Want to double your e200 battery life for free?

Guest b0x

Guest Russell@home

I pulled the 256MB Sandisk card out of mine & stll had approx 75-80% battery remaining after 24h.

next morning it was about 60-70% drove to work with BT on (45 mins) & it was down to 25-30%!

Charged the phone & used gprs for a bit & by the evening battery was down to 25-30% (after another 45 mins of BT).

I didn't close IE after using it, just disconnected GPRS so, by having IE open but the phone on the homescreen the battery life is severely reduced. Does anyone know how to exit IE???

Russ

Guest Russell@home

Oh yeah - Am I thick or what???!!!

Thanks for that!

Would you beleive that I work in IT? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Actually, I don't think I want that answered!

Russ

Guest ka_boum

By the way, on my old Panasonic phone there was a feature wich allowed you to tell the phone to shutdown at a certain time, and to turn itself on again in the morning. It was a simple way of saving battery life. So that the phone would reply in the morning I hade to disable the pin lock (the phone would not answer untill if it had been introduced). I activated for security reasons the phone's own locking code system which even untill introduced allowed me to receive calls. Every morning the phone would turn on when specified, stay locked untill the phone security code had been introduced, but ring if called.

Note : if the phone had been stollen, the thief could have removed the sim card and used it to phone on other phones for free, because some phones would not ask for the pin code

:?: Could't anybody rite a similar program for the e200 ? :roll:

Guest Pagemakers

From www.msmobiles.com

Previous tricks were: remove SD card from the card slot (including the plastic card substitute) and switch off the Bluetooth. Now there is yet another trick:

Go to directory /Storage/Windows/StartUp and remove the file "IA_CID_StartUp.exe"!

An excerpt from a review - "O2 Xphone Episode I: The Xphone Version 0.79" (to view this review click here):

However, there is a way to overcome this at the sacrifice of a certain not-so-useful program – namely IA Style’s built-in Picture Caller ID!

Just navigate to this folder using the also built-in File Manager and delete IA_CID_StartUp.exe (back it up if needed). Now reboot the phone. The result? Battery level at 39% at the end of my ‘average’ day at work, even with SD card in! But as a trade-off, you can’t match incoming callers with pictures of their faces anymore! The choice is yours, and mind was indeed very obvious ;-)

1) hehe i see that you went from a treo 600 to SPV e200??

how that? i have a SPV E200 and am now thinking about buying a Treo 600.. or is this not wise?? :shock:

2) another question.. what is the best program i can use to kill of running processses? i remember that the p900 lets you kill them off by means of the main menu (using a plug-in) what should i use for the SPV E200?

3) Any good sites for spv E200 homescreens? I like the neat and logical once, not those colorfull themes LOL

Thanxs

DvL

:twisted:

Guest Pagemakers
1) hehe i see that you went from a treo 600 to SPV e200??

how that?  i have a SPV E200 and am now thinking about buying a Treo 600..  or is this not wise??  :shock:  

2) another question..  what is the best program i can use to kill of running processses? i remember that the p900 lets you kill them off by means of the main menu (using a plug-in)  what should i use for the SPV E200?

3)  Any good sites for spv E200 homescreens? I like the neat and logical once, not those colorfull themes LOL

Thanxs

DvL

:twisted:

Hi - I have had the E200 all along. But because of it continued unresolved bugs and poor battery life I am constantly looking at other models. Still the E200 is the best I can find so far though.

Personally as you can see from my Treo 600 posting above I do not like the phone. It's just not for me.

I just use the inbuilt task manager to kill programs. I did use a 3rd party task manager with my e100.

Re home screens, I am like you, I can't be arsed with all these non-functional home screens and I don't like Orange's fiddly e200 home screen, so I simply use this:

home.gif

Great stuff!! :lol:

i love the themes of

Themes a lot.. some of them are great.. but they are made for the E100..

1 dumb question.. inbuild task manager? i do see when i change the directory for photo's a great looking taskmanager..

but how do i get to that one?

Thanxs already,

DvL

Now lets think about this......

1. Removing SD card from handset

- No thanks - most of my apps are installed on my SD card, and its a pain when I have to search for which bloody pocket I put the thing in whenever I wanna game of chess of something !

2. Deleting file from IASTYLE CALLER ID

- No thanks - I quite like this app, and wanna see it running, not screwed up by deleting files and stopping it running properly.

Basically my question/point/rant is..... why the hell not make the handset available with enough storage to put these things on in the first place ?

Then the SD card wouldn't need to be polled every time a program is in memory ! ....Simple ? I think so.....

I myself work in IT , and for example, in AS400(Iseries) world, for a program to require use of an external tape drive/disk drive.....guess wot is needed.....?...yes......More power to the tape drive !!!

If the files/program were located locally, only power to the system would be needed !

.....Simple and it wouldn't take much space to make these apps work.

I have take the card out for the last few days and I needed to charge after 29 hours of it being on, which is alot better than 11 hours which i normally get out of it. I do fiddle alot:)

Cheers

baker0

Guest Pagemakers

I removed the IA thing from start up cos I never use it.

It is crap really that we need to do anything like this at all.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest scopes64

Been doing my own little test this week. With SD, without etc. To be honest I didn't find much difference with SD in or out was getting about a days worth.

I normally take the phone off charge at around 11:30pm and turn off the radio to use the phone as an alarm. alram goes off at 7:00 and radio is back on. Battery at this time is usually around 82-84%. the phone is then used throughout the day, normal mixed bag of stuff and by the time i am home from work its normally in the low 20%s. Not great but what i was used to.

Now the other day I removed IA_CID_StartUp.exe from the startup. Morning power is now around 94% and after a days normal usage i still have between 50-55% battery .... nice.

So where as usage of SD may drain battery life, for me at least, it would seem removal of IA_CID_StartUp.exe has a bigger impact. Didn't use it anyway.

In summary I can live without Caller Id but need my SD .. so I'm happy until Orange get their act together and improve matter further.

Guest londonlad

everyone that noticed that the SD card in their phone was draining their battery, did you have that caller ID program installed ? test the SD card without the program, the SD might be gettin the blame instead of the caller id. aww poor sd card

I Have removed the ia caller file form my phone. It runs from 15:50 yesterday (24/01/2004) now is 14:22 (25/01/2004) And still going! But i have not had my sd card in. I will put it in as soon i drain the battery. To test the battery time once more.

Now is 15:04 The phone gave me the message of data loss so i am connecting it ot the main supply. Thats a 23 hours straight! I think we found the source of our problems. If you can live witout caller id then erase it and you have a phone with 23 and maybe more of standbay time.