spvQuake // exoSyphen Studios - released

Guest exosyphen

Guest exosyphen

1. I really hate it when people start acussing me like that guy did on my forums. I don't believe that I have caused any loss to anyone.

And yes, I will surely release the sourcecode in a nice package. The current release was a quick hack just to show that it's possible to have Quake on the SPV.

2. Muff did some optimizations in his code so it's normal to run faster ... and not to mention that sounds uses a lot of CPU.

Guest spvlover

Nice one.

There is a lot of reference tu muffs version of Quake....

Where can i download that from?

@exo i downloaded all files and instaled as read in the forum and the read me.

It starts, and then i get a message telling me i must have a registered version to use modified games...

heeelp

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Skitals

I think you were over reacting... just observing and pointing out that you werent following gpl, which, apparently, you werent. I didnt even see him ASK for the code. Just watching your back.

Guest exosyphen

I made a quick/hack release just to show that Quake is runable on the SPV.

There are 3 kinds of people :

- who played it and enjoyed it

- who understand that since it was a dirty quick release, within a short time, a nice complete release will follow, beeing a bit delayed mainy because of the hollydays/etc.

- jerks who want to gain some attention by pointing out useless things.

Why don't people boicot Handango?

Handango sells Dan East's Pocket PC port of Quake. And AFAIK they simply stated that they won't remove PocketQuake and leave the matter to the involved parts.

Nice enough ... since Dan doesn't own a Microsoft sized company and afford to start a law-suit, Handango will make a nice buck, some jerk who grabbed the code is filling his Pocket, not mention the people that pay for the game when they can get it for free.

And on TOP of all, Handango links to Dan`s site to download the pak file (direct download link so the person won't see the actuall page and get free Quake when he can pay for it). Dan pays for the hosting.

This was one of the main reasons I delayed releasing the code a bit.

BluesNews,PlanetQuake, and loads of major SPV/Quake oriented websites posted news about my Quake.

And I don't like every jerk to put his name in, recompile and everything and voila : He/she did the first Quake port to the SPV.

My advice : STOP buying from Handango. You can buy everything from there from other websites (maybe even cheaper) and support developers that offer you free candy. It doesn`t cost you a thing to buy from someplace else, but maybe we can make a difference.

P.S : I just noticed that Handango removed PocketQuake. But still ... both the jerk & Handango made their quick buck.

Guest Gorskar

Personally I much prefer smartphone.net for my software purchases.

Its a heck of a lot easier to find the software you are looking for, (you dont have to click 3 different links just to get to the smartphone software for one thing)

Also they only take 20% of the purchase price for their services, as opposed to handango's 30% :shock: Invisible to the consumer, but the developer feels it!

Guest exosyphen

Tell me about it :)

I just changed my credit-card processing company in December.

I went down from 20% to 14.9%

Also the old company used to flag every 1 out of 2 orders as fraudulent and issued a refund on my behalf. Offcourse after the customer received it's product.

I got the first Euro 2.5 donation for spvQuake. Nice ... 1 donation in like 10.000 downloads :D

Guest ultimasnake
I got the first Euro 2.5 donation for spvQuake. Nice ... 1 donation in like 10.000 downloads

:lol:.... if i could i would have donated too :) but i am just a student and dont even make allot of money myself....i hope i can sell a game i am making now (not the race one) for about 2 euro or something. just dont know where to start....

you told us you where working on an own "graphical" engine for quake.. what if you make that dll change the Credits on runtime :D.....

Guest exosyphen

The support I can get from people is when they are satisfied with what I have to offer.

I only hate it when people pick one me.

One of the downsides of selling SPV software is that each site has specific payments systems. You have to sell around 100 copies in each place to get paid ... then pay fees for each check ...etc etc.

If a $2.5 (aprox Euro 2) fee per transaction is something you can live with, I suggest http://www.shareit.com

I prefer to handle all my sales myself.

Guest ultimasnake

Great.. well it doesnt work with my own patch file.... give me an Wave1.wav file has a bad loop length :S... i only changed the bitrate though :)

Guest ultimasnake

i dont have an clue by head....

but you might have to look at the options screen :S....

the volumesliders (etc) are all rather odd.... they start at the right.. then go out of screen and in the left corner they popup again :s....

Guest exosyphen

Sorry :D

I would tweak the pak myself, but since I can`t distribute it .. there is no use.

I suggest you find a complte quake mod that can be distributed and it's light-weight enough for the SPV.

I would consider Quake + 1 smaller map + a bot add-on to play deathmatch :)

Guest ultimasnake

i just looked into your source (odly enough all the projects i open are missing winver.h)

but in Menu.c why dont you change the menu item position...

how can i fix this opening bug and recompile it? i want to mess with the menu to make sure it fits nicely :) (and you might be able to use that then :D

Guest ultimasnake

hehe well when i load the PocketQuake.Vwc

then i click on PocketQuake resources (same for winquake resources)

and it give me the error...

locationpathnewres.h(32)

fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'winver.h'

:s

Guest exosyphen

One of the resources is broken since it's for x86 windows. Just ignore that.

I am off to catch a class in college: Computer Graphics :lol: ... i got an exam on this in the next weeks :) :) :D

Guest exosyphen

Nope.

Hit build ... when it ends, send me back the PocketQuake.vcl file so I can take a look.

Have you installed the Smartphone2002 SDK?

I will help you when I return from class

Guest ultimasnake

aha dont seem to have installed 2002 sdk here (got it at home so confusing)....

and... i was using Evc4 not 3.. going to use that now....

if i make the menu nice i will sent you the file.. i think i got some nice things done already...... just cant test them yet.. :)

also.. how can i set sound off by default in the cfg?