the E200 to find the Bluetooth is poor on that.

*Rant over, sorry!* :D

Before I upgrade again, does this Bluetooth bug still exist on the newer Smartphone range? Or should I buy a Sony Ericcson!!!

Thanks,

-Graham