Which is the best Non-Smartphone phone?

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

Which is the best Non-Smartphone phone?

I would like it to Sync contacts and calendar, read pop email, take pics, but it doesnt need to be a MS Smartphone.

The more criteria I add, like playing music, the closer it comes to being a true Smartphone. But I was just wondering MS PPCs & Smartphones aside....which is the best phone?

Guest Jay3gsm

Would imagine the best phone that fits your criteria would be the K750i. Syncs for contacts (Although I prefer synching with Mobical for my contact backup) one of the best camera phones going, plays decent tunes, has expandable memory (up to 2Gig memory stick) nice screen easy to use, etc. All in all the K750i (or w800) is probably the best non smartphone currently available

Guest fearomoon
Ya. K750i or W800i. I had to choose between the two recently and opted for the K750i as it looks nicer (terrible, I know).

samsung d600 has to be mentioned, too....nice business functions (e.g. tv out), 240x320 pixels, 2mp cam, slider phone, memory expandable up to 2 gigabytes...

i own them both and they both are really good phones but they can't replace a smartphone

Guest Confused Stu

TV Out for what purpose? Because Samsung can't make a screen size big enough to make out anything so you have to plug in a TV!!!

Sorry, but having a PPC has kind of spoiled me on that score. :) I'm gonna go and watch Highlander on my phone now....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sporkguy
Easy - the HTC Universal - it's a PPC not a SmartPhone :)

errr... I think he means something phone-sized mate :D :P

Guest dr who
But I was just wondering MS PPCs & Smartphones aside....which is the best phone?

I think PPC's are expressly verboten.

Guest TigerNet

...I would have to say the Samsung P300 from a size/looks perspective, or the Nokia N80 from a functionality perspective...

Cheers

Nick

Guest sporkguy
...I would have to say the Samsung P300 from a size/looks perspective, or the Nokia N80 from a functionality perspective...

Cheers

Nick

The N80 is a smartphone though Nick..

Guest dr who
You mean SmartPhones?

SmartPhone? I assumed he meant not Windows and not Series 60 and by extension UIQ. Maybe we should ask Encece?

Guest dr who

Well, to get a bit of closure what do we think that the best non 'Smart' (i.e. Windows Mobile, PPC, Linux, Series 60, Series 80 or UIQ) phone is?

Guest sporkguy

Well a month ago I would have said the D600 - but many many things about that phone annoyed me - most notably the inability to ring AND vibrate simultaneously.

So I flogged it and got the 8310.. and I'm happy with it.

The 6280 seems like a nice non-smartphone phone, easy to use, large screen, decent camera etc

• 1 year later...
Guest Mr Alom

I'd say Sony Ericsson K800i (which is my back-up phone) and I love it. The sound quality is great and the picture quality is excellent.

post-355087-1206155950_thumb.jpg