Pirazu port to SP5

Guest kam_

Guest killerost
Is anyone using SPHelper on a Qtek 8310? I installed SPHelper Ver 1.1 in my 8310, but I can not get it to start. I keep getting Error Code 1400 something about being unable to register the hotkey as is being used by another program. I don't know what number corresponds to specifics keys as I tried to modify the .ini. I closed all the running apps via task manager. Can someone post the curresponding number codes for each key on the 8310 keypad or post an SPHelper.ini that works with the Qtek 8310?

I also looked at Fakecursor, but as I unpacked it; I only found ARM and MIPS executables. Anyone found a version of Fakecursor that works on the 8310?

Thanks.

Download FakeCursorSP5test.zip from the first page of this thread, it works for my 8300, so it should work for 8310 too. :)

• 3 months later...
Guest ajamil01

Hi Guys,

I am using Qtek 8310.

I have red all thread, I download FakeCursorSP5test.zip from the first page of this thread but i cant get it working.

When i use FakeCursorSP5test.zip then i can not click on any program, nothing happen when i use action from D-pad.

Also i can not create replace Short_POC shortcut because i think the file Short_POC.lnk is stored on ROM and set as read-only permission. Also i think my phone is also application unlocked as i am able to install Skype ... etc.

Could some one please help me how to use FakeCursor ?

Also i am getting same error "Error Code 1400" when i use "SPHelper"

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest zesci
It seems someone else has made a very full featured cursor emulator:

http://www.bobsoft.com/sphelper/

Saves me the work of hacking fakecursor to add features !

I've tried both but only fakecursor does the job right!

So, one thing that confuses me is, why the hell I have some "trace" when I pull cursor on the screen? You know, something like a tail.

:-))

Guest zesci
Hi Guys,

I am using Qtek 8310.

I have red all thread, I download FakeCursorSP5test.zip from the first page of this thread but i cant get it working.

When i use FakeCursorSP5test.zip then i can not click on any program, nothing happen when i use action from D-pad.

Also i can not create replace Short_POC shortcut because i think the file Short_POC.lnk is stored on ROM and set as read-only permission. Also i think my phone is also application unlocked as i am able to install Skype ... etc.

Could some one please help me how to use FakeCursor ?

Also i am getting same error "Error Code 1400" when i use "SPHelper"

Thanks

Same phone here, SPHelper works but it does not the job right (TomTom Navigator 6) do, I switched to fakecursor, it emulates touchscreen right.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Innersense

so there is still no solution for the return in homescreen when exiting fakecursor?

exept this anoying problem it works flowesly... of course as the joystick can survive...

• 10 months later...
Guest alexdnk
Hi!

I changed the FakeCourser back to the noscreen PPC one for now. I thought it would be safer untill i confirm my modded one doesnt have memory leaks.

Here's some notes..

When you run FakeCursor, it virtually holds down the WIN + LSHIFT key and this makes all your other buttons stop working! (This is one thing i'm hex editiing, but its a bit tricky without a coredll.dll to see the imports on ida). So to get back to normal you need to shut down FakeCursor. This isn't as bad as it sounds...

Curently, the home key or running FakeCursor again will shut it down.

So i decided the best way to make this work is to assign FakeCursor to a hardware key.

Press key - mouse appears, use the mouse,

press key - mouse dissapears, use your phone like normal

For me the best key was the voice note one because i never use this function (hold down the COM manager key - top left side key). Unfortunately this isn't useable outside the homescreen, as its not a global hardware hotkey.

So instead - for now i've mapped it to the COM Manager key, and mapped the voice note one to the COM Manager. To be clear:

BEFORE:

Tap side key - COM MANAGER

Hold Side key (home screen only) - voice notes

AFTER:

Tap side key - mouse on/mouse off

Hold Side key (home screen only) - COM MANAGER

I think this is a good enough compramise for now.

How to install/use it?

------------------------

- Remap COM button to FakeCursor:

Place FakeCursor.exe and Short_POC.lnk into \windows

(Overwrite your old Short_POC.lnk, i've incuded the original in the zip just in case).

- Remap Voice Notes to COM MANAGER:

Browse to:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSNOTES

Rename 1 to 1old

make a new string.

add:

CommManager.exe

Now tap side button to make mouse appear. Use dpad and action button to click. Tap side button to make mouse dissapear

Uninstall?

-----------

- Remap COM Button to COM MANAGER

Delete \Windows\FakeCursor.exe

Rename 'Original Short_POC.lnk' to 'Short_POC.lnk' and copy to \windows

- Remap Voice notes key back to voice notes

Broswe:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSNOTES

Delete key '1'

Rename key 1old to '1'

Problems/Bugs/Things to be fixed

---------------------------------------

Right now this is an unmodified FakeCursorPPC with no settings screen.

When you exit the cursor with the side button, (or the home button) it takes you back to the homescreen. I'm working on a fix on this - hopefully directly in the FakeCursor, worst case with a wrapper.

Agreed it makes it anoying to use right now!

Right now it holds down LSHIFT and WIN keys which means you have to make the mouse dissapear before you can use any of your keys. This is real anoying when you click in a test box and can't type right away. Together with it taking u to the homescreen each time its damn irritating!

I'm working on this one too. It was originally made for CE 3, the HPC devices with keyboards. That one worked with LSHIFT + WIN + direction keys. This one has just been hard coded to simulate the LSHIFT and WIN key press.

SkyPe?

---------

Use the PPC version so you can have voice!. The cab won't install, you will need to extract the file with something like WinCE Cab manager. If you don't have Cab manager, then just use winzip and rename the files:

000Boing.002 -> Boing.wav

000Skype.001 -> Skype.exe

SKYPED~1.003 -> SkypeDialer.dll

Just put all 3 files into a directory on your SD card. (the 4th files isn't needed).

I've succesfully made calls with it, but the dialogs are too big and it looks kinda ugly. A resource editor could fix that nicesly if some has the time to do it for every dialog.

I'll keep you posted on how my modified version is coming.

How to change Com button to Fake cursor?Just give me an PA about it!Or write it here no problem. I still can use it but its a quicker way to get to FAKECURSOR.

Edited by alexdnk

• 5 months later...

Thanks this helped me using TomTom 6 navigator on my Smartphone (HTC S310).

This phone hasnt got the short_poc. So I just copied "FakeCursor.exe" to \windows, and renamed "short_poc" to "long_home" and copied it to \windows. Pushing my home button long will enable/disable the fake cursor. (did no regedits).

Greets,

Dennis

Edit:

Downloaded FakeCursor 1.06 from FakeCursor 1.06. Had to run it one time from the windows folder, after that it was usable via the home button.

You can add a cursor image (*.cur) to the \windows folder (same as FakeCursor) to give it an other look. As shown on gizmondo.

Edited by jjb3

• 1 year later...
Guest MrHabaki
Download FakeCursorSP5test.zip from the first page of this thread, it works for my 8300, so it should work for 8310 too. :)

Just wonna say THANK YOU to the creator of that program! It works perfectly on my Motorola Q9h!