Want to double your e200 battery life for free?

Guest b0x

I have reluctantly followed the instructions to remove iastyle file from start up however i am unable to do so because the file is in use. can anyone tell me how to do this. i have iastyle task manager which doesnt show processes at all And sptaskmanager which doesnt work. the app seems 2 hang. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Yeah - I seem to be having trouble doing this too. When I try to delete the files using activestink, it says it cant delete them coz the file is in use??

Guest alastair

Ok guys, this is not scientific but I read every post and link to fdo with this issue, and in the last 24 hours I have charged the E200 for about 30mins - it started with a full charge. I have used the web, sent SMS and spent about something like 45mins of use and I have 52% charge left. I left out the SD card and removed the .exe that runs the photo id for calls. I don't know precisely which of these or maybe both made a difference but it has, so thanks you guys have made my E200 behave a bit more like a normal 'phone. I even told orange about this and the guy I talked to had a E200 and had never heard of these tips :lol:

This guy you spoke to at orange, you said he had an e200! :wink:

We should all ring this guy when we want a replacement, he will know the problems with the phone!

Name and ext is what we need!

Guest alastair

As with all things orange you never seem to get useful things like names and extensions. When I said "normal" I really only did mean a bit :lol:

For battery life the E220 doesn't even get close to my Nokia 7210 but I use Pocket PC's and it seems that anything Windows is power hungry, I had to buy an extended battery for my PPC its just a shame that no makes them for the E200 yet but I will be contacting Mugen Power to see if they have any plans to make one and I'll let you know. Anyway I'm just glad I found this site and this thread and I can now use my E200 without having to charge it twice a day. I got 33hrs and down to 35% - thanks to everyone for their posts.

Guest spacemonkey

This thread seemed to die out and I think the issue got confused by the caller id app.

I removed the called ID app but I'm still getting timings like 15 hours off a charge with sd card in... I need to do more testing from my phones perspective, but sd card out seems to be significantly better so far.

Hopefully this will be a specific issue that Orange/HTC addresses in the update because it's mad at the moment. I know I can just remove the sd card when I don't need it, but that is a huge pain in the ****.

Yeah, I'd like to see some people post actualy results of just removing the caller ID program compared to having it on the phone. Anyone up for doing it? I would, but I dont have one yet :lol:

Guest Dectomax

HI,

I've been running my E200 without the sd card for a month now and battery life's drastically improved. Can get 48 Hrs easy. I also disabled the IA caller I.D. prog. 2 weeks ago and did not notice any improvement...... Until today. !! I put my s.d card back in but left the Caller id prog disabled and low and behold my battery is still behaving as it did when i first removed the card. I've still got 4 bars from taking it off charge at 7 this morning. Wahoo, i can use my s.d card again. :) It seems it may be the caller i.d. prog accessing the card or summat that's the prob. ??

Guest spacemonkey

I definitely found with SD Card but without caller id it still performed bad... maybe it's a combination of factors including battery conditioning, cos a number of people seem to be saying that once they've had the phone a while and try the sd again it all starts seeming happy.

Maybe it makes a difference whether the SD was inserted when the phone booted? Generally when you put it back in it'll be while the phone is going...

just thinking out loud... but there is something strange here and I don't think it is all the ia caller id app...

I noticed similar things to suggest that Something is not working well with the SD card. Having the card in and IA id off was as good as having card out and IA on. I have both in/on with bluetooth off and I easily get more then 1 and a half days. I get away with charging every other night.

Guest Russell@home

I have had the IA app disabled for a while now & I left the SD card at work yesterday. The phone was on the cradle all last night & I took it off at 8am, plugged the SD card back in somewhere around 4-5PM received 1 call (5 mins max) & as I post this the battery is at 50%!

there's something not right there!

One of the most interesting feature of having colour on phones is being able to display caller picture id. It may not seem a big deal now but after you have had a good collection of photo's of your frequent caller's, it will make a difference. Looking at pictures is a lot faster than trying to read names on display. Assigning ringtones works with limited people.

I would not like to remove the SD Card from the phone as well simply because one will tend to loose or damage it if needed to plug in/off.

Now with all this said, the above 2 are not the right solution to the battery drain problem. We need a revised firmware or software from HTC/O2/QTek. This should be the first priority on the next revision with many more bug fixes required.

Is there an official thread that we can log in all bugs on E200/XPhone ? The thread should be read probably as "list of known bugs/limitation/issues/problems on E200/O2 Xphone/Qtek 8080". There should be only 1 growing list with the id of the person who posted it.

Guest newquay_kev

Is it the SD card? Is it the caller ID app? Or is it a combination of both???

Maybe one day the phone manufacturers (HTC/Orange/whoever they are) will give us the update that fixes this.

We can only live in hope...

• 1 month later...
Guest Russell@home

My phone has been switched on with bkuetooth enabled for 24 hours now & the battery is at 50% whereas before the battery would be flat after 8 hours.

So it was worked for me!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ingybing

I've done the upgrade on my phone too and the battery still only does about 16 hrs with an SD Card in, but getting near 3 days standby without one in. :roll:

Theres been mention of it before but has anyone else had a bash at writing a little app that'll turn of the sd on and off without crashing the phone? :?