spvQuake // exoSyphen Studios - released

Guest exosyphen

Guest ultimasnake

did you read exo's readme? you need a .pak file to run the game.... its not included in his zip check one of the posts here for the quake shareware files

Guest ultimasnake
I rarely use Yahoo Messenger ... I am mxrobertz

to bad i dont use that only Msn messenger.. well by mail can do too :)

i think its kinda hard to see if it has a speed gain through the first demo (no skys if i am sure in that level)... though if i get the chance to check my own file i might be able to see if low sampled files will help (i keep repeating myself... i sound anoying :oops: )

but if you read the readme.txt you might be able to see that you can edit the Exe in anyway :D

Guest exosyphen

bugeyes : download the damn .pak file. I only distribute the executable and NOT the pak files which contain game data.

I am reading the license now. If it is ok ... I will release the unlocked version today.

Guest ultimasnake
sorry new to this forum! still finding my way around.....cheers n Merry Xmassorry new to this forum! still finding my way around.....cheers n Merry Xmas

i notice that :D.... well first forum rule is .. Search :) i guess..... :lol:

Guest ultimasnake
Curently Quake is messed up as I am changing most of the video code. 

I will alert you when the new release is up.

sounds nice.. so what are you going to do with the code? downgrade gfx smaller textures (through code etc) ? you might see that the sky is using up allot of memory...

i cant wait till the new version

Starting to feel retarded here cant find the .pak!

hehe i couldnt find it that fast either.. well found the link though

http://quake.pocketmatrix.com/download.php

Guest exosyphen

Current TODO list :

- make sure everything fits nicely on screen and works (menu / statusbar / etc)

- reduce memory usage so people with less free memory can start up the game

- cleanup some useless code that causes overhead.

Guest kingdom master

will be possible 4 net play via gprs or bluetooth? if so we can get some leagues goin and tournament and peeps can build there own arenas. km posted from my SmartPhone!will be possible 4 net play via gprs or bluetooth? if so we can get some leagues goin and tournament and peeps can build there own arenas. km posted from my SmartPhone!will be possible 4 net play via gprs or bluetooth? if so we can get some leagues goin and tournament and peeps can build there own arenas. km posted from my SmartPhone!will be possible 4 net play via gprs or bluetooth? if so we can get some leagues goin and tournament and peeps can build there own arenas. km posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest exosyphen

I don't know about GPRS.

It's not hard or impossible to achieve, but GPRS always hase a ping delay of over 1 seconds which can cause trouble.

I believe you know the feeling of multiplayer when you are at over 1 second ping.

Guest yarod_g14

In the immortal words of Rocco Sifreidi, "Ahh man, look this."

I instantly found my self comparing it to Mbodens Doom, considering there is (full?) sound this is so much more promising. I am amazed at the speed this runs on my E-200, I cant jump around and win on nightmare as its too inconstant and the controls are fiddly but its actually playable. I haven't had the chance to test this on a Canary to test the diffrerence.

This really brings back memories of the hours I spent playing this game and a couple of expansions, the energy I spent on the final level trying to make my way up the open sided passageway with shamblers and those spider things throwing all sorts of stuff at me and then working out I was meant to teleport inside shub-wosnamedemon after running around for ages. Gaming at its best. Thanku exoSyphen

Guest ultimasnake

Any new betas exo? :) i am eager to test a new one.......

especially with my own (partially) edited pak file...

did you make any speed gains up to now?

Guest ultimasnake

thank god............... :D.....

btw is there anyway source will be shared soon? i think this might be the ticket to my learning c++ thing since i partially understood Muffs quake code (i am a vb6 vb.net programmer myself) , and an project that takes my intrest always lets me learn faster :)

Guest Scarfman007

Yeah ... some source would be good!

Sometimes I call myself a C++ / Java programmer, but my C++ isn't really up to scratch and I'd like to take a look at the code to try to help.

I'm (reasonably) good at optimising code, algorithm analysis, etc, etc, and if I made it slower then of course I wouldn't release the code :wink: .

Scarfman

Guest exosyphen

I intend to move some of my critical code to a .dll to avoid the situation when a jerk started selling Dan East's code on Handango. Handango refuses to stop selling it. I would hate someone selling my code.

I will release the code soon.

Posted from my SmartPhone!