• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Which is the best Non-Smartphone phone?

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I would like it to Sync contacts and calendar, read pop email, take pics, but it doesnt need to be a MS Smartphone.

The more criteria I add, like playing music, the closer it comes to being a true Smartphone. But I was just wondering MS PPCs & Smartphones aside....which is the best phone?

Posted · Report post

Would imagine the best phone that fits your criteria would be the K750i. Syncs for contacts (Although I prefer synching with Mobical for my contact backup) one of the best camera phones going, plays decent tunes, has expandable memory (up to 2Gig memory stick) nice screen easy to use, etc. All in all the K750i (or w800) is probably the best non smartphone currently available

Posted · Report post

Ya. K750i or W800i. I had to choose between the two recently and opted for the K750i as it looks nicer (terrible, I know).

Posted · Report post

Ya. K750i or W800i. I had to choose between the two recently and opted for the K750i as it looks nicer (terrible, I know).

samsung d600 has to be mentioned, too....nice business functions (e.g. tv out), 240x320 pixels, 2mp cam, slider phone, memory expandable up to 2 gigabytes...

i own them both and they both are really good phones but they can't replace a smartphone

Posted · Report post

TV Out for what purpose? Because Samsung can't make a screen size big enough to make out anything so you have to plug in a TV!!!

Sorry, but having a PPC has kind of spoiled me on that score. :) I'm gonna go and watch Highlander on my phone now....

Posted · Report post

TV out on the D600 is for photo slideshows, watching videos IF you can get it working!

:)

Posted · Report post

Easy - the HTC Universal - it's a PPC not a SmartPhone :)

Posted · Report post

Easy - the HTC Universal - it's a PPC not a SmartPhone :)

errr... I think he means something phone-sized mate :D :P

Posted · Report post

Not brick size then? :)

Posted · Report post

Not brick size then? :)

I think the criteria should include the words 'shirt' and 'pocket' somewhere :D

Posted · Report post

But I was just wondering MS PPCs & Smartphones aside....which is the best phone?

I think PPC's are expressly verboten.

Posted · Report post

...I would have to say the Samsung P300 from a size/looks perspective, or the Nokia N80 from a functionality perspective...

Cheers

Nick

Posted · Report post

...I would have to say the Samsung P300 from a size/looks perspective, or the Nokia N80 from a functionality perspective...

Cheers

Nick

The N80 is a smartphone though Nick..

Posted · Report post

I think by smartphone he's reffering to Windows Powered smartphones

Posted · Report post

I think by smartphone he's reffering to Windows Powered smartphones

You mean SmartPhones?

Posted · Report post

You mean SmartPhones?

SmartPhone? I assumed he meant not Windows and not Series 60 and by extension UIQ. Maybe we should ask Encece?

Posted · Report post

I assume that due to the age of this thread, he doesn't really give a hoot anymore :)

Posted · Report post

Well, to get a bit of closure what do we think that the best non 'Smart' (i.e. Windows Mobile, PPC, Linux, Series 60, Series 80 or UIQ) phone is?

Posted · Report post

Well a month ago I would have said the D600 - but many many things about that phone annoyed me - most notably the inability to ring AND vibrate simultaneously.

So I flogged it and got the 8310.. and I'm happy with it.

The 6280 seems like a nice non-smartphone phone, easy to use, large screen, decent camera etc

Posted · Report post

The old BT one with the dial on the front :)

Posted · Report post

I'd say Sony Ericsson K800i (which is my back-up phone) and I love it. The sound quality is great and the picture quality is excellent.

post-355087-1206155950_thumb.jpg