SmartPhone Studio(**Announce**)

Guest gzytom

Guest ronswens

It's really great program! Thanks! Just two questions.

Where can I get CommMan.exe.0409.mui? I have only CommMan.exe and CommMan.exe.0804.mui after CAB installation.

Also it would be great if I could change font for sms and contacts because I see only question marks instead of cyrillic

Guest darrellt

Me again I'm afraid :oops: Okay, so I've installed the CommMan.cab on my handset successfully. The previous version with the manual CommMan worked fine but now, when I ensure that the phone is docked and connected via ActiveSync, run SPStudio and wait 3-5 seconds for the program to connect it doesn't. Even if I leave it for a minute, nothing happens. If I click on Inbox then the icon animates but no messages ae retrieved.

Ideas please?

Thanks in advance...

The Comman.cab file won't install on Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition. The previous version did work great, but I'd like the automation feature. Any ideas what's wrong? Can I get a copy of the EXE or whatever files should be on the phone's main memory to try?

Would it be possible to make this tool just an SMS message handling utility?  That's the functionality I'm looking for.

OK,next version would be fixed for this.

It's really great program! Thanks! Just two questions.

Where can I get CommMan.exe.0409.mui? I have only CommMan.exe and CommMan.exe.0804.mui after CAB installation.

Also it would be great if I could change font for sms and contacts because I see only question marks instead of cyrillic

No 0409.mui any more.CommMan has built-in English UI,and 0804.mui is Chinese-GB UI library.

Your second question,now I am confused.

Me again I'm afraid  :oops:  Okay, so I've installed the CommMan.cab on my handset successfully. The previous version with the manual CommMan worked fine but now, when I ensure that the phone is docked and connected via ActiveSync, run SPStudio and wait 3-5 seconds for the program to connect it doesn't. Even if I leave it for a minute, nothing happens. If I click on Inbox then the icon animates but no messages ae retrieved.

Ideas please?

Thanks in advance...

I have no idea...you did absolutely right.

Maybe try to run new CommMan mannually,see if it can connect.

The Comman.cab file won't install on Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition.  The previous version did work great, but I'd like the automation feature.  Any ideas what's wrong?  Can I get a copy of the EXE or whatever files should be on the phone's main memory to try?

Thanks! The non-cab files work great on Phone Edition 2003, but the auto-start and auto-quit don't work. I have to launch CommMan on the Pocket PC, and then everything is fine. No more having to click the Activate menu.

Still a great program!

Guest ronswens

gzytom, thanks again for really great application!

In my previuos post I meant that for contacts with all english letters SPStudio works good but I have some contacts in my phone with russian letters and for these contacts SPStudio shows question marks instead of russian letters. What font do you use in SPStudio for contacts? and can it be changed?

By the way, SPstudio can't run CommMan automatically in my Mio 8380, so I always run it manually.

One more proposal. Why SPStudio doesn't check for new sms and doesn't refresh Inbox automatically? It could play a sound and show the popup message when new sms arrived.

gzytom, thanks again for really great application!

In my previuos post I meant that for contacts with all english letters SPStudio works good but I have some contacts in my phone with russian letters and for these contacts SPStudio shows question marks instead of russian letters. What font do you use in SPStudio for contacts? and can it be changed?

By the way, SPstudio can't run CommMan automatically in my Mio 8380, so I always run it manually.

One more proposal. Why SPStudio doesn't check for new sms and doesn't refresh Inbox automatically? It could play a sound and show the popup message when new sms arrived.

ronswens,

the messy characters were not due to font settings.

8380 is Smartphone2002,and has only English version. I think your Russian UI is a plug-in to the system.Same problem was found in some 8380 used in China.But what make me puzzled is that only some 8380 has this kind of problem,in the time I still have no idea about this.

I will check the auto-start characteristeric.Thanks for your feedback.

I can implement what you suggest,however,the program will not be GREEN software any more(means that need copy files to system directory , write registry entries,etc).Also, I think that it is not necessary.When SMS arrives,you can hear the sound made by the phone,then click the refresh button on the toolbar,you will see the new SMS.It is really a simple action.

Guest ronswens

Thank you for your answer, but my Mio 8380 with english Windows Smartphone 2002 shows russian contacts correct in the phone (I didn't expect it though, the phone wasn't bought in Russia) and english MS Outlook also shows them correct after sinchronizing with the phone but SPStudio unfortunately doesn't.

Just curious, why do you need place some files to Windows system folder and work with the registry to auto-refresh Inbox and play sound? :lol:

Guest D2R_Russel

Im from the philippines..tried d app but commMan produces SMS module init failed..whats wrong with this?? im using SPV tanager with Qtek rom, unlocked and decerted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Belgarath Krall

just a thought, i have a large number of SMS in my inbox, is there a way of the program showing me the SMS as soon as SmartPhone Studio downloads them. eg so i can open my most recent SMS without having to wait for all of the messages to be downloaded.

possibly by starting another thread so that it can continue downloading in the background, that would be great :)

again, an amazing program, it gets so much use at work!

This looks very cool and all (especially considering SMSCool kacked my phone) but... umm... what happened to your website?

http://smartdev.51.net/

New version is coming soon...

...and a blank page. Call me nutty, but it would be nice to be able to download the old version while the new version is in development, no? :-)

This looks very cool and all (especially considering SMSCool kacked my phone) but... umm... what happened to your website?

http://smartdev.51.net/

New version is coming soon...

...and a blank page. Call me nutty, but it would be nice to be able to download the old version while the new version is in development, no? :-)

See my top post please.

Im from the philippines..tried d app but commMan produces SMS module init failed..whats wrong with this??  im using SPV tanager with Qtek rom, unlocked and decerted.

SPStudio worked great for my on my XDA II ROM 1.60 until I did a RESTORE of the RAM. Now I get the "SMS module init failed" error. I've tried replacing Comman dozens of times, but it still doesn't work. I guess somethings corrupted in the restore? Perhaps a hard reset will fix? :)

Excellent software! Been waiting for this since the day I got my phone. Odd that I never came across it before :-)

Sign me up for a registered version when it's released!

Guest D2R_Russel

Can anyone help me with SMS module init failed?? its really a bugger!! havent tried to reset the phone coz id loose all my sms that i need to backup..any ideas on how to crack this or wht the problem??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darkrose.be

Ok, i've read all the 8 pages to find out the answer to my problem. Only one similar but i haven't found an answer to him.

I've downloaded yesterday (9 march 2004) from the website the Smartphone Studio, installed on PC, copied into the IPSM/Program Files the CommMan software and launched it and i keep getting "Downloading... 0%" for ages.

What's wrong? Is there a newer version of CommMan than on the website of the developer?

I'm out of ideas and hope i'll get the answer from you guys.

Guest Gnuig

SPStudio worked great for my on my XDA II ROM 1.60 until I did a RESTORE of the RAM. Now I get the "SMS module init failed" error. I've tried replacing Comman dozens of times, but it still doesn't work. I guess somethings corrupted in the restore? Perhaps a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset will fix? :)

I am getting the exact same. SMS module init failed: 00X ... and then the 0% downloading.

Won't work for me... Qtek 2020, ROM 1.60, MS Smartphone windows 2003 Phone Ed., with lots of unsaved SMS's!!! ;-)

I really like the look of this app., as I can send sms's from my pc just fine, yet the backup is becomming very crushial for me.

x-backup will no longer backup to SD-card, don't know why, only contacts and calendar... must have to do with all the games I have installed (takes up quite a bit of memory).

So I guess I'll have to do with activesync backup until either SPStudio gets a fix for this (as I really hope) or maybe something else pops up.

How about a reg. edit to make it possible to move sms's to e-mail inbox??? Anyone???

I know it is a PPC related issue... yet I still hope to get some feedback, maybe here...

Regards,

Gnuig

Guest alkandery75

I have XDA II and SPStudio was working very very fine unitll I restore after Hard Reset, and I'm getting now "SMS module init failed"... and it only start fter restoration...

Guest guennewig

Hi,

I just installed your great software to backup my SMS. Installing was a charme, took me two minutes to unzip, copy Commman.exe to my xda II (German version) and establishing a connection. Didnt't try to send SMS by your program so long, SMS Inbox was loaded without problems, but sentbox gives me a list of entries with time, date and receiver, but no subject and missing SMS text. Export textfile is the same. There are no MMS nor emails on my xda II . Do you have any suggestion about that?

Michael

Guest weegaz

I'm having exaclty the same problem. Followed instructions, copied .exe and the extra file across, fired it up and all it says is 'Downloading ...%0'. The contacts list is fine. The ActiveSync icon is green and the status bar says 'Connected to the phone'. CommMan is running on the phone okay, and I don't have any MMS/e-mails in my inbox, I deleted everything except a single (very short) SMS. Any help is much appreciated. I did manage to send an SMS, but had to add the +44 country code to get it to work. My phone is an unlocked MPX200, with Orange in the UK.

Ok, i've read all the 8 pages to find out the answer to my problem. Only one similar but i haven't found an answer to him.

I've downloaded yesterday (9 march 2004) from the website the Smartphone Studio, installed on PC, copied into the IPSM/Program Files the CommMan software and launched it and i keep getting "Downloading... 0%" for ages.

What's wrong? Is there a newer version of CommMan than on the website of the developer?

I'm out of ideas and hope i'll get the answer from you guys.