spvQuake // exoSyphen Studios - released

Guest exosyphen

Guest exosyphen

A reason why humans evolved so slow:

I guess what went wrong is that they invented the wheel and the fire on the same day. And on that night, they burnt the wheel.

A reason why humans evolved so slow:

I guess what went wrong is that they invented the wheel and the fire on the same day. And on that night, they burnt the wheel.

LOL

Guest ultimasnake

well muff the first reason i wamted to do some edeting was to learn the difrences between c# and c++ then i was on a role with the menu and made this! (i am very proud) Posted from my SmartPhone!

well muff the first reason i wamted to do some edeting was to learn the difrences between c# and c++ then i was on a role with the menu and made this! (i am very proud)    Posted from my SmartPhone!

and proud you should be :)

I'm in no way putting you down m8, I'm a big supporter of coders getting involved

just wanted to make sure that people knew that some things had already been done in my codebase, so that people can concentrate on other features

but well done on getting your hands dirty :D

Guest exosyphen

It seems to me that i have raised some serious waves with my humble work. i am glad i dropped mophun and their commercial only closed platform.

i never believed that MS smartphone was so succesfull.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest ultimasnake
and proud you should be  

It seems to me that i have raised some serious waves with my humble work.

You sure did.. this is my ticket to c++ too... well i found some menu bugs.. lets get to it ... also i might have an idea on some other Gui/text problems while i was playing quake in the train :D

Guest ultimasnake

Hey got a minor Question for you......

i am currently making the Credits (at the quit screen) Readable , and made it more then 1 page now....

but i am wondering should we force the user to go through it (press a key 3 times) to quit, or left and right to scroll through it and any other key to quit..... also we can add a 3rd page with The people who helped in developing SpvQuake :D

also i got most menus running (only multiplayer join and new game dont work yet)... and everything fits on screen now :)......

Question 2. How did you manage to make the screenshots? i cant use SmartSS on my e200 :s

Guest ultimasnake

well ok can do.. the thing is.. (as you saw) the credits where really messed up , and i am not sure that if we have to keep that screen in its origional form or something , thus clicking through it (which can be done at an insane speed) ... i will leave the splash at the start but its always a nice looking idea to put it at the quit screen too :D

will fix the 2 multiplayer screen bugs and sent a new menu.c file for you to lhave a ook at :)

Guest exosyphen

Ok :) I will look forward to it.

Anyone care to make a light multiplayer map and install a nice bot and have some virtual multiplayer on the SPV?

If the map is smaller then those in the full game, we could get a nice deathmatch against bots, setup.

Guest ultimasnake

Yeah that would be nice.... almost done with the menu now..

i am also going to look into the images i am not using any more... and make sure they dont get loaded :)

that might speed up the interface and maybe the memory usage :D

Guest ultimasnake

OK exo here is the New Menu.c

fixed to much things to tell it all :)....

you can start a new Multiplayer game now... though i didnt fix the level selection screen (it's still rather messy).. the rest of the menu items work like a glove.... nice graphics too you will like it :D

also when quiting press right and left for the new credits :lol:

[edit]

oh dear just messed up the load/save screen.. hangon :)

[/edit]

Guest ultimasnake

Ok some nice things just happend :lol:

New game works now :) it anoyed me allot... all menus besides the screen you get Before launching a new multiplayer game are fixed enjoy..

i might look into Loading/Saving :D

menu.zip

Guest ultimasnake

i am not sure it will run on a symbian :D

i have looked into the saving problem and i know what the problem is... just needs to be fixed , the problem is the fact that at the start of the program Quake looks at what the main storage folder is (storage) and assumes quake is in quakeid1 etc..... well it also tries to scan all memory cards (on a ppc) and it cant find that.... i know how to fix this (partially) and that is to get the app's path and replace the exe file for id1 that would work.. i will try to make that fix and saving will be possible too :)

Guest ultimasnake

uuhm ok i dont know what i did wrong.. but at home i just compiled your source with my menu.c and quake now crashes right after the loading screen.... do you have that too with the new menu.c? :S

ok nevermind that.. i was trying the full version pak file :) not the shareware one..

Guest exosyphen

Hi,

Some fellow here on the boards managed to get the save/load feature working.

Just make sure you have this folder IPSMQuakeid1 and it works.

Quake is sensible. Modify one thing at a time and test it, so in case it's crashing you know exactly where and don't have to look at 1 day of code :)

Guest ultimasnake

Yeah i noticed.. the problem with saving is located in Common.C at line 1779 to 1819 there it scans for any possible locations where he can save the game (the quakeid1 folder) but it only checks the storage/ipsm "drive"..... the lines below that scans the memory cards but they dont work (i guess) and that is why it only can be saved in storage :S