Quinstar

M810 I got it, but I see no-one else posting about it, Maybe the first post to start discussions about it

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been searching half the internet for some decent info on my new M810.

The problem is, I can't find anything but news related to the release, no user-discussions whatsoever...

I can't even decently login on the E-ten website itself since they haven't added it to their database yet...

Or I'm just making some stupid mistake.. That's possible too :D

Now, to start with some statements about it, I hope I can get things started rolling...

It's a great looking device. Sleek and strong.

The keyboard works nice too, although a little practice is needed.

The light of the keys goes out a little fast too, but with some registry-editing I adjusted it...

The Gps-works nicely and also the camere makes decent pictures...

E-ten provides a nice amount of extra software, but I removed about half of it.

Those are just not worth the space they need and there's no added funtionality, the standard WM programs are decent enough.

Next is wm6 related: I hate the today screen. way to small and way to cluttered.

I rapidly installed Spb shell 2.0 which makes it a lot more comfortable.

There's one major let-down on the device though, the screen is not very reactive... It takes some time to switch between screens... I read somewhere overhere that an unofficial driver speeded up a lot of E-ten devices, and my guess is, that my driver is as sluggish as those other E-ten devices... So I hope E-ten will revise their driver and come up with a good one...

I really hope E-ten will also release an update to Wm6.1 since I read it should have a decent performance gain.

Overal I'm pretty excited, nice and decent PPc, with a nice look, and great functionality, only the screen could use a decent driver and then the device would be perfect

Any users that got this device too and want to share their problems/tips/tricks,..?

Thanks all!

Edited by Quinstar

Hi,

I've been searching half the internet for some decent info on my new M810.

The problem is, I can't find anything but news related to the release, no user-discussions whatsoever...

I can't even decently login on the E-ten website itself since they haven't added it to their database yet...

Or I'm just making some stupid mistake.. That's possible too :)

Now, to start with some statements about it, I hope I can get things started rolling...

It's a great looking device. Sleek and strong.

The keyboard works nice too, although a little practice is needed.

The light of the keys goes out a little fast too, but with some registry-editing I adjusted it...

The Gps-works nicely and also the camere makes decent pictures...

E-ten provides a nice amount of extra software, but I removed about half of it.

Those are just not worth the space they need and there's no added funtionality, the standard WM programs are decent enough.

Next is wm6 related: I hate the today screen. way to small and way to cluttered.

I rapidly installed Spb shell 2.0 which makes it a lot more comfortable.

There's one major let-down on the device though, the screen is not very reactive... It takes some time to switch between screens... I read somewhere overhere that an unofficial driver speeded up a lot of E-ten devices, and my guess is, that my driver is as sluggish as those other E-ten devices... So I hope E-ten will revise their driver and come up with a good one...

I really hope E-ten will also release an update to Wm6.1 since I read it should have a decent performance gain.

Overal I'm pretty excited, nice and decent PPc, with a nice look, and great functionality, only the screen could use a decent driver and then the device would be perfect

Any users that got this device too and want to share their problems/tips/tricks,..?

Thanks all!

It's a far better handset that many give it credit for. However, I had to perform a hard reset and have now lost my O2 contract wap settings. Can anyone help?