M810 I got it, but I see no-one else posting about it, Maybe the first post to start discussions about it

Guest Quinstar

Guest Quinstar

Hi,

I've been searching half the internet for some decent info on my new M810.

The problem is, I can't find anything but news related to the release, no user-discussions whatsoever...

I can't even decently login on the E-ten website itself since they haven't added it to their database yet...

Or I'm just making some stupid mistake.. That's possible too :D

Now, to start with some statements about it, I hope I can get things started rolling...

It's a great looking device. Sleek and strong.

The keyboard works nice too, although a little practice is needed.

The light of the keys goes out a little fast too, but with some registry-editing I adjusted it...

The Gps-works nicely and also the camere makes decent pictures...

E-ten provides a nice amount of extra software, but I removed about half of it.

Those are just not worth the space they need and there's no added funtionality, the standard WM programs are decent enough.

Next is wm6 related: I hate the today screen. way to small and way to cluttered.

I rapidly installed Spb shell 2.0 which makes it a lot more comfortable.

There's one major let-down on the device though, the screen is not very reactive... It takes some time to switch between screens... I read somewhere overhere that an unofficial driver speeded up a lot of E-ten devices, and my guess is, that my driver is as sluggish as those other E-ten devices... So I hope E-ten will revise their driver and come up with a good one...

I really hope E-ten will also release an update to Wm6.1 since I read it should have a decent performance gain.

Overal I'm pretty excited, nice and decent PPc, with a nice look, and great functionality, only the screen could use a decent driver and then the device would be perfect

Any users that got this device too and want to share their problems/tips/tricks,..?

Thanks all!

Edited by Quinstar

• 1 year later...
Guest the_evertonian
Hi,

I've been searching half the internet for some decent info on my new M810.

The problem is, I can't find anything but news related to the release, no user-discussions whatsoever...

I can't even decently login on the E-ten website itself since they haven't added it to their database yet...

Or I'm just making some stupid mistake.. That's possible too :)

Now, to start with some statements about it, I hope I can get things started rolling...

It's a great looking device. Sleek and strong.

The keyboard works nice too, although a little practice is needed.

The light of the keys goes out a little fast too, but with some registry-editing I adjusted it...

The Gps-works nicely and also the camere makes decent pictures...

E-ten provides a nice amount of extra software, but I removed about half of it.

Those are just not worth the space they need and there's no added funtionality, the standard WM programs are decent enough.

Next is wm6 related: I hate the today screen. way to small and way to cluttered.

I rapidly installed Spb shell 2.0 which makes it a lot more comfortable.

There's one major let-down on the device though, the screen is not very reactive... It takes some time to switch between screens... I read somewhere overhere that an unofficial driver speeded up a lot of E-ten devices, and my guess is, that my driver is as sluggish as those other E-ten devices... So I hope E-ten will revise their driver and come up with a good one...

I really hope E-ten will also release an update to Wm6.1 since I read it should have a decent performance gain.

Overal I'm pretty excited, nice and decent PPc, with a nice look, and great functionality, only the screen could use a decent driver and then the device would be perfect

Any users that got this device too and want to share their problems/tips/tricks,..?

Thanks all!

It's a far better handset that many give it credit for. However, I had to perform a hard reset and have now lost my O2 contract wap settings. Can anyone help?